Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 326 of 627 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    None of that **** matters as long as Mush can get a hair cut/ get his car washed or Posada can go to the beach. When are you going to remember that?

I have 2 friends who are NYC hospital nurses and my cousin's husband is an ER doctor at Montefiore. They were swamped with COVID patients. Swamped. Some hospitals in the Bronx were taken dead bodies out in U-Haul trucks similar to Queens.

Only a moron downplays what was going on there.
    Iím not downplaying anything in NYC. But that is Cuomo and DeBlasio to complain about.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Ford shuts down Dearborn Truck Plant after worker tests positive for coronavirus

https://amp-freep-com.cdn.ampproject...F5229674002%2F

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-n...bXAAlb81CkrXOc

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    By summers end the virus will be long gone. Fck baseball season, Iím already over their greedy *****. Tan Tom is what Iím waiting for. Dude has already formulated practices at a local High School. Those idiots better let fans in. Iíve spent over $3000 and I want my seat for the games.

I think 2nd wave is just a scare tactic. They gotta say it for CYA crap. Iím NOT saying a wave wonít come, I just feel it wonít be as bad as the idiotic scientists are currently saying. And I only call them idiots not in a bad way just their forecasting. I respect all scientist and all of their hard work they do for the people. But their numbers so far are way off and not even in the ballpark.
    You are the absolute epitomy of selfishness, short-sightedness, and being completely out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yup, you got that right. That is Biden with with all of his issues.
    Lol more of the same. Deny and deflect.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    And New York City wasnít overwhelmed since they didnít even use most of the temporary hospitals that were put up . And they never came very close to running out of ventilators .
    [/QUOTE]

No, the ventilators were a no issue... they requested 400,000 and didnít use 400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 05-20-2020, 10:25 PM
    Reason
    Filter dodging/Response to a deleted post

8. 05-20-2020, 10:32 PM

Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Reason
    Filter dodging/Response to a deleted post

Lockdown Delays Cost at Least 36,000 Lives, Data Show

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/u....co/qdfMEdCNVu

I said it before and I'll say it again.. We waited too long.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-20-2020 at 11:40 PM.

How could 36k lives have been saved in a week when the US just hit 90k deaths after 3 months of the shut down ? The math just doesnít add up . Now if it said 36k less infections or 3600 less deaths then maybe it would make sense. And on top of this, these are the same experts who said hundreds of thousands would have been dead by now when the lock downs first started .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-21-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How could 36k lives have been saved in a week when the US just hit 90k deaths after 3 months of the shut down ? The math just doesnít add up . Now if it said 36k less infections or 3600 less deaths then maybe it would make sense. And on top of this, these are the same experts who said hundreds of thousands would have been dead by now when the lock downs first started .
    You miss the essential point. It wasn't deaths in a week. It was the spread that RESULTED in more deaths over time.

I am at a loss to explain how they calculate the estimate, but I understand the method.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-n...bXAAlb81CkrXOc

Horrible misinformation regarding this from that start. Early reports said it was difficult to spread that way. The virus is very weakened after even a minute on the surface. That's why gloves were not recommended.

The concern was touching the surface and then touching your face.
    Surface to person transmission was never a big risk

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You should check your facts.

NY requested around 30k, not 400k and they used a lot more than 400.

Of course the needed projections changed after stay at home orders were put in place.

NY wasn't the only state that requested more vents than needed.

You can't be this dense, can you?

Careful. He might report you

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You miss the essential point. It wasn't deaths in a week. It was the spread that RESULTED in more deaths over time.

I am at a loss to explain how they calculate the estimate, but I understand the method.
    I just donít understand how almost a monthís worth of deaths could have been prevented by closing down one week earlier . It just makes no sense . Either way I am always skeptical of anything the media says .

I just donít understand how almost a monthís worth of deaths could have been prevented by closing down one week earlier . It just makes no sense . Either way I am always skeptical of anything the media says .
    Virus would have spread more slowly. Fewer people would have contracted it. Fewer deaths.

If you start with 100 cases in week 1 and close down, you might have 500 cases hiding in people but you have created distance and it slows progression.
    If you wait till week 2 and you have those 500 cases that leave 2500 hiding.

Every time you wait for the base number to grow, the result of the multiplied equation grows significantly.
    The lower the base, the lower the product

Ignorance is bliss

Exponential spread. Clown's explanation nails it.

36k deaths would mean about a million people infected In a weekís time Since the death rate of the virus Is about 5% . So again those numbers make little sense . Seems to me that this study is just some ďexpertsĒ at one college throwing a few numbers around and saying its fact .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-21-2020 at 08:06 AM.