Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 249 of 627 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 9393
  1. #3721
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Biden claimed that "45 nations had already moved" to enforce travel restrictions with China "before the president moved."

    The extent of travel restrictions vary — from the suspension of visa programs to entry denial. According to one tracker of travel restrictions, Biden's 45 figure checks out. Other research shows that the number is around 36.

    Where Biden misleads is on the relative speed of the U.S. compared with others. The U.S. travel restriction came shortly after the WHO declared a public health emergency and around the same time as other nations, experts said. They all did it in the same 3 day period. The United States made an exemption for US nationals and green card holders.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Biden isn't the president. He's running for office and he sucks.

    Travel ban. Hooray. 1 small step that stayed small.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #3722
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    49,013
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Biden claimed that "45 nations had already moved" to enforce travel restrictions with China "before the president moved."

    The extent of travel restrictions vary — from the suspension of visa programs to entry denial. According to one tracker of travel restrictions, Biden's 45 figure checks out. Other research shows that the number is around 36.

    Where Biden misleads is on the relative speed of the U.S. compared with others. The U.S. travel restriction came shortly after the WHO declared a public health emergency and around the same time as other nations, experts said. They all did it in the same 3 day period. The United States made an exemption for US nationals and green card holders.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are we going to argue what Biden said that was roundabout correct? So 36, 40, 45. Who cares? The fact is Trump didn't officially ban travel to and from China until January 31st where as other countries had already acted and done so in various capacities.

    Looks like you copied and pasted that without a source btw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-28-2020 at 04:53 PM.

  3. #3723
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    49,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Biden isn't the president. He's running for office and he sucks.

    Travel ban. Hooray. 1 small step that stayed small.
    This is what i dont like. We've acknowledged the left has made mis steps here but everyone on the right wants Trump to get this huge pat on the back for banning travel to and from China. Okay, great.

    Like you said, where is the funding for testing? Where is the PPE? Why the daily briefings with misinformation, lies, etc? Where is the acknowledgement that the virus wasn't "one man in China"?

    If the president takes this seriously, lives are saved. The clear evidence is he didn't.

  4. #3724
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,060
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is what i dont like. We've acknowledged the left has made mis steps here but everyone on the right wants Trump to get this huge pat on the back for banning travel to and from China. Okay, great.

    Like you said, where is the funding for testing? Where is the PPE? Why the daily briefings with misinformation, lies, etc? Where is the acknowledgement that the virus wasn't "one man in China"?

    If the president takes this seriously, lives are saved. The clear evidence is he didn't.
    ....not to mention there is growing evidence he had intel as far back as late Nov. early Dec. that the virus was already spreading in China.

  5. #3725
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,969
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    The left is far from innocent in this. The experts are far from innocent in this. The majority dropped the ball. The writing was on the wall.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  6. #3726
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I heard Trump the patent for that from scientists in china and will now sue china because he found out it isn't true.

    (But he is keeping the monkey, it's his new chief of staff and that's an upgrade)
    None of this would surprise me at all lol

  7. #3727
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ....not to mention there is growing evidence he had intel as far back as late Nov. early Dec. that the virus was already spreading in China.
    So the president had info about this in Nov or Dec? Before the CDC and WHO (who were completely inept)? Then what’s it matter or not? He isn’t a doctor or scientist. They are dealing with something never before seen, it’s gonna take a while to figure it out, and the WHO seriously doubted person to person contact as late as late January, and said a travel ban would be ill advised and spread fear... then Jan 31 they changed their tune.

    And no one is saying to absolve the guy. Was he perfect? No. could he have done more? Probably, u can always do more. We are saying give the guy a break and stop spreading lies that he is acting maliciously. He and his team are dealing with a never before seen pandemic, give the guy some slack when his medical experts and scientists aren’t making any ground breaking discoveries. It seems like the governors are happy with him because he is helping them. The people with the issues are the democrat congressmen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #3728
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Are we going to argue what Biden said that was roundabout correct? So 36, 40, 45. Who cares? The fact is Trump didn't officially ban travel to and from China until January 31st where as other countries had already acted and done so in various capacities.

