Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 627 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Italy's number of registered Covid-19 cases grows by 8.1%. First time it is down to single digit.

Today's death toll is 601 down from 651 & 793 in the previous two days.

Italy went into lockdown two weeks ago. Scientists said it would take two weeks to see some results.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    If big business didn't do stock buy backs or give out high multi million dollar bonuses, they probably wouldn't be in this situation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Looking at a graph of China's cases, they had about 3 or 4 weeks of total case count steadily climbing before it plateaud and stayed leveled off.
    We're about 2 weeks or so in. Hopefully another week or 2 and it'll calm the **** down. Obviously it won't be that quick for everyone to get treated/cured, but to at least stop the number from growing so rapidly.
    New York is ****ed. Even if/when baseball starts again I'd be surprised if fans are allowed at home games at all.

I agree that there shouldn't be buying their stock back, but some businesses do need help. I wouldn't mind seeing the travel and entertainment industry getting a reimbursement for paying its workers during this crises, rather then laying them all off. I'd pay them half of whatever monies they paid those who didn't work for the next two weeks, while they isolated themselves. After that , if they want to use the money that partially covered their losses to buy back stock, as a business decision, then that's on them.

As for the Democrats, there is no reason for forgiveness of student loans as part of the stimulus. It's just partisan pork at a time when the country has greater needs. Banks make a lot of money and they shouldn't profit on the pain of others. I wouldn't forgive any debt outright, but I'd extend all bank debt (student loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc.) for one month without any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Looking at a graph of China's cases, they had about 3 or 4 weeks of total case count steadily climbing before it plateaud and stayed leveled off.
    We're about 2 weeks or so in. Hopefully another week or 2 and it'll calm the **** down. Obviously it won't be that quick for everyone to get treated/cured, but to at least stop the number from growing so rapidly.
    New York is ****ed. Even if/when baseball starts again I'd be surprised if fans are allowed at home games at all.
    True. Unfortunately the US isn't there just yet. Most science based forecasts suggest 3-4 weeks or possibly longer before we see a peak. Also some suggest we could see a seasonal reemergence.

What happens next depends largely on us — our government, politicians, health institutions and,most important 328 million inhabitants of this country — all making tiny decisions on an daily basis with outsize consequences for our collective future. Imo, a huge mistake if the administration sticks with this 15 day fantasy they have been pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    True. Unfortunately the US isn't there just yet. Most science based forecasts suggest 3-4 weeks or possibly longer before we see a peak. Also some suggest we could see a seasonal reemergence.

What happens next depends largely on us — our government, politicians, health institutions and,most important 328 million inhabitants of this country — all making tiny decisions on an daily basis with outsize consequences for our collective future. Imo, a huge mistake if the administration sticks with this 15 day fantasy they have been pushing.
    The 15 day fantasy has already been thrown out the windows... I know my companies CEO had meetings with the President and the CDC... Now before that meeting.. the company plan was we all work remote for 2 weeks then react as needed...

Well, The day after the meeting.. the tune now is.. it appears that this will have run it's course by June.... That's a big change of tune in a short period of time.

But much like you said.. it'll take 3-4 weeks to plateau, then another week or 2 for decline.. until we reach the point where there is confidence that it's over...

And the worst part... NO BASEBALL UNTIL THEN....
    Last edited by evilemplover; 03-23-2020 at 06:36 PM.

As much as it sucks and I hate being stuck at home, it'd probably be best if they did a nationwide shutdown, monitored by police/army or whatever.
    Just force everything except for gas stations, hospitals and grocery stores to close.
    All other businesses, parks, whatever else, shut them down.
    I'm off the next 2 weeks paid. Guessing it'll prob turn into 2 months and I'll use my PTO. Luckily I have several projects around the house to do, some that could be rather time consuming. So during the week I'll be a stay at home dad since the wife can work from home, and do house stuff on the weekends.
    I might turn into mush though not being able to go out anywhere for a while. That's part of why I actually like work, it just gets me out for a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    The 15 day fantasy has already been thrown out the windows... I know my companies CEO had meetings with the President and the CDC... Now before that meeting.. the company plan was we all work remote for 2 weeks then react as needed...

Well, The day after the meeting.. the tune now is.. it appears that this will have run it's course by June.... That's a big change of tune in a short period of time.

But much like you said.. it'll take 3-4 weeks to plateau, then another week or 2 for decline.. until we reach the point where there is confidence that it's over...

Maybe by most rational, intelligent, sentient beings. But.....Did you hear today's presser?

As much as it sucks and I hate being stuck at home, it'd probably be best if they did a nationwide shutdown, monitored by police/army or whatever.
    Just force everything except for gas stations, hospitals and grocery stores to close.
    All other businesses, parks, whatever else, shut them down.

I'm off the next 2 weeks paid. Guessing it'll prob turn into 2 months and I'll use my PTO. Luckily I have several projects around the house to do, some that could be rather time consuming. So during the week I'll be a stay at home dad since the wife can work from home, and do house stuff on the weekends.
    I might turn into mush though not being able to go out anywhere for a while. That's part of why I actually like work, it just gets me out for a while lol.
    Or the businesses that supply the hospitals and food companies like mine does.

KC and the surrounding counties are shutting down starting at midnight, but my company is classified as an essential business so I still have to go in to work. Luckily our company is now going to system where we only work three days a week with full pay. Sucks I have to be out of the house three days a week, but can’t complain I still have a job.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Or the businesses that supply the hospitals and food companies like mine does.

KC and the surrounding counties are shutting down starting at midnight, but my company is classified as an essential business so I still have to go in to work. Luckily our company is now going to system where we only work three days a week with full pay. Sucks I have to be out of the house three days a week, but can’t complain I still have a job.
    Yes. You can also stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post

Pres Trump today: "America will again, and soon, be open for business....A lot sooner than 3 or 4 months that somebody was suggesting."

Dr. Fauci Friday: “I cannot see that all of a sudden, next wk or 2 wks from now it's going to be over...I think it's going to be several wks.”

Pres Trump today: "America will again, and soon, be open for business....A lot sooner than 3 or 4 months that somebody was suggesting."

Dr. Fauci Friday: “I cannot see that all of a sudden, next wk or 2 wks from now it's going to be over...I think it's going to be several wks.”
    Did he specify what "soon" meant? Bc I think it'll be several months before things start getting back to normal.

Did he specify what "soon" meant? Bc I think it'll be several months before things start getting back to normal.
    He's sticking to his 15 day timeline, which would reopen things next Monday!

Very sad and devastating.
    They are removing respirators from patients over 65 in Spain and giving them to younger patients. Seniors are then given sedatives so they don’t suffer. https://twitter.com/wellingmichael/s...91706677284870

He's sticking to his 15 day timeline, which would reopen things next Monday!
    Good news. Glad it's all going to blow over quicker than originally anticipated!