Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 627 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Spin it Nick. Bottom line, D's insisted upon stronger worker protections and oversight over a $500 billion fund to bail out businesses.
    Trump and McConnell saw it as an opportunity to create a nice slush fund for them and their billionaire business friends. Its a joke.

Sure, there should be a business side to the bill but the average Americans are the ones most in need of money right now as unemployment skyrockets. A single time 1200 dollar payment is mediocre to say the least and even the Democrats 1500 dollar payment won't suffice but at least the Dems bill isn't filled with the same pork the Republicans wanted.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trump and McConnell saw it as an opportunity to create a nice slush fund for them and their billionaire business friends. Its a joke.

Sure, there should be a business side to the bill but the average Americans are the ones most in need of money right now as unemployment skyrockets. A single time 1200 dollar payment is mediocre to say the least and even the Democrats 1500 dollar payment won't suffice but at least the Dems bill isn't filled with the same pork the Republicans wanted.
    We only see the pork that's not on our plate.

Ignorance is bliss

The Democrats bill is too ideological as well. I understand they want to pressure the Republicans but this is the wrong time to do it. You're not getting universal healthcare or eliminating college debt for example. Its time to get money to American citizens, help small businesses, extend/improve unemployment benefits and provide avenues for people out of work to survive this financially.

Wrong time for party politics but its ridiculous that Trump and McConnell seriously wanted to bail out cruise liners (many of which are not even owned by American companies) before helping American citizens.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    It is the wrong time for politics. That is why we accept a Mets fan in here to discuss. We must all band together.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We only see the pork that's not on our plate.
    Yeah a lot of "**** American citizens" exists in Washington DC. There needs to be room left for another bailout bill as well. Considering that most Americans who are out of work because of the virus will probably be in the same position a month or 6 weeks from now (if not more unemployed people as this continues), they are going to have to re-visit this.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    it is the wrong time for politics. That is why we accept a mets fan in here to discuss. We must all band together.
    I knew there was a reason why i liked you.

The Growing Chaos Inside New York’s Hospitals

By Lizzie Widdicombe

March 23, 2020

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-l...ened-hospitals
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-25-2020 at 01:06 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I've read that as soon as this bill is done, they're going to start working on a second stimulus/bailout bill. This is just the start, from my understanding.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The Growing Chaos Inside New York’s Hospitals

By Lizzie Widdicombe

March 23, 2020
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-l...ened-hospitals
    Article isn't coming up.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Article isn't coming up.

Sorry RC I tried to correct several times the link is broken.

Sorry RC I tried to correct several times the link is broken.
    Thanks Doc. You broke the internet.

SMH. Old people

MLB and the MLBPA are leaning towards a schedule that the regular season would go through October. They also are discussing having the playoffs held in warm area NEUTRAL locations as the most likely scenario for the season/playoffs.

was told that they were considering a start date between June 1- July 1, probably closer to the later depending on how long the 2nd ST is going to be. Per ESPN and Jeff Passan....

I'm very happy that it sounds like they are going to extend the regular season to get in a 100 plus games but the idea of playing the playoffs and WS in neutral warm weather sites kinda sucks IMO, the way YS rocking and rolling in the playoffs is a huge advantage for us

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I've read that as soon as this bill is done, they're going to start working on a second stimulus/bailout bill. This is just the start, from my understanding.

Let's hope so. There needs to be more checks made to American citizens in that bill as well because people are still going to have a hard time making ends meet for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    MLB and the MLBPA are leaning towards a schedule that the regular season would go through October. They also are discussing having the playoffs held in warm area NEUTRAL locations as the most likely scenario for the season/playoffs.

was told that they were considering a start date between June 1- July 1, probably closer to the later depending on how long the 2nd ST is going to be. Per ESPN and Jeff Passan....

I'm very happy that it sounds like they are going to extend the regular season to get in a 100 plus games but the idea of playing the playoffs and WS in neutral warm weather sites kinda sucks IMO, the way YS rocking and rolling in the playoffs is a huge advantage for us
    It's nice in theory but this is still a very fluid situation that changes day to day. There are a lot of exigent circumstances as well including travel, hotels, whether you're going to play in front of crowds, etc. The virus will still be out there and traveling through it/having people exposed to groups of other people is still a risky situation. I get their hope but that's all it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

This thread is about the Chinese carina virus. Please stay on topic. Don't make me report you.