Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 289 of 627 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 9393
  1. #4321
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,173
    I respect and agree with what Cuomo is saying and I agree in those tweets, I saw them earlier as well.

    I still don't believe he did as good of a job as he could have and that won't change. I think what he has done with nursing homes was terrible and lead many to their unnecessary deaths. I have seen first hand the problems in nursing homes that he is aware of and has neglected since taking office as govener of NY.

    For the record, that doesn't mean others haven't handled it worse than him, because they have.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-12-2020 at 04:44 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #4322
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,230
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-wa...041051480.html

    But everyone talks about the politics Democrats play.

    The House is expected to vote on the package as soon as Friday, but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said there is no “urgency.” The Senate will wait until after Memorial Day to act.

    There’s $200 billion in “hazard pay” for essential workers on the front lines of the crisis.

    The House is expected to vote on the package as soon as Friday, but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said there is no “urgency.” The Senate will wait until after Memorial Day to act.

    Pelosi drew on U.S. history — and poetry — to suggest “no man is an island” as she called on Americans to respond to the crisis with a strategy of science, virus testing and empathy.

    “We are presenting a plan do what is necessary to deal with the corona crisis and make sure we can get the country back to work and school safely,” she said.

    “There are those who said, ‘Let’s just pause,’” she added. “Hunger doesn’t take a pause. Rent doesn’t take a pause. Bills don’t take a pause."
    Can't wait till Republicans in the Senate strike this down and don't amend it either.

    The 200 billion dollars towards hazard pay for essential workers should be included no matter how the bill is amended.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-12-2020 at 06:05 PM.

  3. #4323
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,101
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I don't buy the poll #s.

    Cuomo may have handled it better than Trump, but he's made many mistakes himself.

    Funny, all these polls and in my 35 years, I've never been asked.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Nobody cares about your opinion.

  4. #4324
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,753
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ^^ simple really.
    I have to think the Dems are monitoring what the polls say if it were a Trump Cuomo election.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #4325
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have to think the Dems are monitoring what the polls say if it were a Trump Cuomo election.
    Well if Trump is so concerned with being re-elected, then he should among the biggest advocates to help American people in this time. I understand that's not his constituency but this man is determined to win in November. Trying to help American people in an unprecedented time would go a long way instead of doubling down on his base and siding with the protesters to run back to work.

  6. #4326
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,753
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well if Trump is so concerned with being re-elected, then he should among the biggest advocates to help American people in this time. I understand that's not his constituency but this man is determined to win in November. Trying to help American people in an unprecedented time would go a long way instead of doubling down on his base and siding with the protesters to run back to work.
    Interesting article about how Biden is winning with the "haters" right now. Meaning people that hate both of them are favoring Biden where they favored Trump last time.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #4327
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Interesting article about how Biden is winning with the "haters" right now. Meaning people that hate both of them are favoring Biden where they favored Trump last time.
    I don't know what the right strategy for Biden is. Trump buries himself a lot of the time but I would like Biden to be more vocal in what his plan is to help American people through this if he becomes president. Either way, it makes sense. Trump is not doing himself any favors. Most people support the shutdown, are scared to go back to work, want more testing, want a plan in place where American people see further aid, etc.

    Him constantly doubling down on misinformation while downplaying the consistent threat this is him not thinking or not getting good political advice. We're up to almost 83,000 deaths now.

  8. #4328
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,173
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Nobody cares about your opinion.
    Oh.

    Reported for insulting feelings I don't have.

    Wait.. Not really.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  9. #4329
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,101
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know what the right strategy for Biden is. Trump buries himself a lot of the time but I would like Biden to be more vocal in what his plan is to help American people through this if he becomes president.
    He can't even properly spit out one sentence. The dude mumbles and bumbles and makes zero sense when he talks. There's no way he can audibly tell the country what his master plan to help America would be. It would literally be a bunch of random words that don't go together in any way, shape or form.

    I can't believe Biden and Trump are the best each side could do. 'Murica!

  10. #4330
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,173
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He can't even properly spit out one sentence. The dude mumbles and bumbles and makes zero sense when he talks. There's no way he can audibly tell the country what his master plan to help America would be. It would literally be a bunch of random words that don't go together in any way, shape or form.

    I can't believe Biden and Trump are the best each side could do. 'Murica!
    Clown is going to run, still debating on VP. No, it won't be you.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  11. #4331
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,173
    [emoji90][emoji90]

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  12. #4332
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,230
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He can't even properly spit out one sentence. The dude mumbles and bumbles and makes zero sense when he talks. There's no way he can audibly tell the country what his master plan to help America would be. It would literally be a bunch of random words that don't go together in any way, shape or form.

    I can't believe Biden and Trump are the best each side could do. 'Murica!
    Biden's political advisors and campaign personnel have probably told him let Trump do the talking. Donald makes himself look more like a fool everyday. Whether its his twitter rants, his misinformation, lies, his fights with reporters, etc. He doesn't conduct himself as an American president.

    I'm not a fan of Biden but he made his way through the debates and won the candidacy. If Democrats didn't think he could be the president, they would have went elsewhere. If the choices are Trump and Biden, I'm taking the lesser of two evils and that is clearly Biden.

  13. #4333
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,910
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I don't buy the poll #s.

    Cuomo may have handled it better than Trump, but he's made many mistakes himself.

    Funny, all these polls and in my 35 years, I've never been asked.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    yeah i've never been polled before either. I always figured that because i live in such a liberal state and conservatives rarely win anything that they figure polling in Washington is a waste of time/money kinda like OR, CA and NY

    I don't trust polls whatsoever anymore. Satan's sister had close to a 10 point lead? heading into election Tuesday and they were predicting a landslide in her favor and we all saw they way that worked out.

    I've said it before but the idea this is the 2 best candidates that the parties could come up with is horrible IMO? Its quite obvious that the majority of our best and brightest don't go into politics like they used to around the WW's

    I know Trump is a orange villain right now because of the way he mishandled this virus and other things. That said at some point re opening and rebuilding the economy will become the top priority again.

    Just a question for u guys, again not looking to start a fight, just curious of the boards opinion. Obviously after this Virus is under control the top priority is going to get the economy going again. You can say Trump did some bad or stupid thing but i don't think u can challenge his success with the economy. Who would u rather see try to fix the economy between Biden and Trump. I feel bad saying this but when it comes to the economy i'll take Trump in a landslide.

  14. #4334
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,173
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    yeah i've never been polled before either. I always figured that because i live in such a liberal state and conservatives rarely win anything that they figure polling in Washington is a waste of time/money kinda like OR, CA and NY

    I don't trust polls whatsoever anymore. Satan's sister had close to a 10 point lead? heading into election Tuesday and they were predicting a landslide in her favor and we all saw they way that worked out.

    I've said it before but the idea this is the 2 best candidates that the parties could come up with is horrible IMO? Its quite obvious that the majority of our best and brightest don't go into politics like they used to around the WW's

    I know Trump is a orange villain right now because of the way he mishandled this virus and other things. That said at some point re opening and rebuilding the economy will become the top priority again.

    Just a question for u guys, again not looking to start a fight, just curious of the boards opinion. Obviously after this Virus is under control the top priority is going to get the economy going again. You can say Trump did some bad or stupid thing but i don't think u can challenge his success with the economy. Who would u rather see try to fix the economy between Biden and Trump. I feel bad saying this but when it comes to the economy i'll take Trump in a landslide.
    Trump hangs his hat on the stock market as a successful economy.

    It matters, but not as much as Trump would lead you to believe.

    Example: We are in a bad place in regards to the overall economy and the stock market has leveled out and has rebounded better than it should have, given the circumstances.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-12-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  15. #4335
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,230
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Trump hangs his hat on the stock market as a successful economy.

    It matters, but not as much as Trump would lead you to believe.

    Example: We are in a bad place in regards to the overall economy and the stock market has leveled out and has rebounded better than it should have, given the circumstances.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    This is a big part of it too. You can't tout the economy by solely using the stock market. How does that account for 15% of people being out of work and all of these people struggling to make ends meet?

    The stock market has leveled out but consumer data is going to see stocks in significant decline with all these people jobless. Hard for people to spend money on extraneous things when they are blowing through their savings on needed expenses. That will eventually reflect in market losses.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •