Follow us on Twitter

Page 370 of 627 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 9393
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I knew this would come..

Testing is why not reopening......

Geez.

It's both. You don't find a coincidence between opening the state and more cases? It is a logical concept.
    The sudden uptick death from pneumonia, cases is another story.
    I suspect that some states are seeing a person die of pneumonia while they have covid and counting it as pneumonia even if they know covid was the cause for the pneumonia or the underlying issue was exacerbated by covid.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Sure they do. Just listen to Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Ill Govenor Pritzker or Chicago Maor Lori Lightfoot.

I like quoting so my comments are directed specifically. Sorry that you don't.
    When I am one of the few conservatives on a board like this full of liberals who often are disrespectful (not all), I'm not really surprised.
    No, its because your mannerisms (like the multi quoting) are those of someone who has experience posting here and is most likely a dupe.

Convenient you dismiss the point about Trump liking a tweet that involves killing liberals. Show me examples where left wing politicians are engaging in the same inflamed rhetoric Trump is.

Damn Gov are weak too Clown. These Gov are allowing people to loot and destroy property. Agitators are the problem now.
    I agree to an extent about the agitators.
    I believe some are ANTIFA trying to forward an agenda and some are white nationalists using this to make the true protestors look bad.

I don't think the governors are weak. I suspect they will begin to come down tougher. I think they tried to let people burn off some steam and it went too far.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Just underscores the reality, he wasn't nor will he ever be presidential caliber individual.

Could the response be any more inappropriate? In a moment we need a calming resolve we get more fuel on the fire. His base, the racists and white nationalist are celebrating the arrival of their messiah. Scary.
    Dr, that is a blanket statement and an insult to people who are not racist or white nationalist but support the opposite of Biden.

You people are so judgmental and put everyone in the same basket.

Dr, you are just like Hillary and her deplorable comment.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I absolutely agree about his base being white nationalists.

I don't agree so much with them not being racists.

Do you think Trump is racist?
    If you don't, then you are likely correct about his base not being racist because we look at racism differently

If you do think he is, then I would say that his base is in the majority, racist.

I think he's racist. I think his base is made up of far more racists than non racists. They may be super nice people and simply lack exposure to diversity but I know a ton of his supporters and all but a very few are racist.
    Not over the top and not in a mean way but they definitely have there tightly held stereotypes and fears that shade their views.

Define a Trump racist voter.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Oh save it....

Agitators are the ones causing the major disruption and then opportunists jump in....

Call it correctly....
    Its a mix of people. Not just agitators. You have people who are protesting for a cause, some peaceful, some not. You have white supremacists and militarized movements both of extreme left and extreme right. The extreme right like nothing more than destruction they can blame on blacks to further the notion that "thugs" are all black. Then you have looters who are just taking advantage of the civil unrest and the disproportionate amount of citizens to cops. They look at it as an opportunity to take ****.

That said, you again trivialize the movement of black lives matter with "all lives matter". The fact is people of color, especially blacks, deal with oppression, profiling, police brutality, the presumption of being guilty just based on the color of their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    For the record, the US is not a Democracy. It's a Republic.
    For the record. It is both.

And for the record, there has been debate over this for a long time. There has been enough debate that certain states have tried to remove democracy from their states charter/constitutions...

The most widely used term I have seen is a democratic republic.
    Or even more specific, a federal constitutional representative democracy or republic

Ignorance is bliss

Define a Trump racist voter.
    Someone who knows there is a system slanted in their way and either ignores it or doesn't care to have it changed or likes it that way.
    Someone who thinks that certain communities need to just pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Or that entire communities, "did it to themselves"
    Or people who think they should help in what is a patronizing way.
    Things like that

Again, they may be lovely people and feel like they are well intended and may be so in many ways but not this one

Ignorance is bliss

I have no fear of fair elections. However a certain party has done everything in their power to suppress vote. Now do you believe that party would endorse voter id and a far more legitimate election?
    How is not having an ID suppressing voters. That their fault if they do not have an ID.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Are you suggesting his base is NOT made up, in part by racists and white nationalist? If you said it was redundant I would understand, but comma's? If you are suggesting his base is more than that suggested I agree. But no arguing many if not all racists inspired hate groups are in his corner and rejoicing. Why is Stephan Miller still in the WH?

Dr, why donít you list the people Obama associated himself with that were haters as well?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Yes indeed.
    What is true is the left want to change everything in this country to their likening.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Jorge, I will extend that benefit as well. You certainly don't believe all those marching with tiki torches and chanting "One people, one nation, end immigration," "Jews will not replace us," "White lives matter," and "Blood and soil." were there to protest the removal of a civil war statue!
    Who gives a damn about some stupid statue?

Really?

Anyway, you canít erase history as much as you and the left want.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I was agreeing with you that his main bae is not mostly white nationalists. I do not think the majority of his base are white nationalists

I do think the majority of his base is racist.

I define racist the belief one race is better than the other along with looking down on another race based on negatively formed, insular beliefs about the practices, behaviors or characteristics of that race and the use of those beliefs to systemically keep people down or at a disadvantage. I also consider those who refuse to consider that systemic racism is an issue to be racist because it is inconvenient or an unpleasant thought. If you don't shine a light on it or admit it is there and needs change, you are racist.

The last two sentences are what I consider the majority of Trump supporters. They know it's an issue or refuse to acknowledge that it is. They know it's there but they don't care about changing it because it may negatively affect them.

I don't dispute whether or not the black community has significant racist views, I will absolutely dispute the impact of those views. Whites have been systemically using racism to oppress and entire race of people. That is a very different type of racism. When one group wins and one loses, it is undeniably different.
    That is why I say that most of trump's base is racist. They do not address this topic even when confronted with it.

Hillary is a moron.
    Clown, unless you have actual concrete proof of numbers of the entire base then you cannot just assume.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Dr, that is a blanket statement and an insult to people who are not racist or white nationalist but support the opposite of Biden.

"you" people Nick? What exactly does that mean? I have always treated you with respect. I would appreciate the same. Judgmental? You couldn't be more off the mark.

Again you missed the point and push your own narrative. I was referring to his inflammatory statement fueling the fire at a time we need calm reassurance! Yes it resonates with his base, but that is not the crux of my comment.

But you're voting for Biden, so you are one of us!

Mush, the issue is this, he has not consistently, come out and flat out condemned those movements. He has not done it loudly enough for all to hear.

Let's say your neighbor has a bbq and you are hanging out but then notice a bunch of KKK guys at the keg.
    You ask your neighbor why they are there. He says," I didn't invite them but they bough a cake. They are bad people and I don't agree with them", and continues on business as usual while the KKK dudes sip beers and eat steak.

Should he ask them to leave?
    If he didn't, wouldn't that make you think, hmm?

And then every bbq or party he had, those same guys were there. They always bought a contribution to the party and he never said anything negative about them?

Is your neighbor innocent of being considered a racist?

Ignorance is bliss