Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 371 of 627 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're missing the point as usual. All lives do matter but you're trivializing the black lives matter movement. You don't deal with oppression, prejudice, police brutality, the presumption of being guilty, etc based on the color of your skin.
    I’m not missing the point.

What is wrong with saying Black lives matter too?

That current statement just perceives it is just them that suffers in this Country and that is not true.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Who gives a damn about some stupid statue?

Really?

Anyway, you can’t erase history as much as you and the left want.
    I give up. You can not be this dense Nick. Or are you intentionally trying to infuriate me?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Clown, unless you have actual concrete proof of numbers of the entire base then you cannot just assume.
    Not an assumption. It's a belief.
    You don't think it's plausible that 55% of trump supporters are racist? I genuinely believe they are
    Again, I am not saying card carrying members who want to actively harm people. I am not saying mean people.

I am saying people who would rather things stay as they are even if it means a group of people remains at a disadvantage.
    To be clear Mush, we are talking his BASE, not everyone who voted for him.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 06-01-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

That current statement just perceives it is just them that suffers in this Country and that is not true.
    Yes you are. You're equating what black people deal with to what all other races deal with. Are white people being profiled, shot at, brutalized by cops because of the color of their skin? There is answer is no. This is cultural circumstance that needs to change and the anger comes from the fact that nothing is done to change it.

Cops have doing this **** for years. It has to stop.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-01-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I give up. You can not be this dense Nick. Or are you intentionally trying to infuriate me?
    Remember he gets everything he knows from Fox News.

True. You couldn't wash your car or cut your hair for a month and half. How did you survive that systemic oppression of the middle class white male?

Did the first Time you went to the car wash, the attendant, ask you to keep your hands where he could see them because he knew how white people love soap and he was afraid you'd try to steal some?

Ignorance is bliss

Whites don't worry about being killed by cops like blacks do. Nor do whites worry about a black person thresteningbto call the police on them for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    For the record, the US is not a Democracy. It's a Republic.
    No really?! I learn sumutin new every day. Dats why it says "to the republic for which it stands"

Truth is my most worldly and scholarly friend we are a constitutional republic and representative democracy, governed by the democratic process at both the local and federal levels.

In practice, the word “republic” has the same meaning as the term “representative democracy.” And a representative democracy is a form of democracy in the same way that a Gala or Macintosh is a form of apple.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Whites don't worry about being killed by cops like blacks do. Nor do whites worry about a black person thresteningbto call the police on them for any reason.
    Flimflam, if you have to explain the obvious I fear it falls on deaf ears. Save your breath and the pixels.

Who gives a damn about some stupid statue?

Really?

Anyway, you can’t erase history as much as you and the left want.

I don't know, the families and descendants of the men and women owned by that man and the men who fought by his side for the purpose of seeing that ownership continue. You know, the men who wanted to own other men and women as property

(Or anyone else who finds slavery to be a bit offensive.)

As to your history comment, true but I don't see Germany with too many hitler statues.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    If Trump had used his power to promote police reform instead of tweeting angrily at Kapernick.
    I swear I laughed so hard at this post because I thought you had written "twerking angrily" and the image of Trump, angrily twerking at Kap made my laugh like crazy.

Trump has his super serious and trying to be sexy face on as he twerks mercilessly at Colin. He breaks a sweat, the hair dye drips down his face leaving a different color of orange streaks on his skin as he realizes he is desperately turned on by Colin while backing that azz up in full twerk

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I swear I laughed so hard at this post because I thought you had written "twerking angrily" and the image of Trump, angrily twerking at Kap made my laugh like crazy.

Trump has his super serious and trying to be sexy face on as he twerks mercilessly at Colin. He breaks a sweat, the hair dye drips down his face leaving a different color of orange streaks on his skin as he realizes he is desperately turned on by Colin while backing that azz up in full twerk
    MY EYES! I can't unsee the image of all that blubber violently sloshing to and fro!

Thanks clown....and I had a delicious dinner planned.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Would they have escalated things with inflammatory rhetoric?

Would their dog whistle to the white nationalist have empowered and legitimized the hate we see? Would they have given them a national platform?

Would their policies have marginalized minorities further?

I would say no to all. It wouldn't be a question of what could they have done to stop it, but rather prevent it from ever getting to this point.
    I really don't think Trump is to blame for it escalating to what it has either. This looting and rioting happened before Trump over police brutality against black citizens as well.

That said, something obviously needs to be done. I firmly believe that probably 98% of law enforcement are good and fair people. But those 2% make 100% of them look like anti black pieces of ****. That isn't fair to the officers who are put even more at risk because of it and it isn't fair to the black community who are unjustly targeted by the bad cops.

No idea what the answer is, but there should be a zero tolerance policy for all law enforcement against all races. They should be there to support and protect all colors of skin.

Well one thing that will happen as a result of these “ protests” is that there will likely be large enough spikes in the virus to warrant more closures

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Lol, I do mass up spelling a great deal. Your imagination made me throw up a little in my mouth.