Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 367 of 627 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    As much as Trump has sucked, especially these past few months, there's really nothing he or Hilary or Biden could do to stop the looting and rioting.
    Would they have escalated things with inflammatory rhetoric?

Would their dog whistle to the white nationalist have empowered and legitimized the hate we see? Would they have given them a national platform?

Would their policies have marginalized minorities further?

I would say no to all. It wouldn't be a question of what could they have done to stop it, but rather prevent it from ever getting to this point.

Going for 28.. Trump said that Governors are weak if you don't dominate protesters. He is calling for the full weight of the law for those who break the law and to also show enough force to dissuade peaceful protests. Funny, why not call for the weight of the law to punish bad cops ? He could have called for the police involved to be punished as well. He is going to make this worse. Would Clinton have done that or Biden ? Or even my candidate Kassich or Rubio ? Trump is a walking bottle of gasoline but it plays to his base.

Wait and see our nation's enemies may take advantage of this unrest and covid to test the nation internationally and who wants Trump and his staff of misfits to handle a military crisis ???

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Going for 28.. Trump said that Governors are weak if you don't dominate protesters. He is calling for the full weight of the law for those who break the law and to also show enough force to dissuade peaceful protests. Funny, why not call for the weight of the law to punish bad cops ? He could have called for the police involved to be punished as well. He is going to make this worse. Would Clinton have done that or Biden ? Or even my candidate Kassich or Rubio ? Trump is a walking bottle of gasoline but it plays to his base.
    Jim Acosta reporting he called governors weak and demanded tougher response. Also exhorting: "You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate." This will certainly quell the uproar.

Trump wanted a war. He now has an excuse to flex his blubber. Don't be shocked or surprised, next move is the military and marshal law in certain areas.
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-01-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jim Acosta reporting he called governors weak and demanded tougher response. Also exhorting: "You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate." This will certainly quell the uproar.

Trump wanted a war. He now has an excuse to flex his blubber. Don't be shocked or surprised, next move is the military and marshal law in certain areas.
    I also fear a suspension of the elections. The US as a Democracy
    Is at risk. But Trump may get his military parades after all. My fellow conservatives will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sure.

But coming into a thread and immediately being contentious with the majority of people whiten the thread is a red flag for, you guessed it, a dupe.

It goes both ways.
    I tried to trick no one. I commented upon a post that of itself was incorrect and inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I absolutely agree about his base being white nationalists.
    good luck with that one. I'd be open to evidence of that. Otherwise it does come off as a symptom of anti-Trump.
    I don't agree so much with them not being racists.
    Can you rephrase please?

Do you think Trump is racist?
    I do not know, but if he is, he sucks at it given all he's presided over as President for minorities.

If you don't, then you are likely correct about his base not being racist because we look at racism differently
    How do you see racism?

I think he's racist. I think his base is made up of far more racists than non racists. They may be super nice people and simply lack exposure to diversity but I know a ton of his supporters and all but a very few are racist.
    by polling data (which sadly I am not able to find right now so take this for what it's worth) would say the most racist of color is African American, so given the voting pattern, it would appear that would not be the Trump supporter.

Not over the top and not in a mean way but they definitely have there tightly held stereotypes and fears that shade their views.
    Trump never called an African American a "Super Predator" or said "they all look alike" as a politician or spouse of one.

Bingo. No secret that high voter turnout works in the D's favor historically. Primary reason most R's implore ministers and pastors to pray for rain on election days.

One must wonder, why have so many R's supported effort to suppress the vote?
    You want a fair election? Voter ID, pure and simple.

I agree. There are many fine people......on BOTH sides.
    I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and that you really know that the President was not saying that White Nationalists are fine people in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It speaks more to his lack of leadership. Antagonizing those who are out there doesn't help matters either. You're right, its impossible to stop what is going on right now but there are ways for him to present himself in a more understanding and empathetic manner which would gather people together, instead of pushing them further apart.

That's what this president does best though. He loves divisiveness.
    He's not alone. Sadly it's a playbook that the two majority parties continue to use in much the same way.

, next move is the military and marshal law in certain areas.
    That should have been happening long before today given the domestic terror that is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That should have been happening long before today given the domestic terror that is happening.
    Would you define the treatment of blacks by the police domestic terror as well ?

He's not alone. Sadly it's a playbook that the two majority parties continue to use in much the same way.
    Not to the extent Trump does. He specializes in divisiveness. The only crowd Trump knows how to talk to is his base. He liked a video on twitter last week that involved killing liberals ffs. What other American presidents do you know advocate that type of rhetoric towards their opposition?

Btw, you're doing a great job giving off the impression that you're not a dupe when you're multi quoting posts already. I know posters here who don't know how to do that and they have thousands of posts. I understand your response will be something in the like of you being smarter than they are but just saying, you're off to a bad start.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-01-2020 at 03:08 PM.

You want a fair election? Voter ID, pure and simple.
    Sure then explain why in many States they made it harder to get the ID ? You been paying attention to that aspect of the story ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Sure then explain why in many States they made it harder to get the ID ? You been paying attention to that aspect of the story ?
    Certainly has nothing to do with making it harder on minorities (those of which overwhelmingly side democrat) to vote.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-01-2020 at 03:32 PM.