Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 312 of 627 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I know math is hard for some. But, Florida's cases have not been dropping everyday.

In fact two days ago they had 653 cases and yesterday they had 777 cases.

Idk seems to me 777 is higher than 653.

But yeah, math is hard.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Precisely. They have been averaging 700 +- new cases a day. The spike was the 777 over the previous days total of 650.

I'm sorry I don't adhere to the Trump / DeSantis philosophy, "if we don't test, we don't have infection." You can deny and ignore, the virus is relentless, it doesn't "miraculously" disappear. Wishful, magical thinking of a child, when you wish the world into an order you prefer.

Sell the Team, HAL!

I know math is hard for some. But, Florida's cases have not been dropping everyday.

In fact two days ago they had 653 cases and yesterday they had 777 cases.

Idk seems to me 777 is higher than 653.

But yeah, math is hard.

Idk man. Reading is also hard. Looks to me like it's going up and down.

Also, not like there aren't a ton of reports out there showing Florida's governer isn't trying to hide how many covid cases and deaths are happening.

Looks like it may have peaked but to say it's gone down everyday is laughable and just shows how uninformed some are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...cases.amp.html

You know what else is hard?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Georgia governor putting data regarding covid cases out of order to make it appear it was on a steep decline.
    Now apologizing for "the confusion". They are still not reporting all cases.

Florida is doing the same. They are not reporting all data and they are still having many new cases.

Texas had 1800 new cases yesterday.

China warning second wave will be bad. Hopefully we listen this time.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Georgia governor putting data regarding covid cases out of order to make it appear it was on a steep decline.
    Now apologizing for "the confusion". They are still not reporting all cases.

Florida is doing the same. They are not reporting all data and they are still having many new cases.

Texas had 1800 new cases yesterday.

China warning second wave will be bad. Hopefully we listen this time.
    Why would China say the 2nd wave will be bad? They haven't had a single new case in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Precisely. They have been averaging 700 +- new cases a day. The spike was the 777 over the previous days total of 650.

I'm sorry I don't adhere to the Trump / DeSantis philosophy, "if we don't test, we don't have infection." You can deny and ignore, the virus is relentless, it doesn't "miraculously" disappear. Wishful, magical thinking of a child, when you wish the world into an order you prefer.
    Georgia governor has been playing with the numbers and putting dates out of order to show a decline in the cases.
    THey've also hidden many of May's numbers.
    He did apologize. Poor him.

I would not be shocked if Florida was doing the same. I think we are going to get lies about the virus.I think those lies will kill people.

I get it, we do need to start re-opening. It has to happen but businesses and people need to be heavily fined for not keeping appropriate distance from others or not earring a mask when they can't.

We effectively have expanded our quarantine "pod". My sister and her family were over yesterday and she actually went to the bathroom in our house and let her kids inside. It's a huge step for her.

I wish people understood now, possibly more than ever in history, the massive affect their actions have on others.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why would China say the 2nd wave will be bad? They haven't had a single new case in a month.
    Because we don't know for sure how our immunity will work for this. Right now, most of us have not had it, so we are all susceptible. We don't actually know if those that had it and got better, will have immunity.

Ignorance is bliss

Because we don't know for sure how our immunity will work for this. Right now, most of us have not had it, so we are all susceptible. We don't actually know if those that had it and got better, will have immunity.
    I wasn't serious. Just mocking their lack of updates. Makes it look like they're all good.

9. See also for more info:

Moderna’s Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Shows ‘Positive’ Data: All 45 People Producing Antibodies
    By Berkeley Lovelace Jr. | CNBC • Published May 18, 2020 • Updated 2 hr ago

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...trial/2421447/

Sell the Team, HAL!

11. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I wasn't serious. Just mocking their lack of updates. Makes it look like they're all good.
    Lol. Well played

What is unique about their approach is the use of genetic material called messenger RNA, or mRNA, that was produced in a lab. No live virus per se is used. The mRNA is a genetic code that tells cells what to build — in this case, an antigen that may induce an immune response to the virus. Essentially a genetically engineered antigen.

They inject the mRNA into human cells. The cell’s machinery uses the instructions to make virus antigens that the immune system reacts to. Cells respond to the instructions as a normal part of their daily existence. This is the same trait infectious viruses exploit; they cannot reproduce on their own, so they use a cell’s machinery to make copies of themselves. They burst out of the cell and infect more cells, widening the infection.

https://www..com/article/genetic-eng...r-than-years1/
    If it works, it will change the landscape of vaccines forever. We will be able to create and produce them much faster.

Ignorance is bliss

If it works, it will change the landscape of vaccines forever. We will be able to create and produce them much faster.
    Yep, a huge advantage if proven effective. Still early, but encouraging results.

Sell the Team, HAL!

What is unique about their approach is the use of genetic material called messenger RNA, or mRNA, that was produced in a lab. No live virus per se is used. The mRNA is a genetic code that tells cells what to build — in this case, an antigen that may induce an immune response to the virus. Essentially a genetically engineered antigen.

They inject the mRNA into human cells. The cell’s machinery uses the instructions to make virus antigens that the immune system reacts to. Cells respond to the instructions as a normal part of their daily existence. This is the same trait infectious viruses exploit; they cannot reproduce on their own, so they use a cell’s machinery to make copies of themselves. They burst out of the cell and infect more cells, widening the infection.

https://www..com/article/genetic-eng...r-than-years1/
    It is absolutely wild that scientists/docs know how to do this type of stuff. It's not even something that would remotely cross my mind. Well above my pay grade.