Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 309 of 627 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 9393
  1. #4621
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,109
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    People talking about opening up and having been open all this time as if people were going to be doing this business as usual anyway. Some businesses would have lost more money operating under Covid as they would be paying for utilities and other costs while no one utilized their services while cases rose.
    You're right. Some businesses might see a crazy amount of customers though. Common sense is not so common. Maybe its just the initial rush of being able to go back to bars and restaurants and that will cool off but who knows? With the summer coming, you know people want to be outside having fun. Not sitting at home hoping for a virus to pass.

    I get it though. Businesses lost a lot of money during this time. Its easy to say from a distance "limit your customers" but the greater good should be obvious here.

  2. #4622
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well here in Florida bars and business are only allowed to be open up to 25 to 50% capacity so there are restrictions still being put on businesses , atleast here in Florida .
    Lets hope its being enforced (i doubt it will be) and it should be that way across the country.

  3. #4623
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,098
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Posada and RR appearing at the same time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Just need to open the beaches already here in south Florida . Good to see a governor not paralyzed or power hungry enough by this virus to actually care about the long term future of his people
    They both also happen to reside in Florida. Crazy!

  4. #4624
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Just need to open the beaches already here in south Florida . Good to see a governor not paralyzed or power hungry enough by this virus to actually care about the long term future of his people
    Talk about hilariously misguided.

  5. #4625
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,109
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...of2&yptr=yahoo

    At least someone gets it that consumer demand is the only thing that will help the economy through this. Hard to do that with so many businesses that will lack customers and 36 million people out of work.

  6. #4626
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,846
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Lets hope its being enforced (i doubt it will be) and it should be that way across the country.
    I would have waited u til June 1 but I’m ok with it as well as long as you are cautious and not irresponsible towards others.

    Now the old people over 60 should stay at home until a vaccine.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #4627
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Just need to open the beaches already here in south Florida . Good to see a governor not paralyzed or power hungry enough by this virus to actually care about the long term future of his people
    LOL That's a joke right?

    Last to close first to open. Check what's happening in Palm Beach County and elsewhere in the state.

  8. #4628
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,692
    777 new cases of coronavirus announced hours before Florida enters ‘full phase one’
    The Florida Department of Health announced new cases Saturday afternoon

    ORLANDO, Fla. – Hours before Florida enters its ‘full phase one’ of reopening, The Florida Department of Health announced new positive coronavirus cases across the state.

    Thomas Metevia, Digital Content Producer, Orlando

    Published: May 17, 2020, 11:46 am

    As of Saturday, the FDOH reported a total of 45,588 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the respiratory illness was first detected in the state on March

    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ull-phase-one/

  9. #4629
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,014
    777 new cases out of a population of over 20 mill should not be reason reinstate the closures

  10. #4630
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    777 new cases out of a population of over 20 mill should not be reason reinstate the closures
    You're right. Closures aren't enough. What we need to do is physically separate Florida from Georgia and Alabama and let it float away into the Atlantic or Gulf of Mehico.

  11. #4631
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    777 new cases out of a population of over 20 mill should not be reason reinstate the closures
    Good to see a governor not paralyzed or power hungry enough by this virus to actually care about the long term future of his people. Yep, good to see a governor who clearly puts people before profit.

    Who exactly of the 777 diagnosed yesterday are expendable ? Asking for a friend with aging parents.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-17-2020 at 08:37 PM.

  12. #4632
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,098
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good to see a governor not paralyzed or power hungry enough by this virus to actually care about the long term future of his people. Yep, good to see a governor who clearly puts people before profit.

    Who exactly of the 777 who died yesterday are expendable ? Asking for a friend with aging parents.
    The 88th one. He was destined to be Hitler 2.0. Good riddance.

  13. #4633
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,109
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    777 new cases of coronavirus announced hours before Florida enters ‘full phase one’
    The Florida Department of Health announced new cases Saturday afternoon

    ORLANDO, Fla. – Hours before Florida enters its ‘full phase one’ of reopening, The Florida Department of Health announced new positive coronavirus cases across the state.

    Thomas Metevia, Digital Content Producer, Orlando

    Published: May 17, 2020, 11:46 am

    As of Saturday, the FDOH reported a total of 45,588 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the respiratory illness was first detected in the state on March

    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ull-phase-one/
    Too bad no one said that there would be a rise in cases when things began reopening.

    Oh wait.

  14. #4634
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,014
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good to see a governor not paralyzed or power hungry enough by this virus to actually care about the long term future of his people. Yep, good to see a governor who clearly puts people before profit.

    Who exactly of the 777 who died yesterday are expendable ? Asking for a friend with aging parents.

    Again in a state with over 20 million people , 777 positive cases of the virus should not be enough to Cause another statewide shutdown . You forget most of those cases likely don’t require hospitalizations

  15. #4635
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,534
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The 88th one. He was destined to be Hitler 2.0. Good riddance.
    Dodged a bullet there!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •