Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 269 of 627 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I donít understand why anyone in their right mind would vote for cuomo , he has not been a good governor . And his response to this pandemic hasnít been any better than trumpís at all . As governor of the state that is in the cross hairs of all our enemies he should have had his state prepared for a situation like this . But instead he was busy spending federal tax dollars on failed projects like a solar panel factory that is still sitting empty in upstate new York .
    The state of NY was slow to the dance. Cuomo and Deblasio deserve fault for that but no one has ever said otherwise. That said, Andrew didn't have the intelligence the president had, nor did he have the resources to fund testing or get PPE on a larger scale. That's why he asked for assistance from the federal government and Trump.

To be fair to Cuomo, he's been on the front lines everyday answering the tough questions, taking action, and making it known his primary concern is the people of NY.

The president, on the other hand, continues to lie to and misinform the American people about things that he suggests are happening under his watch and really aren't.

The responsibilities, power, access to world intelligence, scope of influence is far greater for an American president than they are for governors of state. It's a dumb comparison.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-04-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I started with Beatles, Stones, Joni Mitchell, Steely Dan,.moved into deep purple, Zep, Sabbath, Gen X, Adam ant, The clash.. Pink Floyd (like crazy)
    Then Soundgarden, Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Mudhoney, Janes, Alice in chains, Afghan Wigs
    Then Disable planets, Tribe, WuTang, De la soul,
    Then Bowie, Joe Jackson, Jorge Ben, Joao Gilberto, Jobim, Eli Regina, Tom Waits, Tupac

In the last decade, it's been revisitation but also dudes like Andre 3000 and Oiutkast. The Shins, Mark Lannegan (from screaming trees. His solo stuff is fantastic). There are a bunch of new bands that are decent that I'm finding.

I tried the Melvins. They are amazing but so far the only song to hook me is "Billy Fish". And I love that song.

I like all music but 95% of what my tastes are were from the Early Stones and Beatles. Those two set the format for all music or mainly rock music with their arrangements. You have to have that classic opening riff that gets people hooked. A chorus was then built around the hook. A verse, a 2nd on some songs, a guitar solo, chorus and a bridge to the ending. That is basically it....I was and still love the guitar solos that are arranged perfectly with the basic sound structure of the song. Now in the late 80s hair band couldnít be innovated enough with the solo, a lot made no sense with the song and was just added because it had to be. While My Guitar Gently Weeps has that classic guitar solo that all 80s hair bands tried to replicate to their song structure.

One of the perfect Songs for 80s rock is Ozzyís BARK AT THE MOON. Jake E Lee and Ozzy hit that song with absolute perfection IMO. Love how Jake E Lee did his solos and how they sounded. The opening riff, the chorus and entire sound of song almost perfect.

I initially started with Rush, Styx, REO and Foreigner around 1980. Those were my first albums I had my parents buy me. Basically same formula that got me hooked. Now, Iím only talking 1980-1982 RUSH as they went more commercial in those particular years.

I then found my father collection of records. Black Sabbath and Led Zep along with all Beatles were his main likes.

I branched off and explored all rock music from 1962-1980 at that point in my life.

80s were my teen years so hair bands and heavy metal was in my main catalog of music. Grunge came and I was in my very early 20s and love that music for about 4 strong years. Once Cobain died the grunge basically died.

Alice and Chains were also a band I loved, tremendous music and a terrific singers in that band.

It sucks most of the great grunge or alternative music singers all died or killed themselves. I would have loved to hear Nirvanaís sound in 2020.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The state of NY was slow to the dance. Cuomo and Deblasio deserve fault for that but no one has ever said otherwise. That said, Andrew didn't have the intelligence the president had, nor did he have the resources to fund testing or get PPE on a larger scale. That's why he asked for assistance from the federal government and Trump.

To be fair to Cuomo, he's been on the front lines everyday answering the tough questions, taking action, and making it known his primary concern is the people of NY.

The president, on the other hand, continues to lie to and misinform the American people about things that he suggests are happening under his watch and really aren't.

The responsibilities, power, access to world intelligence, scope of influence is far greater for an American president than they are for governors of state. It's a dumb comparison.
    It is not a dumb comparison considering that NY gets more federal dollars than most other states of this country . And a governor is supposed to look out for the security of his own state , and it still doesnít excuse cuomo for being a lousy governor .

It is not a dumb comparison considering that NY gets more federal dollars than most other states of this country . And a governor is supposed to look out for the security of his own state , and it still doesnít excuse cuomo for being a lousy governor .
    Its a dumb comparison. The scope of the federal government vastly exceeds state governments. The president has exponentially more resources and power to handle something of this magnitude and those are his responsibilities as leader of the entire country.

I really don't know why i need to explain that but I understand anything to defend Trump.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-04-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You poor baby. Glad you managed to somehow keep it together.
    LOL!!!! Don't know how he survived this long without a haircut. I'm very proud of him being able to keep it together as he has. I can't imagine the pain he's been going through, and then not being able to go to the car wash on top of it. I'm so glad he seems to be doing okay. Stay strong, Nicky.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Its a dumb comparison. The scope of the federal government vastly exceeds state governments. The president has exponentially more resources to handle something of this magnitude and those are his responsibilities as leader of the entire country.

I really don't know why i need to explain that but I understand anything to defend Trump. We get it.
    Again it doesnít excuse cuomo for being such a lousy governor . And he has done NOTHING to make me think he would be a good president . And again it is nit a dumb comparison since him running for president is being discussed as an option if the dnc removes Biden . And since cuomo has never been president , I can only use his time as governor to compare to how he would do as president .

Again it doesnít excuse cuomo for being such a lousy governor . And he has done NOTHING to make me think he would be a good president . And again it is nit a dumb comparison since him running for president is being discussed as an option if the dnc removes Biden . And since cuomo has never been president , I can only use his time as governor to compare to how he would do as president .
    That's not what you originally said. You said Cuomo's response to the virus hasn't been better than Trump's. I'm telling you its a myopic comparison. The only comparison worth mentioning is Cuomo's press conferences and Trump's daily briefings. While Trump has lied and misinformed people about the virus for the last 3 months, Cuomo has been handling this head on for quite some time now. He's demanded more federal aid, he's answered the tough questions (honestly), he's asked for bipartisanship and non politicization of how we deal with the fallout, he's put an emphasis on getting testing out there, etc.

Cuomo would make a better candidate than Biden and he would certainly make for a better president than the idiot we have in office right now. Look, politicians are politicians. Everyone knows that. Most of them (maybe all) are crooked to various degrees but Cuomo is not a moron and he's a shot in the arm the Democrats don't have with Biden.

It doesn't matter anyways because its too late for a new presidential nominee.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-04-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I started with Beatles, Stones, Joni Mitchell, Steely Dan,.moved into deep purple, Zep, Sabbath, Gen X, Adam ant, The clash.. Pink Floyd (like crazy)
    Then Soundgarden, Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Mudhoney, Janes, Alice in chains, Afghan Wigs
    Then Disable planets, Tribe, WuTang, De la soul,
    Then Bowie, Joe Jackson, Jorge Ben, Joao Gilberto, Jobim, Eli Regina, Tom Waits, Tupac

In the last decade, it's been revisitation but also dudes like Andre 3000 and Oiutkast. The Shins, Mark Lannegan (from screaming trees. His solo stuff is fantastic). There are a bunch of new bands that are decent that I'm finding.

I tried the Melvins. They are amazing but so far the only song to hook me is "Billy Fish". And I love that song.
    Started with Yardbirds, Stones, Beatles, Kinks, Who, Led Zep, Doors, Yes, Cream, King Crimson, T Rex, Hendrix, Bowie.

Currently listening to: Yardbirds, Stones, Beatles, Kinks, Who, Led Zep, Doors, Yes, Cream, King Crimson, T Rex, Hendrix, Bowie.

Today much more Jazz and Blues.

From 2015-2020 I cannot find an identity with rock music.

1960s
    1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000ís
    2010-2020 is what?

Those prior decades all had a basic sound for the most part during that particular decade. We need a new music revolution like the early 90s gave us. Something new and fresh and original. The Man in the Box around late 1989-1990 from Alice and Chains was probably the first alternative song that was challenging the Hair Bands. I initially hated that song because the guitar sounds were tuned down some to give it a new sound. I think E was where it was going with guitars. But around 1991-1992 I started to buy their music and loved their sound. I was too late to the party.

We need new rock but NOT the sounds of like ColdPlay or Imagine Dragons. I want a more grittier raw sound. Those newer bands are good and popular but their sound doesnít move the needle with me.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rl4c-jr7g0

Spend 23 minutes of your life and really get educated on all of this. See how "great" a job the president has done.
    Give us 23 minutes on Cuomo on how horrible he was too. Be fair and balanced.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Give us 23 minutes on Cuomo on how horrible he was too. Be fair and balanced.
    You didn't even watch any of Oliver's segment i am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nicky please, numbers don't lie. Semantic arguments are of little value in the midst of rising death toll.

e.g. Georgia re-opened and had 2000 new confirmed cases in 3 days.

Talking about death not new cases Dr.

Does every case result in death?

Well?
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

So basically we have Posada and Me vs the entire liberal forum on here. Not fair and balanced enough....

I respect all but some of you make me laugh with your links and day to day comments like you all know better.

Just because most live in that area doesnít make you all hardened veterans of the front lines.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I donít understand why anyone in their right mind would vote for cuomo , he has not been a good governor . And his response to this pandemic hasnít been any better than trumpís at all . As governor of the state that is in the cross hairs of all our enemies he should have had his state prepared for a situation like this . But instead he was busy spending federal tax dollars on failed projects like a solar panel factory that is still sitting empty in upstate new York .

I, for the most part, agree with the second bolded statement.
    The second bolded then states you think Trump has also done a horrible job, because you have talked about Cuomo being terrible regarding his response.
    The first bolded would then also extend to Trump. Why would anyone in their right mind vote for a president who did a bad job regarding the pandemic. The commander in chief could and should have been more assertive in his suggestions to close down the state.

If trump and Cuomo are equal regarding the pandemic response, then why would we want a C&C who stinks in a crisis?

You just said Trump sucked.
    Deal with that.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So basically we have Posada and Me vs the entire liberal forum on here. Not fair and balanced enough....

I respect all but some of you make me laugh with your links and day to day comments like you all know better.

Just because most live in that area doesnít make you all hardened veterans of the front lines.
    No Mush. You and Posada have painted yourself into a corner out of which you can't move unless you state the obvious. Trump has not handled this well.

The fact that you find yourself remotely centrist, is ludicrous. You have turned into a MAGA poster child.
    Again, you are sitting on one end of the seesaw and anyone who isn't right next to you, is against you.
    You are a fool if you think 28, RC, Flimflam, Dayners are liberal. They just think trump has done a bad job at this.
    If you then I am far left, you are a fool. I have defended trump multiple times.

Just because everyone disagrees with your two opinions, doesn't make them one way or the other. It actually should display to you, if anything that your thought process needs an overhaul and that you are nowhere near the center you claim to be.

Ignorance is bliss