Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 159 of 627 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 9393
  1. #2371
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're always going to have extremists on both sides. I am sure there are Democrats who feel that way. That said, most people are realistic about needing to get back to work, although how we work is going to be different as well. Not just based on how we go to work (wearing PPE, giving proper distance to coworkers, etc) but the amount of jobs available. Small town America is going to be hit very hard by this.


    There is a very difficult line to toe here. If you make a premature decision, you put people's lives at risk. If you wait too long to open the economy, you put more people out of work. There are ways to alleviate the latter though. The former is not as easy.

    You can pass legislation to help people through trying times. You can't bring people back to life.

    The problem?

    A little speculation: Even if Trump waits for the last case to be solved the media would still say he reopened up the Country too soon and put everybody at risk....But the idiotic media will and has I gnored the risks China put on the entire World with their delay in response to the virus that was unleashed in Wuhan.

    Is he suppose to wait until the vaccine is ready for the public?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 04-16-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  2. #2372
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,299

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Interesting? How the hell did you twist ďno **** SherlockĒ which I fact is a statement that it originated in China to me deflecting blame?
    I was actually confirming your statement but you did actually twist a statement of agreement into one of disagreement. Talk about twisting words to suit a narrative?

    You k ow after that, you may not even qualify to be representative of the education system here
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I said weeks ago that this virus was man made , I just wasnít sure if it was intentionally released or not . And no one believed me. As for that legalization that the Republican from Missouri is trying to pass , I doubt it goes anywhere. The Dems and RINOS would never allow it , because if it passed then they and the media wouldnít be able to keep attacking trump for the US response to this pandemic .
    Yes. They did believe you. I actually said that that thought had occurred to me and I wouldn't shocked but until evidence proved otherwise, I was going to believe the scientists who have provided sufficient data to show that it is likely a naturally occurring disease.

    Why China would intentionally leak this and cripple their own economy? I don't know.


    As far as suing China? Really? China will likely say, F off. Then what? Trump declares war over it?
    Trump talked about suing Trump over a week ago so this senator is only following orders and introducing it so someone else has their name attached.

    Trump dropped the ball and is looking for someone to blame and take attention off himself.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #2374
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Mush your going to love this. According to Fox news the R- senator from Missouri is going to introduce legislation to congress that calls for a US led investigative committee to find out exactly what happened in China with this virus. He said he has seen enough "evidence" that this didn't just happen naturally from people eating bats ect. He said that many believe it was a bio weapon that either got away from them or was purposely introduced. He also said part of the legislation would allow people that have been directly affected by this virus to be able to sue the Chinese government. He also wants the US government to pursue reimbursement for the trillions of dollars this has cost us. His idea is that they would wipe out a portion of our debt we owe China
    IMO, I do not think this virus was purposely released. I believe a scientist In the lab got it inadvertently on something and he walked out of the lab with it as you canít see it....Obv It is very contagious. One person can start the epidemic. Once it got out somebody high in authority found out as people were getting suddenly sick beyond normal. This obviously got out of hand. Why were people silenced? Why did some disappear or pass away suddenly? These people were whistleblowers. It started to spread unknowingly in the beginning as the incubation period is 10-14 days. People from Wuhan obviously traveled around the World. The rest is history.

    And there is a wet market 300 yards away from that Lab in Wuhan. So many possibilities......but IMO this just didnít pop out of the ground because of global warming and some virus that was frozen 300 million years ago melted and was unleashed......
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  5. #2375
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There have been rumors about this virus being man made since it spread here. That's not new news. Its always been about how credible that theory was and so far its been nothing but extremist speculation and conspiracy.

    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...vid-19-origins



    https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/0...n-of-covid-19/



    This didn't start in some lab. The scientific evidence points to it coming from animals that are known to carry strains of COV-2. All of that is a smoke screen and **** Fox News would use rile up their right wing constituency.

    This is the type of dangerous misinformation the world doesn't need.
    How do you know it didnt start in a lab?

    Maybe you got misinformation as well.....you seem to only believe in certain scientists theories.

    You ever think about the other side of the coin?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 04-16-2020 at 08:01 AM.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  6. #2376
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    IMO, I do not think this virus was purposely released. I believe a scientist In the lab got it inadvertently on something and he walked out of the lab with it as you canít see it....Obv It is very contagious. One person can start the epidemic. Once it got out somebody high in authority found out as people were getting suddenly sick beyond normal. This obviously got out of hand. Why were people silenced? Why did some disappear or pass away suddenly? These people were whistleblowers. It started to spread unknowingly in the beginning as the incubation period is 10-14 days. People from Wuhan obviously traveled around the World. The rest is history.

    And there is a wet market 300 yards away from that Lab in Wuhan. So many possibilities......but IMO this just didnít pop out of the ground because of global warming and some virus that was frozen 300 million years ago melted and was unleashed......
    You say one person can start the epidemic but you want car washes open ? Hmmmmm.

  7. #2377
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    215,000 tests in Florida so far. 191,000 came back NEGATIVE.

    22,000 cases in Florida.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  8. #2378
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,299
    Ok, a little logic here.
    For those who continually say that Trump has done a decent job because no one knew how to handle it and if he's been bad, they all have been bad.
    How can you point the finger and blame China and WHO for they response or lack of?

    If Trump couldn't deal with this because "no one has eve had to deal with it".
    Why should China have know how to perfectly deal? Why isn't that country afforded the same leeway given to the President?

    WAS CHINA"S RESPONSE GOOD? NO. But for a moment consider certain parallels

    1-China doesn't really say anything because they don't know what it is or if it's a concern.
    2-China downplays it and says it's under control. They release a "Don't worry" message and a "We've got this" message
    3-China says, "Um, yeah, it's kind of bad. We are going to deal with this now and the world should know its coming"
    4- China get the virus at least under control and warns of possible second and third waves. He sends masks and ventilators to other countries to help.


    1-Our president for months after knowing the possibility and actually after having cases here, says, "It's not coming here"
    2-As more cases come in, our president says "It's not going to be bad", "It will go away in the warm weather". "We don't have to worry"
    3-As the disease hits hard, our president is playing politics and not utilizing his powers for the greater good but rather to inflame dialogues. He continues to mislead and twist medical facts. He ignores experts.
    4-Rather than focus on public health, he again defies the experts and talks about reopening the country. He then misrepresents the constitution and his own power. He blames democrats for bad press and trying to hurt his reelection bid.
    He blames China and threatens a suit.
    (He does 1-4 and still says, he's handled it well)


    So If our president can't be held accountable for his handling of this, how can you blame China. Their responses were very, very similar until the last part.

    And let's be clear, if this happened here, would he have run to the press and said that we had a deadly virus that was a world threat? Or would he have kept it quiet ? I'll wait for the last answer.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #2379
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    You say one person can start the epidemic but you want car washes open ? Hmmmmm.
    Again, you never come in contact with anybody...what donít you understand?
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  10. #2380
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    215,000 tests in Florida so far. 191,000 came back NEGATIVE.

    22,000 cases in Florida.
    Open up the economy in Florida then cause New Yorkers need some sun.

  11. #2381
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Again, you never come in contact with anybody...what donít you understand?
    It's speaks to opening up non essential businesses.

  12. #2382
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Well it is an argument for reopening the schools ASAP.
    Speaking of George Carlin?

    Listen to his germs rant.

    Hilarious and true.....
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  13. #2383
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,299
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    IMO, I do not think this virus was purposely released. I believe a scientist In the lab got it inadvertently on something and he walked out of the lab with it as you canít see it....Obv It is very contagious. One person can start the epidemic. Once it got out somebody high in authority found out as people were getting suddenly sick beyond normal. This obviously got out of hand. Why were people silenced? Why did some disappear or pass away suddenly? These people were whistleblowers. It started to spread unknowingly in the beginning as the incubation period is 10-14 days. People from Wuhan obviously traveled around the World. The rest is history.

    And there is a wet market 300 yards away from that Lab in Wuhan. So many possibilities......but IMO this just didnít pop out of the ground because of global warming and some virus that was frozen 300 million years ago melted and was unleashed......
    Mush, are you aware that one of the biggest fears of virologists? My Bio teacher was a Russian pandemic, bio warfare specialist. That was one of the only things she'd talk about with a serious tone.

    To be clear, I am not dismissing your theory. I wouldn't be shocked. It's snowing in Ma, on 4-16, so everything is possible
    Right now, all evidence points to a natural occurring virus.

    I also agree with your thoughts on the spread. I posted something regarding their response and ours. They are very similar. We need to stop angrily blaming China. If we weren't supposed to know how to deal, why should they?



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #2384
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes. They did believe you. I actually said that that thought had occurred to me and I wouldn't shocked but until evidence proved otherwise, I was going to believe the scientists who have provided sufficient data to show that it is likely a naturally occurring disease.

    Why China would intentionally leak this and cripple their own economy? I don't know.


    As far as suing China? Really? China will likely say, F off. Then what? Trump declares war over it?
    Trump talked about suing Trump over a week ago so this senator is only following orders and introducing it so someone else has their name attached.

    Trump dropped the ball and is looking for someone to blame and take attention off himself.
    Clown, China would never intentionally leak a virus. It was done inadvertently IMO. That is why there was a coverup and the WHO defending them.
    Probably the best Pearl Jam concert performance
    PINKPOP 1992

    1. Even Flow
    2. Why Go
    3. Jeremy
    4. Alive
    5. Black
    6.Leash
    7.Once
    8. Porch
    9. Rockin the Free World


  15. #2385
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,299
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Open up the economy in Florida then cause New Yorkers need some sun.




    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •