Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 301 of 627 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If you can provide an environment where both the workers are safe and the customers are safe, I fully agree with you.

But you need security to enforce it and anyone who remotely deviates should be forced to leave the shoe and not return.
    The Dems FEAR is that the coronavirus is a death sentence to ALL who get it....and that is far from the truth.

Over 95% of the people who have died from the coronavirus are elderly and people with underlying health conditions.

If everybody who got it died then we would have over a million deaths in the US. We only have 85,000. That is far from what the SCIENTIST said when they said 1 million deaths would happen in the US alone.

It is basically a bad flu for 98% of the people and they get through it and survive.

Now the elderly and people who have health conditions should stay home yet I see those old people out and doing whatever.

But to put fear into EVERYBODY has crippled this Country for no reason. It is pretty simple.

If you are over 60 or have any kind of health issue then stay at home. Simple! The rest can go as they please is my opinion. Now Iím not saying if you have it you go out just saying you canít live in fear and stay in a glass bubble until a vaccine is ready.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-15-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Personally, I donít think we will see any sports until a vaccine is ready.

Pressure will get to those organizations eventually...

The NBA is a no go.

MLB will have a plan but at the 11th hour they will pull the plug.

The same with the NFL.

I just feel FEAR from the Democrats is going to topple over anybody to cave in and pull the plug on whatever sport wants to reopen.

My prediction is we have ZERO SPORTS until the 2021 NFL season.

So I hope you all enjoy watching old games and reading your books and staying holed up in your houses.....we have another 13-15 months of this FEAR instilled by Democrats and SCIENTISTS.

And I do take everything seriously, I really do, I just feel as a Country we can open up SLOWLY in phases.

I ALSO LOVE SCIENCE and do not disagree with all of their opinions. THEIR numbers have been completely WRONG so far yet we are supposed to agree with their opinions?

MY good buddy who I golf with every weekend is a college teacher and of course he preaches to me about science, ect...

He told me 100 million could die in the US because of the virus. That is not even close as we are now on the backside of the curve so our numbers will get better each day....

But I respect him and listen. I listen to all and then form my own opinion.

I just feel this a terrible virus for the old and people who have health issues. And we need to protect them first.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-15-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Cuomo doesn't wear a face mask during his press conferences. I don't see why Trump has to, either.

Although when closer to people, yes, they should be wearing face masks.

Cuomo at least wears his when he's out and about where he can't social distance.

Trump doesn't, to my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    But We were told in early March that face masks do not help. Why the change?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by njbaseball22 View Post
    trump is never within 6 feet of anyone, why should he wear a mask?

Notice how you will go to any length to nitpick the guy?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    this
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Do you think Trump really never has anyone within six feet of him?
    Cut the bullspit. He gets tested every freaking day!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol

Wife: honey how has work been lately?

Doc: it's insane. Leo finally quit which was a relief, but mush cloned himself and now there's 2 of him, but we can't prove there's 2 of him bc they alternate when they show up. I've reached out to the head boss here but they haven't helped out the way I'd hoped. I might need a shrink of my own before I go insane.

Wife: doc, if you shrink anymore it'll be an inny.

Doc: ...................
    You missed your calling.

....AND the word of the week is........drum roll please!

BULLSPIT our first ever unanimous choice. Thank you PSD for your continued participation.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Dems FEAR is that the coronavirus is a death sentence to ALL who get it....and that is far from the truth.

Over 95% of the people who have died from the coronavirus are elderly and people with underlying health conditions.

If everybody who got it died then we would have over a million deaths in the US. We only have 85,000. That is far from what the SCIENTIST said when they said 1 million deaths would happen in the US alone.

It is basically a bad flu for 98% of the people and they get through it and survive.

Now the elderly and people who have health conditions should stay home yet I see those old people out and doing whatever.

But to put fear into EVERYBODY has crippled this Country for no reason. It is pretty simple.

If you are over 60 or have any kind of health issue then stay at home. Simple! The rest can go as they please is my opinion. Now Iím not saying if you have it you go out just saying you canít live in fear and stay in a glass bubble until a vaccine is ready.
    ONLY 85K, wow that's great ! AND we are #1 in the world to boot! Oh happy day.

But We were told in early March that face masks do not help. Why the change?
    Alternative fact there Nick? What we were told, and remains true today, a mask protects the other not the wearer. It's an altruistic act to stop the spread. I believe Fauci's words were "they provide little benefit (protection) from getting the infection," or something akin.

the death rate in ny starts to climb if your 51 with a prexisting condition..

I found Jorge! Oh wait is it....never mind.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1261096369089101830

I think we are at the point where reopening with smart social distancing is the move. Keep in mind, I acknowledge that I am not an expert. That being said, I think at this point the argument is more philosophical than scientific. I don't think there's any question that re-opening will lead to a spike in infections. At this point, however, the curve has been flattened. We understand much more about the virus now though, and social distancing does work to a significant extent (though it will never be perfect). I still believe the transmission is more from touching something with the virus on it, then touching your face than anything else. Sure, if someone coughs on you, that's bad. How often does that really happen though. Most people who got COVID were never coughed on. I'm fine with all the mask wearing, though I don't think this is the answer.

Back to the philosophical discussion. We talk a lot about the elderly and how we are protecting them. At what point, however, is asking a person to live out the rest of their life in isolation a worse outcome than death? I know if it were me, I would rather take the risk of getting COVID (even if it kills me) than live out the rest of my days in isolation from society. For the rest of society, we are soon going to reach a tipping point where businesses will be forced to close shop for good due to financial constraints. The owners of those businesses poured their lives into that. All in the name of protecting people who in many cases would rather live their lives with increased risk than be "protected" in isolation. Aside from the owners, the jobs are also going away. The big question here is at what point will the effects of poverty (crime, inability to afford life saving medications, homelessness, other disease, depression, suicide, and much, much more) worse than whatever will happen if we re-open society with social distancing precautions?

I don't know the answer and I'm sure there is some algorithm that the government is using to weigh all of those things (or maybe there isn't, in which case what are we doing here?). Most of these algorithms have proven false anyway, because unfortunately humans cannot predict the future with any real accuracy. Man plans, God laughs. Isn't that the truth.

My personal opinion is that it's time to start re-opening with precautions. I don't think we should wait another day. I am just one man with an opinion though. I have seen the death and devastation of this virus. It got pretty bad for a while there. I strongly believe all of the shutdowns were necessary and important. We were down to 5 ventilators at my hospital at one point (we had 100). If the shutdowns did not happen, I would have been deciding who lives and dies. I thank God every day that I was never put in that position. Things are much, much better now. PPE is much more available. Health care workers are relatively safe now.

I also thank God I am not in a position where I decide when the shutdown ends. No matter what these leaders decide, they will be wrong to someone. I don't think they are bad people for making those decisions, and still truly believe everyone is doing their best and trying to do what's best for their people.

While there are no decisions that make the leaders bad people, there are best and worst decisions. I believe the best decision is to get back to work and get society running again. This includes sports. My philosophy is let's not live our lives not to die, let's live our lives to live, and allow ourselves to enjoy living again. The worse part of the storm is over. Now it's a matter of moving on as a society and learning to deal with this new normal. Regardless of what is decided, I pray that everyone makes it through safely, and that we all stay healthy and go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Not staff or family... not really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're out of your mind. Turn your TV on. He was with a group of people yesterday, right next to each other. AND, he was the only one without a mask on.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Former MLB manager Art Howe in ICU with coronavirus
    Yahoo Sports
    JACK BAER
    May 15th 2020 10:19AM

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...irus/24313954/

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I think we are at the point where reopening with smart social distancing is the move. Keep in mind, I acknowledge that I am not an expert. That being said, I think at this point the argument is more philosophical than scientific. I don't think there's any question that re-opening will lead to a spike in infections. At this point, however, the curve has been flattened. We understand much more about the virus now though, and social distancing does work to a significant extent (though it will never be perfect). I still believe the transmission is more from touching something with the virus on it, then touching your face than anything else. Sure, if someone coughs on you, that's bad. How often does that really happen though. Most people who got COVID were never coughed on. I'm fine with all the mask wearing, though I don't think this is the answer.

Back to the philosophical discussion. We talk a lot about the elderly and how we are protecting them. At what point, however, is asking a person to live out the rest of their life in isolation a worse outcome than death? I know if it were me, I would rather take the risk of getting COVID (even if it kills me) than live out the rest of my days in isolation from society. For the rest of society, we are soon going to reach a tipping point where businesses will be forced to close shop for good due to financial constraints. The owners of those businesses poured their lives into that. All in the name of protecting people who in many cases would rather live their lives with increased risk than be "protected" in isolation. Aside from the owners, the jobs are also going away. The big question here is at what point will the effects of poverty (crime, inability to afford life saving medications, homelessness, other disease, depression, suicide, and much, much more) worse than whatever will happen if we re-open society with social distancing precautions?

I don't know the answer and I'm sure there is some algorithm that the government is using to weigh all of those things (or maybe there isn't, in which case what are we doing here?). Most of these algorithms have proven false anyway, because unfortunately humans cannot predict the future with any real accuracy. Man plans, God laughs. Isn't that the truth.

My personal opinion is that it's time to start re-opening with precautions. I don't think we should wait another day. I am just one man with an opinion though. I have seen the death and devastation of this virus. It got pretty bad for a while there. I strongly believe all of the shutdowns were necessary and important. We were down to 5 ventilators at my hospital at one point (we had 100). If the shutdowns did not happen, I would have been deciding who lives and dies. I thank God every day that I was never put in that position. Things are much, much better now. PPE is much more available. Health care workers are relatively safe now.

I also thank God I am not in a position where I decide when the shutdown ends. No matter what these leaders decide, they will be wrong to someone. I don't think they are bad people for making those decisions, and still truly believe everyone is doing their best and trying to do what's best for their people.

While there are no decisions that make the leaders bad people, there are best and worst decisions. I believe the best decision is to get back to work and get society running again. This includes sports. My philosophy is let's not live our lives not to die, let's live our lives to live, and allow ourselves to enjoy living again. The worse part of the storm is over. Now it's a matter of moving on as a society and learning to deal with this new normal. Regardless of what is decided, I pray that everyone makes it through safely, and that we all stay healthy and go back to normal.
    Glad to see you back!

I agree with the bolded. I wanted to post something like that but was hesitant on how it would come out. I. am glad I waited. You stated it far more gracefully than I would have.

I agree we need to re-open. I do think it needs to be slow and methodical. I also think we need to be ready to shut down if things start to spike severely.

I absolutely think sports should start up and these players need to stop complaining. Or they should be fired and get a job for a tiny fraction of what they earn doing something that puts them in the same line of fire as many who have been forced back to work.

I do believe that you can live your life to live without fear, but still remain diligent and cautious.

Ignorance is bliss