Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 375 of 627 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I find it so hypocritical of anyone calling trumpís response to all the violence at the protests as weak and lacking of leadership meanwhile you got city and state leaders all over the country sitting there doing nothing while their big cities burn down and get looted .
    And that is what will happen for another 200 years.....it is just a never ending cycle. But Trump caused it all and should be solely blamed.

Talking about defect?

The leaders of the cities just basically hide and let Trump take it all....

And I know he is the President but just saying responsibility should be shared during crisis like this....

And this all goes back 200 years and NOTHING WAS EVER DONE since besides Lincolnís leadership.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-02-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Exactly Dr...

So why not blame the agitators for ruining the true message of the protesters?

Oh I get it, the President is the one who threw bricks into the glass of businesses and started all of the destruction.

You tend to ignore the agitators IMO.
    I want to see proof that the agitators are just the minority in the protests that get violent . Because if that were truly the case then you would think the large majority of the protestors would be able to keep the violence to a minimum since the are all peaceful like you say

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    No. People are using the fact that he teargassed a peaceful protest in order to do a photo shoot at the church.

That peaceful protest could have been anywhere and if he teargassed it for the same reason it would have been equally as egregious.
    What makes the church worse is that he stood there holding a bible. And let me ask you, how would Jesus hands this situation? By fanning flames of hate?
    Might Jesus have asked to pray with the bishop?
    The Bishop was offended. The bishop.

I do however fully agree churches should be subject to the same taxes. If they were we could easily pay for the healthcare system Bernie wants.
    Absolutely 100% on target.

The sad irony of it all, the church has a history that dates back to very early 1800 and played a pivotal role in the civil rights movement.

He staged an event. He used the bible as a prop. Don the con relied on his huckster history and pulled a "made for TV stunt." Just when you think he couldn't stoop any lower....surprise!

Lafayette Square Park is a national park also with a history of protests and demonstration. The park was filled with peaceful protesters. What was the reason he decided at that moment to go for a walk across the st? Prior to yesterday he visited the church once (his inauguration) in 4 years. Why did he wait until "prime time" to stage the stunt?

As the arch bishop for the diocese, Rev. Mariann Budde commented: "He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving," she said. "He didn't come to commit to healing our nation, all the things that we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land."

Father James Martin, a prominent Jesuit priest and author, said in a statement to NBC News, "Using the Bible as a prop while talking about sending in the military, bragging about how your country is the greatest in the world, and publicly mocking people on a daily basis, is pretty much the opposite of all Jesus stood for."

He added, "Let me be clear. This is revolting. The Bible is not a prop. A church is not a photo op. Religion is not a political tool. And God is not a plaything."

Rabbi Jack Moline, president of Interfaith Alliance, said in a statement Monday, "Seeing President Trump stand in front of St. Johnís Episcopal Church while holding a Bible in response to calls for racial justice ó right after using military force to clear peaceful protesters out of the area ó is one of the most flagrant misuses of religion I have ever seen. This only underscores the president's complete lack of compassion for Black Americans and the lethal consequences of racism."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...visit-n1221876

And that is what will happen for another 200 years.....it is just a never ending cycle. But Trump caused it all and should be solely blamed.

Talking about defect?

The leaders of the cities just basically hide and let Trump take it all....

And I know he is the President but just saying responsibility should be shared during crisis like this....

And this all goes back 200 years and NOTHING WAS EVER DONE since besides Lincolnís leadership.
    They say they want true leadership from trump , well part of true leadership is keeping your people safe . And protecting your cities from destruction . And that is exactly what trump is ding by saying he would use the military to keep the peace .

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Therein lies the sad reality and truth. The meaningful message is lost. The focus is on the violence and the behavior of the few condemns the many.
    Yes Dr, I agree 100%

And this happens everytime.

But Dr, a few?

Come on...get real. It is more than a few.

The problem is the so called FEW allows the opportunist to jump in and make it look even worse.

The FEW do not care about George Floyd Dr. And the people of the US just see the bad and that is how MORE DIVIDE is created.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-02-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Yes Dr, I agree 100%

I still think itís more than just a few that are being violent here

NPR Politics
    @nprpolitics

Police in Washington, D.C. used tear gas and rubber bullets on peaceful protesters to clear them away from St. John's church, which suffered a small fire Sunday night, near the White House.

President Trump then walked to the church for a photo op. https://trib.al/XNZfS1U

A ****in photo op! Peaceful protesters!
    Dr your focus is just Trump. Give us some links of the agitators ruining the actual movement.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Yes Dr, I agree 100%

But Dr, a few?

Come on...get real. It is more than a few.

The problem is the so called FEW allows the opportunist to jump in and make it look even worse.

The FEW do not care about George Floyd Dr. And the people of the US just see the bad and that is how MORE DIVIDE is created.
    Nick "few" in the context used, is a figure of speech. Yes there were more than a few rioters. Were they the majority? No. They were in the minority.

"The focus is on the violence and the behavior of the few condemns the many."
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-02-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I still think itís more than just a few that are being violent here
    Of course, The Dr just minimizes it because he tries to deflect it all to Trump.

Look, we all know social injustice exists everywhere in this world. But this is all Trumpís fault.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Nick "few" in the context used, is a figure of speech. Yes there were more than a few rioters. Were they the majority? No. They were in the minority.

Can you prove that the violent rioters were truly in the minority in the protests that ended up violent ? I mean I donít see how a minority of people could cause so much damage to require the national guard

Of course, The Dr just minimizes it because he tries to deflect it all to Trump.

Look, we all know social injustice exists everywhere in this world. But this is all Trumpís fault.
    Wrong! I try to take a more realistic, ie less reactionary, perspective.

Trumpís security rushes him into a bunker for an hour and he is a cowardly dictator , he goes and Walks across the street and disperses the protestors with tear gas who lit the church on fire that he went and made speech in front Of and he is a Ruthless dictator . He just canít win

"The focus is on the violence and the behavior of the few condemns the many."
    Dr, the minority RUINED THE TRUE MOVEMENT. Now the movement is stained. I fully understand but a lot of people who donít follow just see the TV and see cities being ruined and blame people who they see ransacking and stealing. The opportunist are on the sidelines waiting as well.

Why not Have a huge movement like Dr Martin Luther King had? This never ending cycle will continue with the next black death caused by a few bad apples of some police department in some city in the US.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Wrong! I try to take a more realistic, ie less reactionary, perspective.
    I understand Dr. But you sound too much like a CNN analysis.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Dr, the minority RUINED THE TRUE MOVEMENT. Now the movement is stained. I fully understand but a lot of people who donít follow just see the TV and see cities being ruined and blame people who they see ransacking and stealing. The opportunist are on the sidelines waiting as well.

Why not Have a huge movement like Dr Martin Luther King had? This never ending cycle will continu
    e with the next black death caused by a few bad apples of some police department in some city in the US.

I still find it hard to believe that it is just a minority that are ruining this movement .