Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 627 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ^^Trump claimed to have enlisted the help of GM to make ventilators. We shall see. Also still waiting on the Google diagnostic website, that was "ready to roll out."

I have been reading about many small businesses volunteering to sew masks, gowns ect. In fact a few NYC designers have put their entire teams of seamsters to work on necessary PPE. Ordinary citizens in NYC, NJ and vicinity are bringing their personal supply of gloves, masks and other equipment to local hospitals. The American spirit is alive and well. The goodness and humanity surface during crisis.
    That's good to hear. I've seen a few posts online of random people taking boxes of gloves and whatnot to hospitals to donate.

It's too bad it takes bad stuff happening to bring everyone together.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    There is a distillery in Boston that changed its production to sanitize. The guy has kept his staff employed and is helping the community.
    I wish more and larger companies would follow suit. I would like to see the President force that. Today. Not tomorrow or in a week. Now.
    I would bet a car manufacturer can make ventilators for a couple months and we'd have a surplus.

I applaud his sending the navy ship but it will take weeks fo it to get there.

I applauded his comment that states should get things done as fast as they can and he would reimburse. He essentially cut all the red tape to make it easier to get equipment needs.
    But he then outbid the governor of Ma to get materials and patted the federal gov for winning bids. so he basically said you can have this, whoops, nope, you can't.

This is uncharted territory and mistakes will be made but if people can't acknowledge the good with the bad or the bad with the good, we deserve everything we get.
    There is a middle ground. The man has not done a poor of a job as the press is making out but he has also not done as great a job as some say.
    I personally hope he does a great job the rest of the way.
    Other large companies are doing that(making sanitizer). Anheuser Busch comes to mind. GM/Ford/Tesla are all supposed to be in process of helping build ventilation machines. So, the process is starting.

The USS comfort was at sea for 6 months in the Caribbean and South America. So it's currently in Port in Virginia under going necessary maintenance. So it may be a few more weeks before it is ready to go. The one headed to Seattle should be leaving CA in the next day or two.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 03-22-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

If anyone is wondering how the US is compared with the spread of the virus to other countries. It's obvious the current administration and states have done a horrible job in containing the spread.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    If anyone is wondering how the US is compared with the spread of the virus to other countries. It's obvious the current administration and states have done a horrible job in containing the spread.

Well the good sign is New York has 15,770 confirmed cases and only 114 deaths which is less thst 1%. Italy has a 9% death rate. Trying to find a silver lining.

Gotta flatten the curve.

Damn States do as they please.

If they got on board sooner we could have had sports by May.

Now I feel this will wipe out the entire MLB season.....

So much for Cole in 2020....

Well, at least I have Tampa Tom!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-22-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

You canít possibly believe China and their fabricated numbers.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You canít possibly believe China and their fabricated numbers.
    Most countries numbers probably are not 100% correct anyway. Certainly not the US either since not everyone who has symptoms has been tested. It would increase the # of cases and also lower the death rate. It's just a comparison of countries in general. China put a very strict stay in place order, so it's very possible they have it under control. I have no idea, I'm not there. Hard to speculate what's going on there, as far away as I am.

Well the good sign is New York has 15,770 confirmed cases and only 114 deaths which is less thst 1%. Italy has a 9% death rate. Trying to find a silver lining.

Gotta flatten the curve.

I told you all last week that there would be no baseball this season but people said I was nuts .

Btw the Democrats are holding up the stimulus package that would help the people the most . And yet only trump is getting trashed.

Gotta flatten the curve.

How do states get on board, when it first started the federal government brushed it off like it wasn't a big deal at first?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Other large companies are doing that(making sanitizer). Anheuser Busch comes to mind. GM/Ford/Tesla are all supposed to be in process of helping build ventilation machines. So, the process is starting.

The USS comfort was at sea for 6 months in the Caribbean and South America. So it's currently in Port in Virginia under going necessary maintenance. So it may be a few more weeks before it is ready to go. The one headed to Seattle should be leaving CA in the next day or two.

I don't think Bush could because of the alcohol involved. but Jim Beam and companies like that, totally could
    That's great news about the boat to Seattle

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't think Bush could because of the alcohol involved. but Jim Beam and companies like that, totally could
    That's great news about the boat to Seattle
    Bush is making it..

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/anheus...avirus-crisis/

I love how the Fckn media tells Trump about a slow US response but they wonít bring up Chinaís very slow response THAT CAUSED THE WHOLE DAMN PANDEMIC to begin with...

The US tried to help back in Dec yet they were turned away....Drís and media members in China disappeared but None of the media talks about that.

I have no issue blaming Trump with things he can cause but THIS ONE WAS NOT CAUSED BY TRUMP.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-22-2020 at 08:07 PM.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Trying to assign blame to ANYONE at this point is absolutely useless. The virus is here and a very big concern for everyone. Lets work on a solution rather than looking for someone to blame

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Trying to assign blame to ANYONE at this point is absolutely useless. The virus is here and a very big concern for everyone. Lets work on a solution rather than looking for someone to blame
    Bullspit!

When Trump does something wrong he gets blamed to no end. This is a major Global crisis and it ORGINATED IN CHINA!

If they took care of this initially then it would have been slowed.

Iíll remember the blame game when Cashman does something that goes bad.........

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Bullspit!

When Trump does something wrong he gets blamed to no end. This is a major Global crisis and it ORGINATED IN CHINA!

If they took care of this initially then it would have been slowed.

Iíll remember the blame game when Cashman does something that goes bad.........
    Who cares where it ****ing originated, seriously. The fact is, it's here. We need to be doing more to stop the spread of the virus. Your take on this is ****ing terrible.

Trump said today they took 3 months for China to inform him of it. If that's true, how could have offered them help, like you're shouting?

I have not seen ONE person in America blame Trump for the virus itself. That's just an asinine statement. If you have actual proof of said statement, I will gladly retract this statement and admit being wrong.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 03-22-2020 at 09:13 PM.