Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 627 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 9393
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,101
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Yeah I guess more blame can be put on Mayor douche as well. However, Cuomo can put things in place the mayor doesn't have the power to. The amount of people just acting like it's not a big deal in the city is just mind boggling. I think it's also a lot easier to avoid people in the middle of the country. But in terms of resources, yes they have much less.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    How anyone living in NY can go about their daily routine as if everything is normal makes no sense to me. They literally have more cases than the other 49 states combined.


  2. #422
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,084
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    How anyone living in NY can go about their daily routine as if everything is normal makes no sense to me. They literally have more cases than the other 49 states combined.

    And it's pissing me off because I live in NJ and it bleeds over.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    SARS did just sort of die down.

    I know he's saying what people want to hear but that isn't smart. Leading means being able to look people in the eye and tel, the truth, even if it means saying you don't know

    He thinks he's an expert and he's playing one.
    “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it,” the president went on. He started talking about his tour of the CDC he’d taken before his talk to the press. “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”


    I have never loved the dude as the President but I still believe he got the dookie end of the stick in many cases and he'd done a much better job than for which he was given credit but for this crisis, he's been foolish and his attitude and how he's represented the virus have been political. He literally blamed the democrats fo the virus. If you look at stats for how people view this, his core group, thinks it's no big deal and as I said, I hope it never hits them because if it does, they will be in trouble.
    So he's lying to keep his base calm and then giving half truths to the rest. He should STFU and tell us what the CDC, WHO and Pandemic experts say, not his spin.
    Let's start with the premise that all billionaires have enormous egos and believe that they are experts at everything or at least smarter than the average bear.

    Generally speaking, I think he's doing a good job with the crisis overall and that's not political, because I feel Cuomo is also doing a good job. After all, it is a crisis and both men are in leadership positions. I do disagree with the thought that Trump is providing no help to Cuomo, when the first hospital ship is going to New York, instead of the West Coast, where the virus first entered the country. That recognizes that the East Coast is ground zero now.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,101
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    And it's pissing me off because I live in NJ and it bleeds over.
    I'm actually surprised NJ hasn't gotten it worse yet, being next door neighbors with NY.

  5. #425
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,166
    Trump said now he hopes the country is getting back to normal around Easter.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  6. #426
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,166
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Let's start with the premise that all billionaires have enormous egos and believe that they are experts at everything or at least smarter than the average bear.

    Generally speaking, I think he's doing a good job with the crisis overall and that's not political, because I feel Cuomo is also doing a good job. After all, it is a crisis and both men are in leadership positions. I do disagree with the thought that Trump is providing no help to Cuomo, when the first hospital ship is going to New York, instead of the West Coast, where the virus first entered the country. That recognizes that the East Coast is ground zero now.
    The first ship will be in California before the ship for NY gets to NY. the comfort was at Sea for 6 months and is back in Port being stocked and having its needed maintenance done. Where are you reading that the first ship will be in NY before California?

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,101
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Trump said now he hopes the country is getting back to normal around Easter.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Just in time for our neighborhood Easter egg hunt!

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,731
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Let's start with the premise that all billionaires have enormous egos and believe that they are experts at everything or at least smarter than the average bear.

    Generally speaking, I think he's doing a good job with the crisis overall and that's not political, because I feel Cuomo is also doing a good job. After all, it is a crisis and both men are in leadership positions. I do disagree with the thought that Trump is providing no help to Cuomo, when the first hospital ship is going to New York, instead of the West Coast, where the virus first entered the country. That recognizes that the East Coast is ground zero now.
    Really Johnny? Is that why Cuomo is publicly pleading for the Fed to release the 20K ventilators it has stockpiled? That ship is weeks if not month away, may be too little too late for NYers.

  9. #429
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,166
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I disagree with the bolded. NYC has the highest concentration in the country. Imo he acted decisively. A huge problem confronting him. Pleading for help from FED and getting very little at this juncture.
    I'm not talking about his issue with the feds. Yes he has a big problem, I just think he was too slow to react to putting certain things in place. I think he could have reacted sooner.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,731
    Nancy Pelosi said that a number of the Democrats' requests have been added to the bill — including provisions that would require both a congressional panel and an inspector general to provide oversight over the $500 billion loan program to corporations. https://nbcnews.com/politics/congres...close-n1167401

  11. #431
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,166
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nancy Pelosi said that a number of the Democrats' requests have been added to the bill — including provisions that would require both a congressional panel and an inspector general to provide oversight over the $500 billion loan program to corporations. https://nbcnews.com/politics/congres...close-n1167401
    Seems like a good step towards a bill and I'm on board with oversite.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,088
    [QUOTE=RCSownsU;33430085]I'm not talking about his issue with the feds. Yes he has a big problem, I just think he was too slow to react to putting certain things in place. I think he could have reacted sooner.

    Sent from my SM-G973U

    Anyone else find it weird that the biggest financial hubs in the us are the ones hit hardest ?

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,731
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'm not talking about his issue with the feds. Yes he has a big problem, I just think he was too slow to react to putting certain things in place. I think he could have reacted sooner.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Maybe so. But he did act and decisively. I guess the Fed could have reacted much sooner and alerted governors month ago when they were briefed on the China situation. Water over the dam. We must now deal it. No time for division.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Seems like a good step towards a bill and I'm on board with oversite.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

    Right now I am not convinced more layers of red tape or govt oversight is the answer .

  15. #435
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,166
    Posada

    1. The post you quoted is my issue with Cuomo.

    2. I've already been vocal with my issues against the dems and republicans.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •