Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 291 of 627 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 9393
    Is it just me or do liberals, democrats just piss and moan about everything?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Again...

We gotta flatten the curve. Cuomo stressed that for a month.

The narrative changes again.

Dems are never satisfied.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    LOL It's you!

I suggest you read the last 20 pages or so, you have done nothing but piss and moan....albeit not re: Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    https://hyperallergic.com/563394/china-lego-animation/

It's a comedy video from, china. It's smart. It keeps saying, "we told you it was dangerous". China basically doesn't deny hiding number but they repeatedly say, "we told you it was dangerous in January". You said, no big deal and it would go away, until March. We had 2.5 months to get it together and ignored it.

We had 2.5 months to get it together?

You mean the entire world.

In mid Jan The WHO said human transmission was it happening in China with the virus.

Figure it out Clown. Countries believed the WHO and all got burned.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

To those touting the "roaring" economy. Trump inherited a fairly robust economy, one that was restored from a very serious recession. His corp tax cuts were simply a short term jolt that kicked the can down the road. For years the R's were the fiscal conservatives, what happened? How could they sign off on a trillion dollar increase in the debt?

The Treasury report projected the tax cuts and the budget would boost economic growth to 2.9% a year for the next 10 years. That prosperity would boost tax revenue enough to offset the tax cuts. An overtly optimistic projection with assumptions that never materialized. Did the tax cut go towards revitalizing, modernization or employee benefits? No it got plowed back into corporate stock buy backs.

The Joint Committee on Taxation analyzed the tax cuts alone. It came to a different conclusion. It said the Act would increase the deficit by $1 trillion over the next 10 years. The Committee expected the economy to grow just 0.7% a year. It did not take into account the other changes in the FY 2018 budget.

https://www.thebalance.com/cost-of-t...x-cuts-4586645

ps. Trickle down economics has a long and questionable history in this country. It failed repeatedly, call it supply side if you prefer the Reagan spin or horse-and-sparrow theory coined at the turn of the century. The greed at the top simply destines the theory to failure.

Mush, how about this, just say, you don't agree with the experts, scientists and Drs who believe that is the best way.

Why do I suggest that? Because, if you do, you are not making it political. It's your opinion. You are allowed that.

The fact is, you are one of the very few making it political. You constantly spout about the liberal media and the dems.
    The rest of us voice outrage, disappointment and confusion with the way our president has handled it. It is irrelevant to which part he belongs. It truly is. It is about him. He has politicized this. It's what he does. He polarizes. Trumps language, Trump's not the republicans, not the democrats, Trump's language and rhetoric is dangerous and irresponsible. It has been the entire time.
    He has failed in this crises. That is our president. It makes no difference what color suit he wears , red or blue. he has lied, he has mismanaged, he has failed and he has incited citizens against their own governors.
    Trump.
    He has politicized this more than anyone else. His words and actions or lack of actions , have politicized this.
    Are both parties equal of following suit? Yes. Because they were foolish enough to get caught in his game.

My thoughts and opinions have zero basis in left or right. I have commented on a few other leaders from that side of the isle but I have also commented on some from the left.
    I see every other poster doing that.

You are politicizing this far, far more than any other poster. It seems like every post you put up, politicizes it.

So simply state your opinion. You want things to open and you want to ignore data, research, science, drs.
    I can respect that. I disagree but I respect it.
    Clown, I donít ignore the things you said I ignore.

I disagree with some of their stances not all.

Christ Clown, I wanted Florida to stay closed until June 1 and see how things are before starting Phase 1.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    To those touting the "roaring" economy. Trump inherited a fairly robust economy, one that was restored from a very serious recession. His corp tax cuts were simply a short term jolt that kicked the can down the road. For years the R's were the fiscal conservatives, what happened? How could they sign off on a trillion dollar increase in the debt?

The Treasury report projected the tax cuts and the budget would boost economic growth to 2.9% a year for the next 10 years. That prosperity would boost tax revenue enough to offset the tax cuts. An overtly optimistic projection with assumptions that never materialized. Did the tax cut go towards revitalizing, modernization or employee benefits? No it got plowed back into corporate stock buy backs.

The Joint Committee on Taxation analyzed the tax cuts alone. It came to a different conclusion. It said the Act would increase the deficit by $1 trillion over the next 10 years. The Committee expected the economy to grow just 0.7% a year. It did not take into account the other changes in the FY 2018 budget.

https://www.thebalance.com/cost-of-t...x-cuts-4586645

ps. Trickle down economics has a long and questionable history in this country. It failed repeatedly, call it supply side if you prefer the Reagan spin or horse-and-sparrow theory coined at the turn of the century. The greed at the top simply destines the theory to failure.

Dr, ROBUST?

Really?

Please list the growth numbers of every 1/4 for his entire8 years....

Show me ROBUST.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

^^ True Nick, but you also piss and moan about the car wash and getting a hair cut! Which is it?

Dr, ROBUST?

Really?

Show me ROBUST.
    I refuse to do your work. If you want to make the point please supply the data.

ps. to be clear I said he inherited a fairly robust economy that had been rescued from recession.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I don't know, is it just you or does anyone else continue to politicize everything?

Just you.

Ignorance is bliss

Dr, ROBUST?

Really?

Show me ROBUST.
    When Obama took office he inherited an economy that was in the teeth of the Great Recession. In 2009 personal consumption dropped 2.5% year over year and business investment fell off a cliff, down 21.2%. Both segments recovered and started the current 10-year plus economic expansion.

<< Using the same GDP metric of consumer spending plus business investment adjusted for inventory changes, Obamaís last three years in office had growth rates of at least 2.17% and as high as 3.06%.

For Trump the high point was 2.83% in 2018 when the tax cut seems to have had the largest impact and even fell short of Obamaís 2014 and 2015 growth rates of 3.06% and 3.05%, respectively.

In 2019 the adjusted growth rate was only 1.99%. This is less than Obamaís three last years in office and less than five of his last six years. >>

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#692458a84fed

ps OK I lied, I will do the work for you!

We had 2.5 months to get it together?

You mean the entire world.

In mid Jan The WHO said human transmission was it happening in China with the virus.

Figure it out Clown. Countries believed the WHO and all got burned.
    We knew about the virus in December. We knew how dangerous it could be in January

It took till mid march for the president to acknowledge that, while he still commented on being prepared, which was also untrue.

True or false, we knew about this virus in December? True. (\Possibly earlier)

True or false, even after learning how transmissible it was in mid January, the president said it would be fin e, we were ready, it would go away...? True
    Do I fault any leader for not taking more aggressive steps in January or early February? No.

True or false, in mid February, the president was still saying the same stuff? True.

We knew about it for 2.5 months. We did very little. We are still doing very little

Ignorance is bliss

Making things political on this discussion. I for one have critized Diblasio and Cuomo and Trump. Most people here have. Yet, some here defend Trump and decry liberals with their last breath. It's not even close. Republicans cry and complain. We have pages upon pages of sheer silence when asked direct questions to Posada and RRZ.

We knew about the virus in December. We knew how dangerous it could be in January

It took till mid march for the president to acknowledge that, while he still commented on being prepared, which was also untrue.

True or false, we knew about this virus in December? True. (\Possibly earlier)

True or false, even after learning how transmissible it was in mid January, the president said it would be fin e, we were ready, it would go away...? True
    Do I fault any leader for not taking more aggressive steps in January or early February? No.

True or false, in mid February, the president was still saying the same stuff? True.

We knew about it for 2.5 months. We did very little. We are still doing very little
    Why do you ask him ? If you want to know his opinion just watch Lou Dobbs.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is a big part of it too. You can't tout the economy by solely using the stock market. How does that account for 15% of people being out of work and all of these people struggling to make ends meet?

The stock market has leveled out but consumer data is going to see stocks in significant decline with all these people jobless. Hard for people to spend money on extraneous things when they are blowing through their savings on needed expenses. That will eventually reflect in market losses.
    We absolutely need to create jobs that deal with the infrastructure of the country at all levels. The WPA project was a huge reason we got out of the depression. I think something similar can be done. They could do it with Tech as well.
    Fixing roads and bridges along with the Installation of massive biofuel, solar and wind farms would be a great start.

Ignorance is bliss