Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 320 of 627 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 9393
  1. #4786
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,850
    [QUOiTE=Kinkotheclown;33485279]Ok Mush, any state that inflates numbers is ****ed. Any state that lies about numbers is ****ed.
    There are deaths reported as covid that are not, that is ****ed. But there are tons that are not and that is more ****ed.
    The virus has different attack plans. Some people get more URTI signs and some get heart issues.

    Now, let's talk about cases that are reported that were not covid. If a person has diabetes and dies from complications of diabetes while they are fighting covid, do you consider that death to be caused by covid?
    I do. The body's effort to fight the virus took away it's ability to deal with the preexisting condition.
    Many of the "inflated numbers" have to do with that type of situation. Someone who dies from the underlying disease they had but who were infected.
    Did they die from the disease? No.
    Did the disease weaken the body to the point it couldn't fight both things? Yes.

    I think reporting that as a death by covid to be less egregious and more accurate, than hiding numbers.

    Mush, please think. The reason we are doing ok with this and the reason the curve flattened was because the governors took action and followed what Italy and other countries did. We locked down. That is the only reason we are remotely ok.

    Here is a another direct question. If the hospitals were over run and a kid had an anaphylactic shock reaction and went to the hospital but had to wait too long to be seen and died because the place was over rune with covid patients and had no drs to help, would you consider that a covid related death?
    I would.
    Thankfully it hasn't gotten to that point but it still could. Until it dies out, which it could or we get immunity which could take years, it could still happen.[/QUOTE]

    Clown, what % of the US Population has or had the Covid-19?

    What % of the World Population has or had Covid 19?

    Also, Hospitals were never overwhelmed besides NewYork City....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-20-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  2. #4787
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah and Who rewriteS the tax code? The senators and congressmen. The same ones who are funded and controlled by the ones who would be hurt the most by the rewritten code
    As I said, "neither the R's or D's" have the balls.

    Years ago Steve Forbes, of all people, pushed a flat tax plan during a failed attempt at a presidential bid. It was received well but died a slow death. People in the House and Senate debated the issue, of course it came down to R's vs D's on the flat tax percentages.

  3. 05-20-2020, 09:05 AM

  4. #4788
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    [QUOiTE=Kinkotheclown;33485279]Ok Mush, any state that inflates numbers is ****ed. Any state that lies about numbers is ****ed.
    There are deaths reported as covid that are not, that is ****ed. But there are tons that are not and that is more ****ed.
    The virus has different attack plans. Some people get more URTI signs and some get heart issues.

    Now, let's talk about cases that are reported that were not covid. If a person has diabetes and dies from complications of diabetes while they are fighting covid, do you consider that death to be caused by covid?
    I do. The body's effort to fight the virus took away it's ability to deal with the preexisting condition.
    Many of the "inflated numbers" have to do with that type of situation. Someone who dies from the underlying disease they had but who were infected.
    Did they die from the disease? No.
    Did the disease weaken the body to the point it couldn't fight both things? Yes.

    I think reporting that as a death by covid to be less egregious and more accurate, than hiding numbers.

    Mush, please think. The reason we are doing ok with this and the reason the curve flattened was because the governors took action and followed what Italy and other countries did. We locked down. That is the only reason we are remotely ok.

    Here is a another direct question. If the hospitals were over run and a kid had an anaphylactic shock reaction and went to the hospital but had to wait too long to be seen and died because the place was over rune with covid patients and had no drs to help, would you consider that a covid related death?
    I would.
    Thankfully it hasn't gotten to that point but it still could. Until it dies out, which it could or we get immunity which could take years, it could still happen.
    Clown, what % of the US Population has or had the Covid-19?

    What % of the World Population has or had Covid 19?

    Also, Hospitals were never overwhelmed besides NewYork City....[/QUOTE]

    And New York City wasnít overwhelmed since they didnít even use most of the temporary hospitals that were put up . And they never came very close to running out of ventilators .

  5. #4789
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

    Clown, what % of the US Population has or had the Covid-19?

    What % of the World Population has or had Covid 19?

