Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 319 of 627 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So John Glennís wife just passed away. They said she died because of Covid-19

Her age?

100!

Give me a break. 100 years old and they said the virus ended her life..

100 year old.

This is what I mean, the opposition is politicizing this in every which way they can.

Yup, she had another 20-30 years of life ruined by Covid-19.

Iím not saying what had happened was not sad as it is, but my point is she was 100.....

Didnít old age take her as well?

My dad died at 55. This women lived to be 100, a full life and then some.
    So what is your point Nick? Some are expendable while others are not! Yes 100 is a long life. My guess she led a healthy life and had good genetics. No life is expendable. Black, white, brown, old, young, male, female. If an unborn life is precious and should be saved doesn't a 100 yr old woman deserve the same?

k
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-20-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hell, on our forum alone we only had 1 person who said they had the Creepy Crud. What % is that?

Pretty low folks. Iím starting to think this virus is not as bad as it is made out to be.
    Ok Mush, any state that inflates numbers is ****ed. Any state that lies about numbers is ****ed.
    There are deaths reported as covid that are not, that is ****ed. But there are tons that are not and that is more ****ed.
    The virus has different attack plans. Some people get more URTI signs and some get heart issues.

Now, let's talk about cases that are reported that were not covid. If a person has diabetes and dies from complications of diabetes while they are fighting covid, do you consider that death to be caused by covid?
    I do. The body's effort to fight the virus took away it's ability to deal with the preexisting condition.
    Many of the "inflated numbers" have to do with that type of situation. Someone who dies from the underlying disease they had but who were infected.
    Did they die from the disease? No.
    Did the disease weaken the body to the point it couldn't fight both things? Yes.

I think reporting that as a death by covid to be less egregious and more accurate, than hiding numbers.

Mush, please think. The reason we are doing ok with this and the reason the curve flattened was because the governors took action and followed what Italy and other countries did. We locked down. That is the only reason we are remotely ok.

Here is a another direct question. If the hospitals were over run and a kid had an anaphylactic shock reaction and went to the hospital but had to wait too long to be seen and died because the place was over rune with covid patients and had no drs to help, would you consider that a covid related death?
    I would.
    Thankfully it hasn't gotten to that point but it still could. Until it dies out, which it could or we get immunity which could take years, it could still happen.

Ignorance is bliss

The virus has become too political.

When I hear the slogan, WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER, I just say BULLSPIT!

The real slogan is, WE HAVE PICKED SIDES.......
    Do you even read what you write, or is it a stream of consciousness from mind to fingers to pixels?

NO ONE on this board has politicized this event more than you. You are constantly drawing up sides and pitting one against the other. Good guys and bad guys.

I admit, I am guilty as well for my attacks on the orange dotard. However I don't ***** and moan about the politicization!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Pelosi and her $3 trillion package?

How do you fund that Nancy?
    Raise capital gains taxes 5% on hedge funds for a couple years?

Increase all of our taxes a little bit this year and use them properly?
    Remember, you said we are all in this together, so that should mean, you'd be willing to pay a little more to help out another human.
    Increase jobs helping the infrastructure, both technological and groundwork

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Raise capital gains taxes 5% on hedge funds for a couple years?

Increase all of our taxes a little bit this year and use them properly?
    Remember, you said we are all in this together, so that should mean, you'd be willing to pay a little more to help out another human.
    Increase jobs helping the infrastructure, both technological and groundwork

Raising taxes and using them properly are an oxymoron . And how do you expect everyone to ďstep upĒ and pay higher taxes when you got 1/5 of the population with little to no taxable income to help pay for the trillions that you have no problem printing out? Donít forget the unemployment rate is close to 20% right now . And will go higher over the next several months if the economy doesnít get restarted big time .
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-20-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Raising taxes and using them properly are an oxymoron . And how do you expect everyone to ďstep upĒ and pay higher taxes when you got 1/5 of the population with little to no taxable income to help pay for the trillions that you have no problem printing out? Donít forget the unemployment rate is close to 20% right now . And will go higher over the next several months if the economy doesnít get restarted big time .
    Instead of placing the burden on the working class, maybe, just maybe the vast majority, that have essentially paid ZERO income tax, might consider paying up? Getting large multi nationals corps and billionaires to pay a fair share could in itself generate $2T.

How about insisting the fossil fuel industry pay for their pollution and eliminating federal fossil fuel subsidies.

Just a start.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Instead of placing the burden on the working class, maybe, just maybe the vast majority, that have essentially paid ZERO income tax, might consider paying up? Getting large multi nationals corps and billionaires to pay a fair share could in itself generate $2T.

How about insisting the fossil fuel industry pay for their pollution and eliminating federal fossil fuel subsidies.

Just a start.
    Oh I agree with that but unfortunately those are the same people who control BOTH sides of the government . Got better chances of squeezing water out of a rock than getting all of the rich to pay higher taxes .

The same way we fund the $2.3 TRILLION (over next 8 years) tax cut trump gave to his corporate buddies!

BTW did any of that trickle down yet?
    Why are you for taxing?

Tax and spend never works either Dr.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Hell, on our forum alone we only had 1 person who said they had the Creepy Crud. What % is that?

Pretty low folks. Iím starting to think this virus is not as bad as it is made out to be.
    The virus isnít as bad as it is being made out to be , the only reason why itís worse than the flu is how easy it is to transmit . I mean for example. , yes there are about 45k cases of the virus here in Florida but only about 9000 of those cases required hospitalization .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Oh I agree with that but unfortunately those are the same people who control BOTH sides of the government . Got better chances of squeezing water out of a rock than getting all of the rich to pay higher taxes .
    Rewrite the tax code! Neither D's nor R's have the balls to alienate their donors! (except Bernie). Simply eliminating the myriad of loopholes would generate huge revenue. Flat tax proposals in the past have gained little traction, but clearly are a step toward a more equitable system.

So what is your point Nick? Some are expendable while others are not! Yes 100 is a long life. My guess she led a healthy life and had good genetics. No life is expendable. Black, white, brown, old, young, male, female. If an unborn life is precious and should be saved doesn't a 100 yr old woman deserve the same?

You are missing the point Dr.

The headline really focused just on COVID-19 and the 100 years old was basically in small print.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Why are you for taxing?

Tax and spend never works either Dr.
    No Nick I am for a more EQUITABLE tax system, one in which corporate billionaires pay a fair and reasonable number, one that amounts to more than ZERO.

Rewrite the tax code! Neither D's nor R's have the balls to alienate their donors! (except Bernie). Simply eliminating the myriad of loopholes would generate huge revenue. Flat tax proposals in the past have gained little traction, but clearly are a step toward a more equitable system.
    Yeah and Who rewriteS the tax code? The senators and congressmen. The same ones who are funded and controlled by the ones who would be hurt the most by the rewritten code

You are missing the point Dr.

The headline really focused just on COVID-19 and the 100 years old was basically in small print.
    Am I? Not from my perspective. You clearly made it seem as if shes old and going to die soon why record the case as Covid?