    Looks like you copied and pasted that without a source btw.
    Once again, u are talking about the course of a 2-3 day period. Very misleading.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #3729
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Biden isn't the president. He's running for office and he sucks.

    Travel ban. Hooray. 1 small step that stayed small.
    Once again... context. I mentioned Biden bc that’s most likely where Mets got the number... or another media outlet repeat Biden’s claim.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #3730
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    49,013
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Once again, u are talking about the course of a 2-3 day period. Very misleading.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was it a factual statement or not?

    I never presented a time frame so its not misleading. Not to mention, I can back up all the statements i made in that post with official articles. It doesn't change the fact that 40,000 people also traveled from China since the ban became official. It also doesn't change the slow response he had when it came to testing, PPE, and all the lies the president has told.

    Hey **** it. Let's just forget all of that though and consistently make it a partisan political issue.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-28-2020 at 06:15 PM.

  11. #3731
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Trump signs order to force the meat packing plants to stay open. Brilliant.
    Keep people with low wages, many of whom don't have insurance working regardless fo risk. And if they get sick with now insurance? Trump supporters get upset they need treatment but happily eat that burger.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...ic/ar-BB13kmP0

    “We only wish that this administration cared as much about the lives of working people as it does about meat, pork and poultry products,” said Stuart Appelbaum, President of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.

    There is other food besides meat. I eat tons but there is other food. And he did allow illegals to work the farms.

    This dude gets worse and worse. How about this. People pay more for meat that is processed in good environments and gives workers reasonable wages?



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #3732
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Once again... context. I mentioned Biden bc that’s most likely where Mets got the number... or another media outlet repeat Biden’s claim.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My point is it still shows nothing better about how Trump has responded. One small positive detail amidst a field of horse crap



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #3733
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,255
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    None of this would surprise me at all lol
    How fuming would that be.
    "This is Bobo. He's my new cheeeef-of-staff. You'll love him. He one of the smartest people I know."
    (Bobo whispers to president, that he isn't a person)

    "I just fired Bobo. He said he isn't a person but he is because I know people. I can't have that"



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #3734
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    49,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Trump signs order to force the meat packing plants to stay open. Brilliant.
    Keep people with low wages, many of whom don't have insurance working regardless fo risk. And if they get sick with now insurance? Trump supporters get upset they need treatment but happily eat that burger.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...ic/ar-BB13kmP0

    “We only wish that this administration cared as much about the lives of working people as it does about meat, pork and poultry products,” said Stuart Appelbaum, President of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union.

    There is other food besides meat. I eat tons but there is other food. And he did allow illegals to work the farms.

    This dude gets worse and worse. How about this. People pay more for meat that is processed in good environments and gives workers reasonable wages?
    Maybe the workers can clean the meat with disinfectant before injecting it into themselves.

  15. #3735
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Was it a factual statement or not?

    I never presented a time frame so its not misleading. Not to mention, I can back up all the statements i made in that post with official articles. It doesn't change the fact that 40,000 people also traveled from China since the ban became official. It also doesn't change the slow response he had when it came to testing, PPE, and all the lies the president has told.

    Hey **** it. Let's just forget all of that though and consistently make it a partisan political issue.
    “Wow I was technically right” but won’t add the fact that no credible news outlet will back it up bc they all happened in such a close time frame that its impossible to tell. You’re a real winner. The kid at the park, always making up their own rules so they win. So like I said... MISLEADING. You take one single thing and don’t even put in the complete sentence.


    And yes, he let back 40000 US citizens. And there was no test for it bc it was such a new virus... until private industry started working on it... privatized healthcare 1- socialized healthcare zero! PPE has been a problem since 9/11, the ventilator shortage was way overblown.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •