Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 306 of 627 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 9393
  1. #4576
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,202
    Back to the topic, so Trump has his staff and all those around him tested daily.
    That means, he knows what truly needs to be done. He knows how to protect himself and therefore is aware how to protect us.
    But he isn't doing it and he's lying about it.

    He is putting himself first and foremost and giving the finger to every other American.
    He is doing the right thing for himself, bragging about it but not doing anything g to give us the same security.
    He is essentially saying, "I know how to keep safe and I am doing it where I work but you don't get the same treatment. You go back to work and deal with the consequences You will be fine"



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #4577
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,995
    ^^He also has the secret service doing contact tracing on those that tested positive!

    In this case what is good for the orange goose is good for the gander.

  3. #4578
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree with Doc, the best I've had was a stew at a Jamaican spot down around 14th and 7th, many years ago. I I have also seen it braised, which isn't much different than a stew and the one I'd love to try is southern style with gravy.
    Jamaican cuisine is outstanding. However, the oxtail dishes I have enjoyed the most have been at Dominican restaurants.

  4. #4579
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,995
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Jamaican cuisine is outstanding. However, the oxtail dishes I have enjoyed the most have been at Dominican restaurants.
    Another excellent choice. I don't recall the name but there is a spicey Dominican oxtail stew that is very good.

  5. #4580
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,757
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Another excellent choice. I don't recall the name but there is a spicey Dominican oxtail stew that is very good.
    So the President has fired four attorney general's in a month. If Oboma had done that...... drain the swamp but fire anyone whose job is to investigate possible fraud.... anyway, today I did the laundry and have to buy pet food and pick up some prescriptions. Even though I telework I don't want to work tomorrow. But I will read a book this afternoon.

  6. #4581
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,995
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    So the President has fired four attorney general's in a month. If Oboma had done that...... drain the swamp but fire anyone whose job is to investigate possible fraud.... anyway, today I did the laundry and have to buy pet food and pick up some prescriptions. Even though I telework I don't want to work tomorrow. But I will read a book this afternoon.
    Couldn't have said it any better:

    Senator Mitt Romney@SenatorRomney

    The firings of multiple Inspectors General is unprecedented; doing so without good cause chills the independence essential to their purpose. It is a threat to accountable democracy and a fissure in the constitutional balance of power.

  7. #4582
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,995
    Approaching 100K deaths in the US and the bright one Eric Trump accuses Democrats of manufacturing Coronavirus shut downs to prevent Trump from holding rallies. He goes on to claim after Election Day, “Coronavirus will magically disappear” like it’s a hoax. Twitter

    One has to wonder is this level of oblivious awareness genetic?

    Consider:
    Shortly before the CDC visit, Trump said “within a couple of days, [infections are] going to be down to close to zero”. The US then had 15 cases. “One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” A few days afterwards, he claimed: “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.” That afternoon at the CDC provides an X-ray into Trump’s mind at the halfway point between denial and acceptance.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-17-2020 at 11:39 AM.

  8. #4583
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Our Wholefoods has duck breasts and duck legs. I love duck and the part that makes duck so awesome is besides being delicious, if you get the legs, they render so much fat and you just drain it into a bowl and save it. Potatoes and vegetables roasted in a good amount of duck fat, is insanely good. I have a great recipe for the potatoes, if you or anyone else are ever interested.

    Picanha is a Brazilian cut. If you go to a Brazilian steak house, it's the most famous skewer they bring around fo you. It's basically the arse/hip area but they leave the fat cap on it. That fact cooks off into the meat. It's like butter.
    I often cut the large steak into little fillets. I do a couple with just salt and it is amazing just like that but for some variety, I also salt and garlic powder the others. Tons of garlic powder. When the salt and garlic melt into the crispy fat cap....
    Lord have mercy.
    I need to learn how to cook. So much stuff that sounds delicious that I've never tried. Mac and cheese, spaghetti, and sandwiches are about the extent of my food making skills.

  9. #4584
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,185
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Don't know what picanha is either but duck is awesome as long as it's cooked properly.
    I'll have to try it. Either convince the wife to (she likely won't want it) or just get it myself and attempt to cook it on my own lol.

  10. #4585
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,401
    An Ohio bar the day the stay at home orders were lifted and bars were allowed to reopen.

    Zero social distancing being done. It's ****ing **** like that will make a second wave come and then be forced to close everything back down again, then they'll all complain. Rinse and repeat.

    Morons.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  11. #4586
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,185
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    An Ohio bar the day the stay at home orders were lifted and bars were allowed to reopen.

    Zero social distancing being done. It's ****ing **** like that will make a second wave come and then be forced to close everything back down again, then they'll all complain. Rinse and repeat.

    Morons.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I went out last Saturday to get flowers for mothers day. Drove by a Marshall's store that opened that day for the first time in almost 2 months. No joke there were easily 50 people outside waiting to get in, at a fkn Marshall's lol.
    At least they were waiting bc the store was only allowing X amount in at a time though.

  12. #4587
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,995
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I need to learn how to cook. So much stuff that sounds delicious that I've never tried. Mac and cheese, spaghetti, and sandwiches are about the extent of my food making skills.
    If you enjoy food it might be worth taking an adult ed course on the basics. I was fortunate as a youngster I watched my mother and grandmother, both exceptional cooks. I learned thru experience over the years. Trying recipes ect. Experiment. Look at cookbooks for ideas.

    My brother took it to the next level went to Johnson and Wales, has owned multiple restaurants in the NYC metro area. We are constantly talking food or eating! LOL I have gone well past the quarantine 15!!
    My son, the smart azz, has been calling me "GoodYear".

  13. #4588
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,185
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    If you enjoy food it might be worth taking an adult ed course on the basics. I was fortunate as a youngster I watched my mother and grandmother, both exceptional cooks. I learned thru experience over the years. Trying recipes ect. Experiment. Look at cookbooks for ideas.

    My brother took it to the next level went to Johnson and Wales, has owned multiple restaurants in the NYC metro area. We are constantly talking food or eating! LOL I have gone well past the quarantine 15!!
    My son, the smart azz, has been calling me "GoodYear".
    Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Finding the time to do it would be the hardest part. Not a ton of free time when I'm not working since we have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 7 month old.

    For lunch I just had 2 tuna fish sandwiches, a plate of nachos and cheese, a meat/cheese stick and 4 reeses cups. It was delicious and took zero skill to make lol. Quarantine 15 won't happen to me. Doesn't matter what I eat or how much. I'm 6' and 155 lbs, I've never weighed over 160. I could eat fast food 3x a day for a week straight and I'd stay the same. I'm sure it won't stay that way forever though haha.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 05-17-2020 at 01:32 PM.

  14. #4589
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,757
    Food is awesome. Grew up in a home where my dad cooked Puerto Rican and German dishes. My mom who was a New Englander made some interesting contributions and then living in NYC we ate local at Italian, Korean, Jamaican, Guyanese, Dominican, spots. Then I married a Greek Puerto Rican and more food. And Southern food. And may I say Mac and cheese sucks.

  15. #4590
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,757
    Cuisine vacations, how about a trip thru South America from Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Guyana, Colombia, then to Mexico, then finished in Jamaica, Trinidiad, and Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico has insanely great food. Creole Puerto Rican food is awesome and now the fusion of Asian, Italian, and Iberian dishes is an other level of good. Best Chinese food, pizza, and steaks I have ever had was in San Juan. The best arroz con pollo, paella and sea food also. Then lose weight from that trip and do it in Europe. Greece, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, France, all got great food. German food is an underrated cuisine. I have to win power ball or mega. Btw Canada has awesome food. A short vacation in Ontario and Quebec is reasonable and offers great food and scenery.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 05-17-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •