Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 282 of 627 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    People are pretty good up here. Once in a while you get fools who don't pay attention and it can be unpleasant to have to tell someone to back away from you.

Then again, you could always cough a few times.
    I accidentally got into normal waiting in line position at a gas station about a week ago and as soon as I did the gas station attendant nicely, but stirnly, told me 6 feet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    [/B]

Haven't been up North in a while. But down here in coastal South Jersey they have been monitoring the number of people in many of the markets, Home depot and Lowes. The store is empty with tape on the floor suggesting direction to travel and space required. It works. Deli counters are closed.

My only issue, while waiting in line OUTSIDE the store the enforcement is rather lax. Distancing isn't strictly enforced.
    Like clown said, just cough once or twice and they'll back away haha.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Like clown said, just cough once or twice and they'll back away haha.
    Thanks, I'll add it.

Most people are very considerate, they observe the rules without being told. Every so often one fool, usually without a mask, has to challenge the status quo, because it's "his" constitutional right!

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    8 days In a row now that Cuomo has taken a helicopter to a different part of the state for his covid upstates. He can't handle the media in Albany. **** him.

What an absolute waste of money at a time the state is bleeding money.

Seems like he just wants to avoid the budget deficit questions(which he has always been terrible with(NYS always has deficit issues). Avoiding nursing home questions about leaving covid-19 patients in nursing homes or returning them from hospitals when they still are possibly infecting others. Amongst other questions.

Reporters who normally cover him in Albany are finding out last minute where his brefing will be, leaving them no time to get there to cover him. If you're wondering if he's a piece of ****, he is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Iím never arguing that this virus is not bad. Do you really expect the World to stay closed for another 16-18 months?

Seriously?

That is what the Washington Gov wants to do, just wait for a vaccine.

And the resistance on here is strong just because of Trump.

They all act like every case is going to result in a death. Now that is ridiculous!
    I seriously question if you have a hard time reading. Where did i say anything about the world staying closed for16-18 months?

I understand why Washington state doesn't want public gatherings like concerts, sporting events, etc. You have a disease there is limited testing for that is highly contagious and in a lot of cases is carried a-symptomatically. It might be an extreme measure but large gatherings are a bad idea. That doesn't mean we can't do most other things at some point but the Coachellas (i know its in California), Tribeca Film Festivals (also i know NY), Tyson vs Fury 3 (unless you do it in front of no live crowd), etc have to go away for a while.

So what's an acceptable number for you in terms of people dying? We're already close to 80,000 in 3 months. 60,000+ died in April alone.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-09-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick is heart disease contagious? Is it preventable? Are there tx protocols?
    Thanks in advance.
    He's mastered irrelevant juxtaposition. He talks about going to the grocery store and the beach like its the same thing. Now he's talking about heart disease and the virus having similar numbers like that means anything. This is the type of stuff Fox news would love.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Because the terrified left wants you sit in misery and cry, oh woo is me.

That is why sporting events can return. Masks?

The left always goes to the extremes of every possible horrible scenario. They want to scare you. This is why those clowns said 1 million US deaths. 1/3 of the of the Country would die because of Coronavirus.

In 2019 65,000 people died in less than 2 months from heart attacks. Do we just stop eating McDonalds and any fatty foods?

And of course the real reason why things are not Opening is because Trump wants them open.

If Obama was President and gave the green light all would join.

Again, this the Dems vs the Republicans.

This fckn virus is now political and it is a freaking joke.

All States are on the downward side of the curve.

And scientists are now saying 65% of all new cases are now being attributed to people being crammed in their homes....what a surprise.....

Open air and sunlight is good folks. But the left want you to be miserable because Trump wants to reopen.

For Christís sakes the man just wants to reopen in phases.....

No matter what he does is wrong. And we didnít need a list of his faults, WE KNOW THEM, hell, we get a list everyday on here. It is like a few on here are teachers giving us a lesson.

Obama could have the same plan during the same scenario of where we currently are and he would be propped up as a true hero for trying to get the Country back to the norm.

Where did Trump say he was flicking the OPEN switch on one day?
    I re-read this and laughed at the first bolded.

That spoken by the man crying because he can't go to the salon for his hairdo and coif and get his car washed by someone other than himself.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I re-read this and laughed at the first bolded.

That spoken by the man crying because he can't go to the salon for his hairdo and coif and get his car washed by someone other than himself.

Say what you want about that poster , but that post is 100% truth . Governments during the entire history of man had always used fear to control the people . This virus is now being used as a political tool to control the the people . It is a scientific fact that there are only 2 long term solutions to this virus, a vaccine and herd immunity . With the virus here for atleast 3 months , chances are most of the population has already been exposed to the virus by now . So the only true reason to continue closures now is to maintain control of the people .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Say what you want about that poster , but that post is 100% truth . Governments during the entire history of man had always used fear to control the people . This virus is now being used as a political tool to control the the people . It is a scientific fact that there are only 2 long term solutions to this virus, a vaccine and herd immunity . With the virus here for atleast 3 months , chances are most of the population has already been exposed to the virus by now . So the only true reason to continue closures now is to maintain control of the people .
    Will you stop with this herd immunity garbage? If the medical community concurred that was a reasonable response, we would be seeing more of it. The fact is exposing more people to the disease without adequate testing and with a significant portion of the virus carriers being a-symptomatic is a dumb idea. We need more tests until there is a vaccine.

The virus is being politicized by those who think its an encroachment on their freedom. That said, those people aren't seeing the thousands that die a day from this virus. This isn't an attempt on control, its an attempt on neutralization of something that is killing human beings in large numbers and will continue doing so if we don't precede carefully. I'm sorry you dont have enough respect or care about human life to understand that.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-09-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Not surprisingly there has been a push in Washington for monthly payments to Americans as this goes on. Of course, there is resistance from the Republican party as 15% of the American workforce is out of a job and people struggle to pay their bills. 1200 bucks and a broken unemployment system should work though. Its amazing how people are against helping American citizens (especially those in government) but are completely okay with using trillions of taxpayer dollars to bail out big businesses.

I understand they want corral in deficit spending but let's be realistic here, people are going to struggle for maybe the next year plus, even if things normalize some.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Will you stop with this herd immunity garbage? If the medical community concurred that was a reasonable response, we would be seeing more of it. The fact is exposing more people to the disease without adequate testing and with a significant portion of the virus carriers being a-symptomatic is a dumb idea. We need more tests until there is a vaccine.

The virus is being politicized by those who think its an encroachment on their freedom. That said, those people aren't seeing the thousands that die a day from this virus. This isn't an attempt on control, its an attempt on neutralization of something that is killing human beings in large numbers and will continue doing so if we don't precede carefully. I'm sorry you dont have enough respect or care about human life to understand that.
    Herd immunity is not garbage , that is how the Spanish flu was defeated . There was no vaccine for it . What is garbage is the thought that anyone in the govt gives a damned about you .

Herd immunity is not garbage , that is how the Spanish flu was defeated . There was no vaccine for it . What is garbage is the thought that anyone in the govt gives a damned about you .
    The Spanish Flu happened a 100 years ago and 50 million people died from it. 50,000,000. Are you okay with millions of deaths before immunity becomes a factor? We've come a long way in medical advances/treating diseases and understanding there are different methods to handling pandemics.

Holy **** man.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-09-2020 at 03:34 PM.

And then there are those who are politicizing this virus to control the people by expanding the powers of the govt . Both sides are using the virus to control the people .

The Spanish Flu happened a 100 years ago and 50 million people died from it. 50,000,000. Are you okay with millions of deaths before immunity becomes a factor? We've come a long way in medical advances/treating diseases and understanding there are different methods to handling pandemics.

Holy **** man.
    Millions wonít die from this virus regardless . Itís been here for 3 months and not even 100k have died . I never said the virus was nothing to worry about . What I am saying is that there are only two long term solutions to this virus and they are a vaccine and herd immunity and that is not garbage , it is scientific fact . The only thing these closures are doing is slowing down the virus a bit , not stopping it all .

Millions wonít die from this virus regardless . Itís been here for 3 months and not even 100k have died . I never said the virus was nothing to worry about . What I am saying is that there are only two long term solutions to this virus and they are a vaccine and herd immunity and that is not garbage , it is scientific fact . The only thing these closures are doing is slowing down the virus a bit , not stopping it all .
    Jorge the point I think you are missing, in order to achieve herd immunity millions must contract the disease. In the process 100"s of thousands could potentially die. While herd immunity is scientific fact, it is not generally viewed as the frontline defense, more often it's a last resort.