Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 209 of 627 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 9393
  1. #3121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post

    I respect those protesters more than the people willing to give up their freedom and liberties for many months on end . I personally rather die from the virus than from starvation due to running out of money because I canít go back to work and the economy is beyond repair
    I would expect that from a self centered, Trump worshipping, MAGA hat. The economy takes precedent over health and safety. A temporary inconvenience to freedom and liberty is a small price to pay when lives are at stake. But I imagine most MAGA hats have no problem putting a price on human life.

  2. #3122
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    To hell with the testing kits , they donít treat or cure the virus . All they do is give the damned govt , an excuse to shut down indefinitely . Start making the antibody tests instead
    Wow. You know what? You are actually an insult to the education system in this country and that is very tough to do.

    Ok.
    Let's look at this from you perspective. We use a smallish town, actually your town, for our experiment We don't test any kids. We pretend they don't get it. Nothing to see there. We do antibody tests to find out who's ready to work.
    2 kids are carriers. (We would have known if we'd tested.) Now here's the tricky part, remember, they asymptomatic. I know it's a big word so it means, they show no signs or symptoms of the disease but they can pass it on to others. They play with parents other kids, rub their noses and grab doors... you get the idea.

    How quickly will the number multiply? Ok. Good job. It will be fast.
    How long does the virus typically take to surface? Right 4-6 days seems to be the median but some are only carriers and some don't show signs for up to 14 days.
    So the virus moves in complete silence for 4 days and a few people show symptoms. But by now, you have a few hundred people with it.
    One of those people works with your parents..

    Dramatic? Yes. But that's how it happens.
    That is why we need a couple billion tests. We need to test and retest.
    I'm sure your response will be one of an indigent guffaw as you spout, "where are we going to get those tests and how long is it going to take?"

    My response? Ask the used, orange, douche bag in charge of the country. Because if he had started this process even 6 weeks ago, we would likely have enough of everything. But he didn't. He was busy worried about TV ratings.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #3123
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    44,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I respect those protesters more than the people willing to give up their freedom and liberties for many months on end . I personally rather die from the virus than from starvation due to running out of money because I canít go back to work and the economy is beyond repair
    Life , Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness. I agree with all three. As do you.
    My definition of life includes others than myself. Your's does not. Your definition of life is yours and if you can't do what you want, you will stomp your feet.

    I find it comical that you accuse some of us of "loving china" and "being communist sympathizers". The you will willingly throw people into a grave because your life is inconvenienced for a short period of time. You would rather kill your fellow Americans than suck it up, act like a man and deal with it.
    There's a word for that.

    Traitor

    You are a traitor.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #3124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,154
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    So why not ban international travel from other countries to the US altogether?

    If he was really protecting American citizens he would have ordered testing 6 weeks ago instead of his "One man in China" routine.

    This isn't solely about stopping the spread. If you know Trump's history when it comes to immigration, you can see that.

    Well in fairness to Trump about immigration and he always said one thing that is pretty simple.

    Why canít he enforce laws to begin with and what is wrong with him saying anybody can come to the US but do it legally?

    Again, what wrong with those two things?

    Come legally but laws should also be enforced and not filled with loopholes.....
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #3125
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Posada " Freedom and Liberties " are synonyms, just because you said freedom twice doesn't make you more eloquent. In a Democracy we have two things equally as important. Namely rights and duties. We have a constitution that protects are rights, and equally implied is our duties to one another. I have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as my rights don't imperil the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness of others. Those protesters need to balance their rights with their duties to others.

  6. #3126
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,154
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They're protesting because they think the government is infringing on their rights. They can believe that but many of them as are also protesting that premise while being misinformed about the virus. Irony is not your strong suit. Protesting through ignorance is exactly what the Klan does.
    Comparing that to the Klan is ignorant, and you all know if the left had an issue and wanted to protest you and your liberal friends would be saying they have the freedom to protest.

    Again, Michigan Gov was going overboard. You can still buy your pot but canít buy seeds for your gardens?

    You canít go to your 2nd house?

    Do I need to list the crap she authorized? And how she was acting like a dictator with her pie hole on tv with her presser...

    I get the social distancing, not arguing that but there are no rules saying you canít protest the Government during a crisis. It is one thing to blast them for not practicing social distancing but to turn it even more political and having more divide by calling it a Trump rally was ignorant on her part. And cherry picking with the nazi flag crap was even more ignorant. She know, you know that more American Flags were flying than any other flag. Total BS!

    And then she creates even more divide with her views that are against what Trump believes. Again, no issue with her beliefs but the way she uses her authority and having that platform to preach her lefty beliefs is not the time to do that crap.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #3127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wow. You know what? You are actually an insult to the education system in this country and that is very tough to do.

    Ok.
    Let's look at this from you perspective. We use a smallish town, actually your town, for our experiment We don't test any kids. We pretend they don't get it. Nothing to see there. We do antibody tests to find out who's ready to work.
    2 kids are carriers. (We would have known if we'd tested.) Now here's the tricky part, remember, they asymptomatic. I know it's a big word so it means, they show no signs or symptoms of the disease but they can pass it on to others. They play with parents other kids, rub their noses and grab doors... you get the idea.

    How quickly will the number multiply? Ok. Good job. It will be fast.
    How long does the virus typically take to surface? Right 4-6 days seems to be the median but some are only carriers and some don't show signs for up to 14 days.

    So the virus moves in complete silence for 4 days and a few people show symptoms. But by now, you have a few hundred people with it.
    One of those people works with your parents..

