Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 292 of 627 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Cuomo ducked up. I don't care what way you look at it. He should have never sent covid patients back to nursing homes until they were cleared. There was plenty of space for them outside of the nursing homes, the uss comfort was here for a few weeks and saw a total of 200 patients, Javits center had plenty of space, amongst other makeshift hospitals we had in the area.

NY is one of the states that doesn't require minimum staffing at nursing homes. That's been a huge problem for years. They never did anything to fix it. Cuomo has been in office nearly a decade. He knew about it and did nothing. That's on him.

**** him. He killed 100s if not 1000s of nursing home patients.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This place I'm at is so shorthanded it isn't funny. Been that way for a while now and it really reflects in the care that people are getting. It's not a good situation.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We absolutely need to create jobs that deal with the infrastructure of the country at all levels. The WPA project was a huge reason we got out of the depression. I think something similar can be done. They could do it with Tech as well.
    Fixing roads and bridges along with the Installation of massive biofuel, solar and wind farms would be a great start.
    Traditional understanding of the economy are over. This virus will change how society views schools and restaurants and clubs for example. Churches and other institutions as well. Business as usual is over. We may need less fossil fuel as people drive less to work and to recreation. What we thought was the quick fix to help the economy when Trump took over like fossil fuel production in the US in gas, coal, natural gas, shale is not sustainable right now. If Trump can repatriate manufacturing here I will vote for him again. I voted for him cause he promised to bring manufacturing back to the US but it those jobs die not return

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Is it just me or do liberals, democrats just piss and moan about everything?
    Like some posters here, huh?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Clown, I donít ignore the things you said I ignore.

I disagree with some of their stances not all.

Christ Clown, I wanted Florida to stay closed until June 1 and see how things are before starting Phase 1.

I wish you could make up your mind whether or not you wanted to wait till June 1st. I said that the other day and you said it wasn't correct. Which is it, Nicky?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ^^ True Nick, but you also piss and moan about the car wash and getting a hair cut! Which is it?
    After riding thru the car wash did he smoke a cigarette ?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    This place I'm at is so shorthanded it isn't funny. Been that way for a while now and it really reflects in the care that people are getting. It's not a good situation.
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I truly hope you get the care you need and can make a full recovery as soon as possible to return home.

Every time my agency is called to get a patient from a nursing home that needs to go to a hospital, we see first hand the lack of staff the places have.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for Cuomo and NYS DOH and they change the requirements for the way they do minimum staffing at nursing homes. I douht it because they've had 8+ years to change it and haven't done ****.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

In my past job I used to visit Nursing homes in the Bronx and Manhattan for the Federal Govt daily for years. Nursing homes in NYC and State are worrisome. For one thing they are always seeking new residents and send out staff to hospitals and homeless shelters to get new residents. Many patients are people who are homeless often due to mental illness. They are not elderly just otherwise homeless. Now people from this community could have brought corona in unless the homes stopped this process when Covid was widely known. But I can tell you these facilities have cut back on their staff over the years and the quality of food has declined as well.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    After riding thru the car wash did he smoke a cigarette ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    In my past job I used to visit Nursing homes in the Bronx and Manhattan for the Federal Govt daily for years. Nursing homes in NYC and State are worrisome. For one thing they are always seeking new residents and send out staff to hospitals and homeless shelters to get new residents. Many patients are people who are homeless often due to mental illness. They are not elderly just otherwise homeless. Now people from this community could have brought corona in unless the homes stopped this process when Covid was widely known. But I can tell you these facilities have cut back on their staff over the years and the quality of food has declined as well.
    I worked in group homes and nursing homes before finishing graduate school. The conditions are poor for the reasons you mentioned but its also a staffing issue. The fact is staff is not paid enough for the work they do and its a job that has a ton of turnover. I remember working in one group home IRA for about a year and I must have seen 100-150 people quit or get fired in that time.

Its hard to ask 1 or 2 people to take care of 15-20 individuals over the course of 8 hours. Now you're asking those same staff who make 16 bucks an hour to handle people who have a potential deadly virus that is spreading like wild fire in those facilities. They're overmatched.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-13-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ^^ True Nick, but you also piss and moan about the car wash and getting a hair cut! Which is it?
    Dr, I was being facetious with my comments about a car wash and a haircut.

Btw, I got my car wash today. Personally I would have kept the car wash part open but I would have closed the vacuuming area to avoid touching anything....

I still have not got a haircut since mid March
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

We absolutely need to create jobs that deal with the infrastructure of the country at all levels. The WPA project was a huge reason we got out of the depression. I think something similar can be done. They could do it with Tech as well.
    Fixing roads and bridges along with the Installation of massive biofuel, solar and wind farms would be a great start.
    The thing is once you see these big companies release their quarterly earnings like Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Alibaba, etc, they're going to see a significant drop in revenue. Who is going to pick buying the new Iphone over paying rent? Its one of those things where the market is in some correction (right now) from all the huge losses but it can't hedge those things forever.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-13-2020 at 02:01 PM.

We knew about the virus in December. We knew how dangerous it could be in January

It took till mid march for the president to acknowledge that, while he still commented on being prepared, which was also untrue.

True or false, we knew about this virus in December? True. (\Possibly earlier)

True or false, even after learning how transmissible it was in mid January, the president said it would be fin e, we were ready, it would go away...? True
    Do I fault any leader for not taking more aggressive steps in January or early February? No.

True or false, in mid February, the president was still saying the same stuff? True.

We knew about it for 2.5 months. We did very little. We are still doing very little
    We are on the downside of the curve Clown.

How was that doing very little?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

We are on the downside of the curve Clown.

How was that doing very little?
    Clueless.

15. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Clueless.

Bro, we are just about back!

We have this thing beat bro.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You