Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 305 of 627 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 9393
    Major League Baseball has provided the MLBPA with a 67-page document with proposed protocols for returning to play, per The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich. The document covers testing, gameplay conditions, spring training rules, intake processes, and more, an outline of which is laid out by Rosenthal and Drellich in their piece.

The “operations manual” is an important step in launching a 2020 baseball season. Obviously, the Players’ Union still must approve, the logistics for medical and auxiliary staff must be handled, facilities must be prepared, and there remains any number of blockades that might derail a return to play. Still, it appears as if Major League Baseball has done the legwork to answer many of the operational questions facing the league’s return to action.

A central topic covered in these pages appears to be continued social distancing for players. It certainly makes for an interesting “team” experience, with communal dining and any socializing beyond family members discouraged (but not, it seems, disallowed). Masks may be utilized everywhere except on the field, and players will do their best to maintain 6 feet of distance even in the dugouts, which the article explains, could extend into the stands, should the extra space be necessary. Players have begun to display their personalities with expressive shows of emotion and team celebrations more and more so in recent years (“let the kids play”), and it will certainly be interesting to see how players can continue to be themselves and form team bonds/personalities in such a restrictive social environment. MLBTR

Also see: https://theathletic.com/1818308/2020...page-document/

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I’m still trying to figure out how an OLD WHITE guy is once again the Democratic Nominee. Why is that?
    It’s because they are the party of diversity and inclusion... yet their last to choices were 2 old crazy white guy millionaires that never had real jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Good for you! That sounds like a day.
    I'm making duck legs for lunch and Picanha for dinner.

There will be booze.
    Never heard of picanha before. Upon googling it, it looks tasty.
    Never had duck. Would definitely try it though.

You know what would be delicious that dish the Brazilians, and Galiceans and Portuguese make, that black bean stew with meat. Yummy that would be good tomorrow.

Good for you! That sounds like a day.
    I'm making duck legs for lunch and Picanha for dinner.

There will be booze.
    We had Filet Mignon, sautéed asparagus and baked sweet potato. My adult beverage was Captain and Coke. We also watched Back to the Future Part 2 on Netflix and now I’m about to watch Game 1 of the 1980 ALCS. Yankees vs Royals. I never saw that game. I need to know why we were swept.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    You know what would be delicious that dish the Brazilians, and Galiceans and Portuguese make, that black bean stew with meat. Yummy that would be good tomorrow.
    I think you might mean Feijoado?
    My wife is Brazilian. When we see her parents, her mom always makes it. It's awesome.

If you like fish, check out moqueca. It's another super tasty dish.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Our Wholefoods has duck breasts and duck legs. I love duck and the part that makes duck so awesome is besides being delicious, if you get the legs, they render so much fat and you just drain it into a bowl and save it. Potatoes and vegetables roasted in a good amount of duck fat, is insanely good. I have a great recipe for the potatoes, if you or anyone else are ever interested.

Picanha is a Brazilian cut. If you go to a Brazilian steak house, it's the most famous skewer they bring around fo you. It's basically the arse/hip area but they leave the fat cap on it. That fact cooks off into the meat. It's like butter.
    I often cut the large steak into little fillets. I do a couple with just salt and it is amazing just like that but for some variety, I also salt and garlic powder the others. Tons of garlic powder. When the salt and garlic melt into the crispy fat cap....
    Lord have mercy.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We had Filet Mignon, sautéed asparagus and baked sweet potato. My adult beverage was Captain and Coke. We also watched Back to the Future Part 2 on Netflix and now I’m about to watch Game 1 of the 1980 ALCS. Yankees vs Royals. I never saw that game. I need to know why we were swept.
    Sounds amazing.
    I had rum last night but I drink it neat.

Our negators have a projector for their laptop and my wife bough a portable screen that is 153 inches. We all went to their backyard, sat 6 feet apart and watched "The Burbs". It was really fun. The picture was incredible.

Ignorance is bliss

Our Wholefoods has duck breasts and duck legs. I love duck and the part that makes duck so awesome is besides being delicious, if you get the legs, they render so much fat and you just drain it into a bowl and save it. Potatoes and vegetables roasted in a good amount of duck fat, is insanely good. I have a great recipe for the potatoes, if you or anyone else are ever interested.

Picanha is a Brazilian cut. If you go to a Brazilian steak house, it's the most famous skewer they bring around fo you. It's basically the arse/hip area but they leave the fat cap on it. That fact cooks off into the meat. It's like butter.
    I often cut the large steak into little fillets. I do a couple with just salt and it is amazing just like that but for some variety, I also salt and garlic powder the others. Tons of garlic powder. When the salt and garlic melt into the crispy fat cap....
    Lord have mercy.
    Stop! You are making my mouth water! Not much good "ethnic" food down here. (AC has some very good spots, but not as authentic)

If you are ever in the Newark NJ vicinity, some of the best Portuguese and now Brazilian Churrasqueira on the planet. It's called the iron bound section. (Ferry st. is the main ave) Once exclusively Portuguese, lately more Brazilian culinary influence. The best, and some of the most authentic rodizio.

ps. Post the duck fat roasted potato recipe, please.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-17-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Beans are great, in soups, stews, salads, and with rice. As a kid I did not eat it but as a teen and young adult I began to enjoy it. Now as an adult I love it. My Puerto Rican grandfather made his German wife Rice and beans with steak and pork and chicken and that became among her favorite meals. Then when my dad meet my mom that became her favorite thing. Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. My dad grew up in a household which was of Iberian/West African descent culturally ( Puerto Rican ) and German so that sounds very Brazilian. The duck dishes sound like things Germans make.

Today for dinner I have some fresh ox tail. Any recipes anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

Don't know what picanha is either but duck is awesome as long as it's cooked properly.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

No specific recipe to offer, however the Jamaican's make a kick azz ox tail stew, might be worth a search. The most full bodied and flavor intense I can recall.

All I can offer based on past experience, cook it low and slow. If you have a pressure cooker works as well.

I agree with Doc, the best I've had was a stew at a Jamaican spot down around 14th and 7th, many years ago. I I have also seen it braised, which isn't much different than a stew and the one I'd love to try is southern style with gravy.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Stop! You are making my mouth water! Not much good "ethnic" food down here. (AC has some very good spots, but not as authentic)

If you are ever in the Newark NJ vicinity, some of the best Portuguese and now Brazilian Churrasqueira on the planet. It's called the iron bound section. (Ferry st. is the main ave) Once exclusively Portuguese, lately more Brazilian culinary influence. The best, and some of the most authentic rodizio.

ps. Post the duck fat roasted potato recipe, please.
    Super easy. You can all adjust as you like but if IU'm using duck fat, I AM USING DUCK FAT!!

I like the small, red potatoes for roasting, so I halve them (quarter if needed). You want the pieces on the smaller side. Boil water and add a little vinegar, add the spuds and boil till they are almost done. They should still be a bit hard but close to finished.
    While cooking the potatoes, Heat oven to 500.
    Take a skillet with a decent lip or some other cookware that can go from stove top to oven. (if you do't have it, just transfer the contents)
    Medium high heat, add a vey generous amount of fat. I like it to be coat the entire pan and be 1/16-1/8 of an inch deep. Chuck in the potatoes toss them and get them all coated. Cover with garlic powder and salt. Toss that around and when it's all coated, they should only be in the pan for a minute or two, then into the oven for 10-15, till nice and crispy. (keep watch, they can go from golden to dark quickly.)

Ignorance is bliss