Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 276 of 627 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 9393
  1. #4126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Please
    Yusef Islam
    We have a winner, AKA Cat Stevens.

  2. #4127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If you were hosting a gathering, and it was a very diverse group of all races, religions, sexualities, and an argument broke out between some of the people. Now in that argument, there were genuinely, nice people in the mix but on one side there were some people throwing racial, homophobic slurs and threatening violence to those people.

    Would say to the party, hey, "Everyone is cool and we all have a right to speak"? Or would you tell the racists and homophobes to get out?

    I'd tell them to get out. I would tell the crowd disagreement is fine until it leads to language and ideologies that empower hate and violence against a group based on race, religion or preference.
    I would make it clear that it is ok that don't agree with certain views but as long as they are expressed in productive fashion, it's all good. I would also make it clear that we, as a group would have no tolerance for bigotry.

    Our president conveniently, left out the second part. But you are ok with that.
    You begin with a flawed assumption.

  3. #4128
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,433
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Tell this to yanksguy.

    Speaking of yanksguy, I hope he's doing well. Haven't heard from him since he told us all he was diagnosed 2 weeks ago.
    Been tested twice at dialysis and tested here at rehab yesterday. Waiting on results.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  4. #4129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,341
    That data, displayed on a chart on the website, may be missing cases from the past two weeks, according to the state health department.

    The potentially missing data results in graphs that show Georgia is seeing a sharp decline in new cases over time, although that likely isn’t happening, experts said.

    Experts said the state is not clearly explaining its method of reporting new cases, and the chart showing cases over time could be misleading or confusing the public.


    Read more here: https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news...#storylink=cpy


    Why am I still shocked that a man who rigged his own election and didn't recuse himself from being on the elations oversight committee, during his campaign, would still present mil;eading if not false numbers to his state?



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #4130
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,341
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Been tested twice at dialysis and tested here at rehab yesterday. Waiting on results.
    If you are still here and feeling well, that's a great sign!



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #4131
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the biggest reason why the virus has spread to the degree it has. Lack of testing. Its difficult to find contact traces when you only have a small % of people being tested. My mom works in a hospital on the administrative side and she said doctors and nurses only received antibody tests last week. She only got tested yesterday meanwhile we've known about this virus for months.

    That's a failure of the federal government regardless of how many times Mush, Posada, etc come in here to defend the president.

    Until testing capacity gets better, people are going to remain very cautious about their normal activity even as things open up.
    Lol haha “failure of the federal govt”? The govt is to blame for everything. Trump bad. How about the hospital does more tests? Idk I guess Trump needs to a white coat on and help them make more tests and process the samples.

    You guys are so funny. Trump is the big bad boogeyman. Let me let you in on a little secret... the president of the United States doesn’t have that big of an impact on your life (for normal, legal American citizens)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #4132
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If you were hosting a gathering, and it was a very diverse group of all races, religions, sexualities, and an argument broke out between some of the people. Now in that argument, there were genuinely, nice people in the mix but on one side there were some people throwing racial, homophobic slurs and threatening violence to those people.

    Would say to the party, hey, "Everyone is cool and we all have a right to speak"? Or would you tell the racists and homophobes to get out?

    I'd tell them to get out. I would tell the crowd disagreement is fine until it leads to language and ideologies that empower hate and violence against a group based on race, religion or preference.
    I would make it clear that it is ok that don't agree with certain views but as long as they are expressed in productive fashion, it's all good. I would also make it clear that we, as a group would have no tolerance for bigotry.

    Our president conveniently, left out the second part. But you are ok with that.
    So I guess you just hear what you want to here then... because that’s what he did


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #4133
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,341
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    So I guess you just hear what you want to here then... because that’s what he did


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I actually defended Trumo's speech when it first happened, because it was his first test. I know what he said.
    But as time passed and he showed certain trends my feelings changed. Because that's what intelligent people do when they get more info over time. They re-evaluate and don't become glued to the narrative they have embedded into their psyche.

    Show me in that speech where he said the KKK and any other hate groups, will not be tolerated.

    Show me where in the michigan rallies where he supported the protestors (I agree with that), did he say, those carrying swastikas and confederate flags are not part of the group of protesters, I support.

    Show me where the president of the US strongly condemns the actions and the rhetoric of those groups?
    He doesn't do it. He is half azzed because that is part of his base and he doesn't want to piss them off.

    Not the, blhablahblah, oh they aren't nice but blhablahblah.

    Or the tweet regarding michigan

    "The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire," Trump tweeted. "These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal."




    To be clear,, I am not accusing Trump of being racist. I am accusing him of allowing for that behavior to become acceptable by once again, his lack of action and leadership. This is the reality of the man.
    I didn't agree with Bush as president but I thought he was a good leader and while I didn't agree with many of his policies, I felt he had the interest of the nation at heart. Trump, clearly does not follow that path.


    Back to the question, how do you personally handle that? Do you make a half azzed condemnation like he did? Do you protect the other groups that were standing next to them by saying they are good people?
    Or do you say, I condemn those preaching that message and anyone who does not outwardly stand against that message?

    What do you do?



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #4134
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,341
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    So u didn’t head is speech then? Just read what CNN posted? Because the very next sentence out of his mouth after he muttered the famous “fine people”, he condemned the racists in attendance.

    He says (after being asked a question):
    “Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

    The very next sentence was: “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

    Let’s break it down...
    Racists, KkK, and neo-nazis are bad. People who aren’t racist and peacefully protesting are alright. Hence by your logic, he is telling Klansmen and neo-nazis that they are awesome. Sounds like it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    FYI, this was his first response. What you posted came days later after he got reamed for not having a stronger rsponse

    "But we're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Va.. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society. And no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time.

    So yeah, after he had time to review and get advised, he had a better statement. But he dropped the ball in his first comments.

    What was that about seeing what you want to see? You took half the story

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQWJDVg8PA

    That's the full speech. To be clear, it's not a bad speech but nowhere does he condemn the KKK or white supremacists.
    After a few days, he realized he should have.
    He didn't know ? This is a man who knows more than anyone about anything. he knew. he just blew it in that aspect of his speech



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #4135
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    14,976
    Klown, not defending Trump just curious of your opinion. Do u think Trump doesn't come out and condemn those people affiliated with hate groups because he doesn't want to give them any kind of attention or validation? or do u think by not coming out and saying that those kind of groups won't be tolerated and publicly condemning them he's validating those groups actions and hate?

  11. #4136
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,358
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Lol haha “failure of the federal govt”? The govt is to blame for everything. Trump bad. How about the hospital does more tests? Idk I guess Trump needs to a white coat on and help them make more tests and process the samples.

    You guys are so funny. Trump is the big bad boogeyman. Let me let you in on a little secret... the president of the United States doesn’t have that big of an impact on your life (for normal, legal American citizens)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a reason why South Korea had their professional baseball league start today and we're nowhere near any of that happening. That country aggressively tested their people for the virus because they paid attention to the scientific data. They had tested over 75,000 people before the United States had tested 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    How about the hospital does more tests?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this a serious question? Really? Hospitals can only get testing are the rate in which tests are produced and because the president sat on his *** and downplayed the virus, the funding for tests didn't come soon enough. The fact that he continues to lie and misinform the people about available testing is a complete joke.

    Trump is a moron and this is what happens when you elect a moron to handle a major crisis. But again, I understand anything to kiss his *** and have him devoid of any responsibility
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-05-2020 at 12:57 PM.

  12. #4137
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I absolutely agree with the bold text, I honestly don't think we have anywhere close to an accurate count of how many people have actually had this thing.

    BTW Nicky, you made a point yesterday that it was U and Jorge against the whole liberal board. I am very much a conservative and was a Trump fan until this happened. I completely agree with you that there isn't some road map to follow because no one has had to deal with something like this in modern times. That said Trump has handled this worse than most with his daily briefing on his " STATS" and the lack of or flat bad info he and his admin have been pushing.
    No way your a Conservative. If you are then how can you not defend Trump. Posada already told me that. Posada already said I am some sort of RINO. Funny the Republican party never refunded any money I have contributed to it. So I guess I'm still a Conservative to them cause I just got stuff in the mail asking me for money. Trump is unfit for President. Let him enjoy his life and wealth quietly. You know what's scary ??? We will have his sons become President eventually
    Last edited by flimflamman; 05-05-2020 at 12:51 PM.

  13. #4138
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Lol haha “failure of the federal govt”? The govt is to blame for everything. Trump bad. How about the hospital does more tests? Idk I guess Trump needs to a white coat on and help them make more tests and process the samples.

    You guys are so funny. Trump is the big bad boogeyman. Let me let you in on a little secret... the president of the United States doesn’t have that big of an impact on your life (for normal, legal American citizens)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But he does in a crisis. Federal Government job is to mobilize and organize a response, the Governours and local hospitals don't have the infrastructure to do what you just said with a new strain of a virus. Presidents may not effect an average American Citizen day to day. But no other person in the US effects more American Citizens more. From appointing cabinet officials and supreme court judges, to issuing executing orders, and signing off and championing legislation no other American Citizen is as influential.

  14. #4139
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Wendy's is running out of beef, this gets real when and if McDonalds does.

  15. #4140
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    43,341
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Klown, not defending Trump just curious of your opinion. Do u think Trump doesn't come out and condemn those people affiliated with hate groups because he doesn't want to give them any kind of attention or validation? or do u think by not coming out and saying that those kind of groups won't be tolerated and publicly condemning them he's validating those groups actions and hate?
    I think it validates them. In this case, turning a blind eye is a bad idea. "What? He's not saying anything? Great. Let's go another step". I'm not saying it's intended but I think his not saying anything directly, is viewed as support.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •