Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 170 of 627 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    First bolded- That proves he knew there was a serious issue. He offered to help China, which is good. But that means, he knew something was going down and instead of preparing us, he denied it would happen here.

Second bolded. Stop. He did not "ban" travel. He "restricted". Big difference or as the orange man would say, a yuuuuge difference. Those restrictions did not even stop flights coming directly from china here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/u...trictions.html

"Since Chinese officials disclosed the outbreak of a mysterious pneumonialike illness to international health officials on New Year’s Eve, at least 430,000 people have arrived in the United States on direct flights from China, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after President Trump imposed restrictions on such travel, according to an analysis of data collected in both countries."

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/th...-restrictions/

"For starters, health experts say Trump was wrong to refer to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban,” as he did in a telephone interview on March 4 with Fox News’ Sean Hannity. During a town hall on March 5, Trump said he “closed down the borders to China and to other areas that are very badly affected.” That’s not accurate.

As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S.

At a House subcommittee hearing on the coronavirus on Feb. 5, Ron Klain, White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue with the characterization of the travel restrictions as a travel “ban.”

“We don’t have a travel ban,” Klain said. “We have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn.”"

Think about this. He thought it was scary enough to want travel restrictions but didn't want to get tests made and get PPEs ready? So he recognized the danger- (ie, he knew the quiz was coming.) Ad he didn't prepare.
    So you are saying 3 months ago trump knew more than the rest of the world about the virus ? I mean the rest of the world did NOTHING about the virus at that time including WHO and China , and yet somehow trump knew more than everyone else who was downplaying it and calling him Xenophobic For enacting travel “bans”. . Do you realize how little sense that makes ?

WTF is going on!! This psychopath is apparently trying to incite riots or armed rebellion in states where Democratic Governors are trying to protect citizens lives. He's calling for armed rebellion! Just what his well armed base is waiting to hear!

What happened to yesterdays message " I am leaving it up to the governors to decide ?" Only GOP governors have the option?

This is getting very dangerous.

What the **** is happening?

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!

https://twitter.com/votolatino/statu...947648/photo/1
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-17-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Interesting? How the hell did you twist “no **** Sherlock” which I fact is a statement that it originated in China to me deflecting blame?
    I was actually confirming your statement but you did actually twist a statement of agreement into one of disagreement. Talk about twisting words to suit a narrative?

You k ow after that, you may not even qualify to be representative of the education system here
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    So you are saying 3 months ago trump knew more than the rest of the world about the virus ? I mean the rest of the world did NOTHING about the virus at that time including WHO and China , and yet somehow trump knew more than everyone else who was downplaying it and calling him Xenophobic For enacting travel “bans”. . Do you realize how little sense that makes ?
    Did you know what the pos above was referring to when you incorrectly challenged it?

No. Read. Then you might want to read again to make sure you understood.
    I am not saying Trump knew more. I never said that. Again, read. You may also want to look at the whole conversation.
    What I said was that this was a pop quiz for the whole world. The difference is China got the quiz as a complete surprise and didn't do well.
    Trump however, knew the quiz was coming and still decided not to prepare.

I said the fact that he put out travel "restrictions" and still did no more to stop its spread (aside from, "It won't come here, We have it under control, It will be gone soon". (No not direct quotes but that's the general idea h e put forth))
    If he thought it serious enough to have restrict travel, why didn't he do more to prepare?
    Because he's a fool

I know, if someone told me to expect a surprise quiz on a topic of which I was un certain, I'd at least try to get ready.

I know you wouldn't. As I said, you are product of the educational system and it's why you can't see past your orange colored glasses.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    WTF is going on!! This psychopath is apparently trying to incite riots or armed rebellion in states where Democratic Governors are trying to protect citizens lives. He's calling for armed rebellion! Just what his well armed base is waiting to hear!

What happened to yesterdays message " I am leaving it up to the governors to decide ?" Only GOP governors have the option?

He wants martial law.
    I presume he comments later that he would never incite violence.
    But he did.

Hey George, what do you think of the president inciting rebellion within his own country?

edit- the good news is n one of the networks are running with it. Hopefully it's a fake.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 04-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Did you know what the pos above was referring to when you incorrectly challenged it?

No. Read. Then you might want to read again to make sure you understood.
    I am not saying Trump knew more. I never said that. Again, read. You may also want to look at the whole conversation.
    What I said was that this was a pop quiz for the whole world. The difference is China got the quiz as a complete surprise and didn't do well.
    Trump however, knew the quiz was coming and still decided not to prepare.

I said the fact that he put out travel "restrictions" and still did no more to stop its spread (aside from, "It won't come here, We have it under control, It will be gone soon". (No not direct quotes but that's the general idea h e put forth))
    If he thought it serious enough to have restrict travel, why didn't he do more to prepare?
    Because he's a fool

I know, if someone told me to expect a surprise quiz on a topic of which I was un certain, I'd at least try to get ready.

I know you wouldn't. As I said, you are product of the educational system and it's why you can't see past your orange colored glasses.
    Yeah you said trump should have done more than the bans he was attacked for when NOONE outside of China was doing a damned thing about the virus . So that would assume trump knew more about the virus 2 or 3 months ago than Fauci did that that time or anyone outside of China did . All the info about the virus that was coming the US 2 to 3 months ago was based on the deeply flawed and incomplete info from China and WHO . And only now are we all learning how truly bad the virus was 4 months ago in China .

Dr, when and where did he say he wants a rebellion vs Dem Gov’s?

He praised California and New York, New Jersey Gov yesterday...

You people can’t interpret anything.

Again, show me
    Where and when he said that Dr.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    This is what Trump tweeted during cuomos press conference when he was asking the government for more assistance. Instead of something along the lines of, 'I'll do whatever it takes to help.'

Governor Cuomo should spend more time “doing” and less time “complaining”. Get out there and get the job done. Stop talking! We built you thousands of hospital beds that you didn’t need or use, gave large numbers of Ventilators that you should have had, and helped you with........testing that you should be doing. We have given New York far more money, help and equipment than any other state, by far, & these great men & women who did the job never hear you say thanks. Your numbers are not good. Less talk and more action!
    This was cuomos response upon learning of the tweet.

"If he's still at home watching TV, maybe he should get up" and go to work, @NYGovCuomo says.
    Pretty good come back if you ask me. And I'm most definitely not a Cuomo fan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So where are the protests in NewYork or California?

Why just Whitmer?

Calling protesters irresponsible is a joke.

You can’t buy seeds for gardens but you can still buy your pot?

Come on, she is political with this and she needed to be called out...her measures were too stringent.

This wasn’t a Trump rally directed towards her. That was her trying to deflect blame...

Save it Whitmer, you are a disgrace!

I give props to Gov Cuomo and Gov Newsom, they have been terrific during this crisis.
    The protestor in Michigan are 100% being irresponsible. After subjecting myself to FOX News for 15 minutes last night though, I can see why you feel otherwise. This is a highly infectious disease and people are gathering in large groups and blocking the roads to everywhere around them, including hospitals.

Use your head.

He wants martial law.
    I presume he comments later that he would never incite violence.
    But he did.

Hey George, what do you think of the president inciting rebellion within his own country?
    Inciting rebellion? Come on the rebellion started BEFORE those tweets . If anyone is inciting rebellion it’s the media for airing footage of it and the Michigan governor for folding to the protestors there so quickly . I mean the media has been airing and reporting those protests for days now to hundreds of millions of homes but trump’s tweets are what will cause more rebellion and martial law ? Come on . Thing is the longer this lock down lasts the greater the chance rebellions will start up regardless what trump says . People will get tired of being locked down and will stop listening to govt orders until martial law must be called . So this is precisely why this country needs to start opening back up as soon as possible .

Mush, China did a bad job.
    Trump has done a worse job.
    I really don't think it is safe to say Trump has done a worse job than China. They've both ****ed up for sure but this virus originated in China, whose officials lied about it and covered it up for who knows how long. Not to mention that forcefully barricading people in their own homes or forcefully snatching them up and quarantining them is not as easy as a solution in a non-Communist country (and we should be glad of that).

I know everyone hates Trump and wants someone to direct their angst at but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    This is what Trump tweeted during cuomos press conference when he was asking the government for more assistance. Instead of something along the lines of, 'I'll do whatever it takes to help.'

This was cuomos response upon learning of the tweet.

Pretty good come back if you ask me. And I'm most definitely not a Cuomo fan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Cuomo’s response was not a bad one but trump was right . Cuomo has been mostly talk and not enough action

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Clown, it was about her stringent measures, they were over the top.

Where are the protests in New York and California?

Trump supporters live there too.

She is defecting blame.
    How exactly are her measures more over the top than those being implemented in NY & CA?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I really don't think it is safe to say Trump has done a worse job than China. They've both ****ed up for sure but this virus originated in China, whose officials lied about it and covered it up for who knows how long. Not to mention that forcefully barricading people in their own homes or forcefully snatching them up and quarantining them is not as easy as a solution in a non-Communist country (and we should be glad of that).

I know everyone hates Trump and wants someone to direct their angst at but come on.

I really don’t see how trump screwed up when his actions were mostly based on flawed info coming from China and WHO.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!

What a ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Inciting rebellion? Come on the rebellion started BEFORE those tweets . If anyone is inciting rebellion it’s the media for airing footage of it and the Michigan governor for folding to the protestors there so quickly . I mean the media has been airing and reporting those protests for days now to hundreds of millions of homes but trump’s tweets are what will cause more rebellion and martial law ? Come on . Thing is the longer this lock down lasts the greater the chance rebellions will start up regardless what trump says . People will get tired of being locked down and will stop listening to govt orders until martial law must be called . So this is precisely why this country needs to start opening back up as soon as possible .
    Right, so the president tweeting Liberate Virginia. Liberate Michigan.
    Is not adding any fuel to the fire? None?
    You obviously were the red hat if you cannot see why those tweets are inflammatory.

And if there are riots, the military will be used to stop them. Because they are federal, he will have control

On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

Ignorance is bliss