    Also, Hospitals were never overwhelmed besides NewYork City....
    Without testing there are no cases, right? We have no clue what the actual numbers are, particularly world wide.

  6. #4790
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    As I said, "neither the R's or D's" have the balls.

    Years ago Steve Forbes, of all people, pushed a flat tax plan during a failed attempt at a presidential bid. It was received well but died a slow death. People in the House and Senate debated the issue, of course it came down to R's vs D's on the flat tax percentages.
    Well if neither the Dems or Republicans have the balls to change the tax code then calling on everyone to pay higher taxes is not the right thing to do .

  7. #4791
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post

    And New York City wasnít overwhelmed since they didnít even use most of the temporary hospitals that were put up . And they never came very close to running out of ventilators .
    Not a bad thing. We should be thankful, people took the threat very seriously, abide by the governors plea for social distancing, hand washing, masks ect. The initial projections suggested much higher numbers.

  8. #4792
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Without testing there are no cases, right? We have no clue what the actual numbers are, particularly world wide.
    The virus has been here for atleast 3 months . Testing for it now wonít do much good anymore . The only thing it would do is inflate the numbers and give the government an excuse to keep us in our homes for a much Longer time . The only test that would do any good now is an effective antibody test

  9. #4793
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Not a bad thing. We should be thankful, people took the threat very seriously, abide by the governors plea for social distancing, hand washing, masks ect. The initial projections suggested much higher numbers.
    Or maybe just maybe the virus is not as bad as the media and so called experts made it out to be .

  10. #4794
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well if neither the Dems or Republicans have the balls to change the tax code then calling on everyone to pay higher taxes is not the right thing to do .
    Really? Is that what I said? Or is that what you care to hear. I said a more equitable system, one in which some pay their fair share and others may pay less.

    Interesting Trump managed to push his tax bill thru when it favored corporate interests and high income earners. hmmmm

  11. #4795
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Or maybe just maybe the virus is not as bad as the media and so called experts made it out to be .
    Well we disagree, I trust science you trust Trump propaganda. I trust the data, you trust Trump gut.

  12. #4796
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,850
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Do you even read what you write, or is it a stream of consciousness from mind to fingers to pixels?

    NO ONE on this board has politicized this event more than you. You are constantly drawing up sides and pitting one against the other. Good guys and bad guys.

    I admit, I am guilty as well for my attacks on the orange dotard. However I don't ***** and moan about the politicization!
    Dr, Iím not really saying the forum on here. Iím talking about the entire US, Govís, Trump, mayors, ect.....

    After that gets played on the News Shows then people pick sides or whoever sides they were on start chiming in and the divide gets even larger.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #4797
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Well we disagree, I trust science you trust Trump propaganda. I trust the data, you trust Trump gut.
    I trust the numbers enough to know that 1) they are being overinflated Or exaggerated in some cases to make things look worse than they are . For example , why does the media focus more on the deaths than those who recovered when many more have recovered than died ? And 2) the so called scientists and experts you trust so much all work for the government , and whose predictions havenít been much more accurate than trump . And 3) I trust no one that works for the government , and that includes most of the top scientists and ď expertsĒ you speak about .

  14. #4798
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,056
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, Iím not really saying the forum on here. Iím talking about the entire US, Govís, Trump, mayors, ect.....

    After that gets played on the News Shows then people pick sides or whoever sides they were on start chiming in and the divide gets even larger.
    How can one say that the virus hasnít been politicalized in this board when this thread is titled ďcoronavirus politics and newsĒ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-20-2020 at 09:30 AM.

  15. #4799
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Raise capital gains taxes 5% on hedge funds for a couple years?

    Increase all of our taxes a little bit this year and use them properly?
    Remember, you said we are all in this together, so that should mean, you'd be willing to pay a little more to help out another human.
    Increase jobs helping the infrastructure, both technological and groundwork
    I have no problem helping US Citizens, but have a problem paying for services for people who are here illegally.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  16. #4800
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,850
    Watching THE OFFICE with the Michael years, freaking hilarious.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •