Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 627 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135535 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why doesnít anybody have any issue of the name: Spanish Flu?

Oh I forgot, that was before the PC police started their crap!
    I have zero issue with any of the names. Chinese virus. Spanish flu. Whatever.

King flu is hilarious, but I can definitely see that name being deemed racist lol

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Um small businesses are not big corporations . And small businesses need to be kept running or many more people will die from starvation and violence than the virus itself .
    What part of "good news" did you not understand?

"Good News: The Stimulus Bill provides $367 billion for small business loans and $130 billion for hospitals. This is a big step in the right direction...."

Dr, when do you feel we will get to the herd immunity area?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-25-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

After looking back Trump was careless in the first 12 weeks. Now granted, China was the actual PROBLEM for not reporting it initially or silencing people who did.

But Trump put us in a bad circumstance.

But seriously?

No matter who is President they would have not stopped this.....
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What part of "good news" did you not understand?

"Good News: The Stimulus Bill provides $367 billion for small business loans and $130 billion for hospitals. This is a big step in the right direction...."
    Of course you would leave out the part I was actually responding To. Here is the whole quote I was responding to .

Good News: The Stimulus Bill provides $367 billion for small business loans and $130 billion for hospitals. This is a big step in the right direction, but it's ridiculous that corporations are getting nearly four times as much bailout money as hospitals on the front lines of this crisis .

After looking back Trump was careless in the first 12 weeks. Now granted, China was the actual PROBLEM for not reporting it initially or silencing people who did.

But seriously?

Thing is , the senate and congress were both too focused on impeaching trump during atleast 8 of those 12 weeks to get anything done . So tell me what truly could have gotten done during that time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Of course you would leave out the part I was actually responding To. Here is the whole quote I was responding to .

Good News: The Stimulus Bill provides $367 billion for small business loans and $130 billion for hospitals. This is a big step in the right direction, but it's ridiculous that corporations are getting nearly four times as much bailout money as hospitals on the front lines of this crisis .
    No Jorge you said specifically "Um small businesses are not big corporations . And small businesses need to be kept running or many more people will die from starvation and violence than the virus itself ."

I think the entire point of my post was in support of small business as opposed to big. In particular hospitals who are on the front lines of the fight.

But seriously?

True and I agree. As I have stated previously there was no stopping it, however the sooner we tested and addressed confinement the better.

Dr, when do you feel we will get to the herd immunity area?
    Way above my pay grade Nick. Models vary. It all depends on rapid immunity. Once most people are immune, virus dies off because most are resistant and it has nowhere to go. Could be a year could be longer. I really have no clue.
    In theory, hot spots should develop immunity more quickly do to sheer numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    D's secured a provision in the deal that prohibits businesses controlled by Trump, Pence, members of Congress and heads of exec departments from getting loans or investments from the new slush fund.

Also their children. D's announced it early this AM.

Hmmmmm wonder why such a provision was even necessary?
    Because politicians are thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I have zero issue with any of the names. Chinese virus. Spanish flu. Whatever.

King flu is hilarious, but I can definitely see that name being deemed racist lol
    I am upset that they call it Corona virus, Corona is my drink of choice

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Why doesnít anybody have any issue of the name: Spanish Flu?

Oh I forgot, that was before the PC police started their crap!
    Here is some history
    It was called the Spanish flu because Spain was not involved in WW1. So they were the only country reporting their cases. The countries involved in the war, didn't want to divulge how many were sick because it could be used against them buy the enemy.
    It is called the Spanish flu, because they recorded it and no one else did.

This virus is named Covid 19. Call it that.
    Calling it the Chinese virus is divisive. I don't think it 's racist but it's divisive We don't need to be doing that now.

It is Mush however being used as a rallying cry for some, and Asian Americans are being both verbally and physically assaulted with the message of "go back home".
    I'm not saying it is his intent but it is a result and it is ugly.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Democrats bill is too ideological as well. I understand they want to pressure the Republicans but this is the wrong time to do it. You're not getting universal healthcare or eliminating college debt for example. Its time to get money to American citizens, help small businesses, extend/improve unemployment benefits and provide avenues for people out of work to survive this financially.

Wrong time for party politics but its ridiculous that Trump and McConnell seriously wanted to bail out cruise liners (many of which are not even owned by American companies) before helping American citizens.
    I agree. We need laws making it illegal for the federal government to give money to big businesses in any way ull stop.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Now you have 100,000 possible death in ONE WEEK?

Wow!
    That is the extreme and if we don't get the tools and people needed. If the country gets it together and gets the ventilators needed, finds the workers to help, that won't happen.
    If we don't and the virus spreads how it has been, it could be very, very ugly.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    I am upset that they call it Corona virus, Corona is my drink of choice
    Plus there is the people of Corona California. Also, when I look at bright things I see a corona around things. My eyes are racist.