    Dramatic? Yes. But that's how it happens.
    That is why we need a couple billion tests. We need to test and retest.
    I'm sure your response will be one of an indigent guffaw as you spout, "where are we going to get those tests and how long is it going to take?"

    My response? Ask the used, orange, douche bag in charge of the country. Because if he had started this process even 6 weeks ago, we would likely have enough of everything. But he didn't. He was busy worried about TV ratings.
    Exponential spread once the ratio gets above 1.5, scary what happens and how quickly.

  8. #3128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,963
    Autopsy results show 2 people in CAówith NO travel historyódied from coronavirus on Feb 6 and 17, weeks earlier than the previously known 1st COVID19 death. Meaning: the virus has been spreading in the US since at least mid-JANUARY

    Coronavirus Death in California Came Weeks Before First Known U.S. Death
    The earliest U.S. deaths publicly attributed to the virus had been on Feb. 26, when two people died in the Seattle area. Santa Clara County said an autopsy showed a Feb. 6 death was also related.
    By Thomas Fuller and Mike Baker
    April 22, 2020
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/u...e=articleShare

  9. #3129
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,154
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    MIT Technology Review: The US needs to do 20 million tests a day to reopen safely, according to a new plan.
    Biotechnology Apr 20

    A group of experts has produced a plan for the US to reopen its economy safely this summer. However, itís contingent on doing at least 20 million tests every day, scaling up contact tracing, and ensuring that those who need to isolate can be properly supported.

    https://www.technologyreview.com/202...reopen-safely/

    Yea, yea, yea...

    The same experts(science) keep changing the numbers every week.

    We were told 300 million cases in Feb for the US. We were told 1-3 million deaths.

    Ever since then the numbers keep going lower.

    And here is the real kicker...

    There are more asymptomatic people out there then reported cases.

    Add that up with the reported cases and the death rate is even more lower.

    Well???????
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #3130
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    22,154
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No! It's about morality, ethics, tolerance, respect and NOT being ignorant.
    Respect? Lmao!

    Have you seen protests from the left certain issues?

    Respect my ***!

    Please Dr, stop while you are ahead....
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #3131
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Respect? Lmao!

    Have you seen protests from the left certain issues?

    Respect my ***!

    Please Dr, stop while you are ahead....
    Certainly when anarchists, anti Fa, black lives matter, the reaction to them often has been critical. That what I have seen and read. Your point is ?

  12. #3132
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,963
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Respect? Lmao!

    Have you seen protests from the left certain issues?

    Respect my ***!

    Please Dr, stop while you are ahead....
    Context Nick. My comment was in response to your labeling protest from the left as a matter of convenience, not so. It's more about ethical, moral and yes respect. In this case for human life!

    Imo your fatal flaw is lumping all dissonant thought into one universal catch all. The "left" has many adherents, from fairly radical revolutionists to some centrists. I believe if you took a more critical view of right leaning conservative thought you might find the same. In fact the most violent in the bunch, are the ultra right wing - white nationalists neo nazi. There are extremes on both sides of the fence. Critical thought required.

  13. #3133
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,635
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Comparing that to the Klan is ignorant, and you all know if the left had an issue and wanted to protest you and your liberal friends would be saying they have the freedom to protest.

    Again, Michigan Gov was going overboard. You can still buy your pot but canít buy seeds for your gardens?

    You canít go to your 2nd house?

    Do I need to list the crap she authorized? And how she was acting like a dictator with her pie hole on tv with her presser...

    I get the social distancing, not arguing that but there are no rules saying you canít protest the Government during a crisis. It is one thing to blast them for not practicing social distancing but to turn it even more political and having more divide by calling it a Trump rally was ignorant on her part. And cherry picking with the nazi flag crap was even more ignorant. She know, you know that more American Flags were flying than any other flag. Total BS!

    And then she creates even more divide with her views that are against what Trump believes. Again, no issue with her beliefs but the way she uses her authority and having that platform to preach her lefty beliefs is not the time to do that crap.
    Its the same concept. The Klan protests against black people and others through ignorant concepts of "they're destroying our country, they're destroying our white purity, etc". While protesters of this virus are saying "The government is lying about the virus to take our rights, the virus kills the same % of people as the flu, etc" . The message is different but the idiocy behind it is still the same. If you don't see the parallels, that's on you. They are clearly there.

    No one is saying you can't protest. Protest while being separated, wear masks while doing it, etc. There is no crime in being a moron. That said, many of these people are protesting taking none of those precautions and are now putting other people at risk. If one of those morons has the virus in a crowd of 2-300 people and they're all standing on top of each other, they could have easily spread it. And they don't have to have symptoms to be a carrier.

    Do you get that?

  14. #3134
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,963
    We need baseball!

  15. #3135
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,635
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well in fairness to Trump about immigration and he always said one thing that is pretty simple.

    Why canít he enforce laws to begin with and what is wrong with him saying anybody can come to the US but do it legally?

    Again, what wrong with those two things?

    Come legally but laws should also be enforced and not filled with loopholes.....
    I'm all for immigration reform. I'm just saying his enforcement isn't consistent. If you want to make a hard line stance, ban tourists as well. They can just as easily have the virus. Its not like many people are traveling to the states anyway so make it official.

    Banning legal immigration just looks like a way to follow through with something he's had an itch for anyways. Let's see what he does after 60 days. If the virus has dropped significantly at that point, he should re-instate legal immigration.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-22-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •