Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 281 of 627 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 9393
  1. #4201
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Let me ask you guys something... if masks work and are mandatory in public places, then why arenít things open?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #4202
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,096
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Let me ask you guys something... if masks work and are mandatory in public places, then why arenít things open?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not mandatory where I am.
    Even if they were, and worked 100% that doesn't mean someone can't bite their fingernail then touch something, then someone else touches that same something and bites their nail.
    It isn't rocket science. ***** not going to be back to normal for quite a while

  3. #4203
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,045
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Let me ask you guys something... if masks work and are mandatory in public places, then why arenít things open?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Masks are not full proof. They help stop the transmission if you have the virus and want to stop with potentially giving it to someone else. They're not as effective in terms of protecting you from the virus if someone has it and they've left germs in your vicinity.

    The only thing that's really going to open everything up in lieu of a vaccine is testing but things are going to open before that happens anyway.

  4. #4204
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,115
    What could go wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #4205
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,836
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Let me ask you guys something... if masks work and are mandatory in public places, then why arenít things open?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Because the terrified left wants you sit in misery and cry, oh woo is me.


    That is why sporting events can return. Masks?

    The left always goes to the extremes of every possible horrible scenario. They want to scare you. This is why those clowns said 1 million US deaths. 1/3 of the of the Country would die because of Coronavirus.

    In 2019 65,000 people died in less than 2 months from heart attacks. Do we just stop eating McDonalds and any fatty foods?

    And of course the real reason why things are not Opening is because Trump wants them open.

    If Obama was President and gave the green light all would join.

    Again, this the Dems vs the Republicans.

    This fckn virus is now political and it is a freaking joke.

    All States are on the downward side of the curve.

    And scientists are now saying 65% of all new cases are now being attributed to people being crammed in their homes....what a surprise.....

    Open air and sunlight is good folks. But the left want you to be miserable because Trump wants to reopen.

    For Christís sakes the man just wants to reopen in phases.....

    No matter what he does is wrong. And we didnít need a list of his faults, WE KNOW THEM, hell, we get a list everyday on here. It is like a few on here are teachers giving us a lesson.

    Obama could have the same plan during the same scenario of where we currently are and he would be propped up as a true hero for trying to get the Country back to the norm.

    Where did Trump say he was flicking the OPEN switch on one day?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-09-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  6. #4206
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,836
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Masks are not full proof. They help stop the transmission if you have the virus and want to stop with potentially giving it to someone else. They're not as effective in terms of protecting you from the virus if someone has it and they've left germs in your vicinity.

    The only thing that's really going to open everything up in lieu of a vaccine is testing but things are going to open before that happens anyway.

    Iím never arguing that this virus is not bad. Do you really expect the World to stay closed for another 16-18 months?

    Seriously?

    That is what the Washington Gov wants to do, just wait for a vaccine.

    And the resistance on here is strong just because of Trump.

    They all act like every case is going to result in a death. Now that is ridiculous!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #4207
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,836
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Neither is a good option imo. There should be a middle ground that we can find to allow everyone to remain safe while still being able to run errands and whatnot. Keeping everything closed is dumb, but so is opening everything back up fully like before.

    Idk how most shut down places are planning their re-open, but with Best Buy, starting next week they will be allowing customers in the store using an appointment system. You can go online, call or walk up to the store and reserve a time to come in and shop or look at products.
    Each customer will have a sales associate with them, practicing social distancing. The stores will also be offering masks to anyone who enters if they don't have their own already.
    They'll also have store employees tasked with constantly sanitizing all areas of the store throughout every day.
    This to me seems like a reasonable way to re-open, stay safe and be sure the store never gets crowded.
    But Trump is not trying to reopen all up at once..

    The plan is in phases.....what is wrong with that?

    Here is how the Dems react.

    We could be over this virus and just have one last case and the Dems would say, see, we opened up too soon.

    Trump could be the manager of the Yankees and they could win the WS with a sweep and the Dems or opposition would still pick that series apart and look for all faults during the series where things could have resulted in a loss......
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 05-09-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  8. #4208
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,674
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Let me ask you guys something... if masks work and are mandatory in public places, then why arenít things open?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not the mask. It's social distance and sheltering in place that is working. Mask are mandatory in public to protect others. Do they help curtail the spread? Yes. However they are one part of a larger whole. Hand washing may be as important as a mask.

    If infection continues to spread and new infection rates are increasing no reason to open anything in a hurry.

  9. #4209
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,674
    Nick is heart disease contagious? Is it preventable? Are there tx protocols?
    Thanks in advance.

  10. #4210
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,612
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    But Trump is not trying to reopen all up at once..

    The plan is in phases.....what is wrong with that?

    Here is how the Dems react.

    We could be over this virus and just have one last case and the Dems would say, see, we opened up too soon.

    Trump could be the manager of the Yankees and they could win the WS with a sweep and the Dems or opposition would still pick that series apart and look for all faults during the series where things could have resulted in a loss......
    Perhaps had the President not tweeted for people of blue states to rebel about a month ago I could consider your argument that Trump speaks logically and non politically about the virus. Right???? Anyway time for a long walk.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 05-09-2020 at 08:07 AM.

  11. #4211
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,674
    "And of course the real reason why things are not Opening is because Trump wants them open.

    If Obama was President and gave the green light all would join.

    Again, this the Dems vs the Republicans.

    This fckn virus is now political and it is a freaking joke."

    Do you honestly believe this? Peoples lives are at stake and you want to push a political partisan argument? Seems like 40 plus states will open today, I would argue Trump's agenda is advancing! In so doing the risk increases exponentially in some areas.

    The virus was political from day one. Trump made it so. His denials were politically motivated. His slow response was politically motivated as were his positions on testing and tracing. He admitted as much, "testing only makes you look bad." From the outset this has been about his reelection, rather than the health and safety of the people. His delusional thought process, influenced by his narcissistic personality disorder believes if you don't test, keep the numbers low...NO Problem! Typical of a narcissist, it's all about the appearance on the outside as viewed by the other.

    His larger than life ego and narcissism dominate his thought process. He can not accept responsibility, because that assumes blame and fault. He avoids accountability for essentially the same reason. He blames others for his faults and failure. His narcissism demands a constant supply of ego support. He must always be right, the biggest, smartest, richest ect. He must be flattered and admired above all else. He must believe he has absolute control, authority and power.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-09-2020 at 08:40 AM.

  12. #4212
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,645
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Let me ask you guys something... if masks work and are mandatory in public places, then why arenít things open?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because people would need to keep distance from one another and they won't.
    As Metswon said, masks help stopping the wearer spread it to others but don't stop the wearer from getting it.

    My friends son just came back from Montreal where he's lived for the last 6 years. He said it's very intense.
    Cops are strictly enforcing 6 feet (3 meters) by using loudspeakers and heavy fines.
    I think we should do that. Let people out. Let them move but make sure they keep distance.
    I would also do what stores like whole foods is doing, there's only a certain amount of people allowed into a store or restaurant.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #4213
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,645
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Because the terrified left wants you sit in misery and cry, oh woo is me.


    That is why sporting events can return. Masks?

    The left always goes to the extremes of every possible horrible scenario. They want to scare you. This is why those clowns said 1 million US deaths. 1/3 of the of the Country would die because of Coronavirus.

    In 2019 65,000 people died in less than 2 months from heart attacks. Do we just stop eating McDonalds and any fatty foods?

    And of course the real reason why things are not Opening is because Trump wants them open.

    If Obama was President and gave the green light all would join.

    Again, this the Dems vs the Republicans.

    This fckn virus is now political and it is a freaking joke.

    All States are on the downward side of the curve.

    And scientists are now saying 65% of all new cases are now being attributed to people being crammed in their homes....what a surprise.....

    Open air and sunlight is good folks. But the left want you to be miserable because Trump wants to reopen.

    For Christís sakes the man just wants to reopen in phases.....

    No matter what he does is wrong. And we didnít need a list of his faults, WE KNOW THEM, hell, we get a list everyday on here. It is like a few on here are teachers giving us a lesson.

    Obama could have the same plan during the same scenario of where we currently are and he would be propped up as a true hero for trying to get the Country back to the norm.

    Where did Trump say he was flicking the OPEN switch on one day?
    To the bolded, that is sort of true for the moment.
    We don't have the tests to know if it is actually true.
    Some states are having spikes. Georgia is one.



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #4214
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Because people would need to keep distance from one another and they won't.
    As Metswon said, masks help stopping the wearer spread it to others but don't stop the wearer from getting it.

    My friends son just came back from Montreal where he's lived for the last 6 years. He said it's very intense.
    Cops are strictly enforcing 6 feet (3 meters) by using loudspeakers and heavy fines.
    I think we should do that. Let people out. Let them move but make sure they keep distance.
    I would also do what stores like whole foods is doing, there's only a certain amount of people allowed into a store or restaurant.


    Haven't been up North in a while. But down here in coastal South Jersey they have been monitoring the number of people in many of the markets, Home depot and Lowes. The store is empty with tape on the floor suggesting direction to travel and space required. It works. Deli counters are closed.

    My only issue, while waiting in line OUTSIDE the store the enforcement is rather lax. Distancing isn't strictly enforced.

  15. #4215
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,645
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    [/B]

    Haven't been up North in a while. But down here in coastal South Jersey they have been monitoring the number of people in many of the markets, Home depot and Lowes. The store is empty with tape on the floor suggesting direction to travel and space required. It works. Deli counters are closed.

    My only issue, while waiting in line OUTSIDE the store the enforcement is rather lax. Distancing isn't strictly enforced.
    People are pretty good up here. Once in a while you get fools who don't pay attention and it can be unpleasant to have to tell someone to back away from you.

    Then again, you could always cough a few times.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •