Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 146 of 627 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 9393
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown, you are much more critical than I. All the pundits had it wrong, hell even Vegas got it wrong! How often does Vegas get the line wrong? Never! Bernie Bros abandoned the party because their panties were in a bunch. Comey announcement was a another nail, maybe the penultimate, in her coffin. There was clearly a confluence of events that contributed. Were they confident? Yes. Was it overconfidence that led to her demise? Not imo.

World leaders looked on incredulously, bracing themselves to deal with a man who has pledged to reconsider decades-old international alliances and trade pacts.

Let's not forget more people in the country voted for her than against her!

Clinton lost because her campaign made a fatal miscalculation: That the American electorate was growing so much more diverse, so fast, that it couldn’t possibly fare worse with working-class white voters than the country’s first black president had in 2012. The electoral coalition was easy to imagine.

But it proved imaginary precisely because those working-class whites—who for decades have been slowly but surely drifting away from a coastal Democratic Party elite they view as economically and culturally out of touch with their needs—found his populist, protectionist rhetoric spoke directly to them.
    Critical of Hilary? Perhaps but it was also observation. She had her victory celebration in swing or at least it looked like it. It also looked to me like people were celebrating that we had elected a woman president and people were feeling special.
    I think she was way over confident and so were here people. She did't camping in may areas and it was a bad look.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The media is a fckn disgrace!

The Dems were calling him xenophobic on Jan 31 for the ban.

Were was the worry from the Dem then?

Like Jan 15?

No matter what he does is wrong.

Here is the difference....

Obama got a free pass everyday until the final few months in his 2nd term while Trump gets grilled everyday by these disgraceful morons that are called the media.
    What is truly disgraceful is how people on this board listen to those morons in the media , word for word .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What is truly disgraceful is how people on this board listen to those morons in the media , word for word .
    Pot I'd like you to meet kettle.

As he parrots the party line verbatim.

Nicky two words......tan suit.

Pot I'd like you to meet kettle.

As he parrots the party line verbatim.
    I have stated time and time again that both sides suck . Meanwhile you and other keep parroting everything the media says word for word .

Downward trend of cases and deaths recently. Good to see.

Trumps task force to reopen America - not ONE scientist, no medical representation. But we have Jared and Ivanka, Wilbur and Kudlow deciding the fate of the country. Whewww now I can relax and breath deep.....knowing full well it may be my last!
    Dr, you act like they would be doing this on their own?

You damn well know Trump will get advised by experts who know when it is the right time.

But with some of you people the Country should never open.

Dr, when is the right time in your opinion?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Good news today! New Covid cases per day in the US appear to have peaked.

Lockdowns and physical distancing are paying off. However we must not get complacent.

Sadly, even though new cases/day have flattened, deaths will continue to rise for weeks.
    Well, obviously deaths will rise because of the 2 week lag.

Hopefully by May 1 the deaths start dropping precipitously.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 04-14-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mush, I am not being a smart azz by this comment but my life hasn't changed that much. As you said, I go to get groceries and booze. I do my run or bike ride. I walk my dog. I teach online. I play my ps4.
    I will start fishing because season is open, I may start surfing soon.
    Most of my activities are ones I do alone and can easily keep 20 feet away from others.

Thankfully , my wife has her job and is working from home.

I live a family simple life. I don't really like to go out. I would rather sit in the woods.
    Obviously everybody’s lifestyles are different from one another. My point is you can’t even go to the movies, a restaurant, the gym, some golf courses(why not golf?), schools, visit your relatives in nursing homes, go to the dentist, go to the library, go to Disney World, Busch Gardens, Universal, water parks, a basic car wash, and all kinds of other activities people do day in day out.

This did not happen with those other events you listed Clown.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 04-14-2020 at 05:12 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Charles Adler
    @charlesadler
    · 19h
    Push back came from Trump himself. #Fauci had to defer because Trump was and is his boss. Nothing more tragic than deference to legal authority in absence of moral authority. In a better world, science would not be muzzled by moral buffoons.

In a nutshell.
    Dr, again, where was the demand from Pelosi and Schumer who seem to criticize Trump on EVERYTHING he does.

Where was their warnings to the Country?

Those two idiots are always front and center with every damn issue and yet they were church mouse quiet in Jan about Coronvirus and the possibility of affecting the US. They get information 24/7 about all kinds of issues Dr.

So where was their warnings on their little Pressers in Dec, Jan?

All I saw from Pelosi was her talking about how safe it is in Chinatown after Trump put out the China ban on Jan 31.

Come Dr, this is a little different than the normal event that can cripple the entire World.

You act like every goddamn scientist and medical expert were pounding their fist on Trump’s desk about Coronvirus.

Give me a break! Nobody knew the extent of this u til it was too late..

Since then EVERY opposition to trump has been playing MONDAY MORNING QB with Coronvirus.

Always after the fact.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 04-14-2020 at 05:20 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No the ******** comes from Trump's nepotism. You don't create a council like that where the soul, vested interest is Donald's agenda. Objective decisions don't come from your daughter, son in law, etc with not one scientist or medical doctor understanding the more significant ramifications.

I give Mush credit. At least he understands the significance of this virus. He may be over dramatic but he does.

You have no clue.

I hope the states make their own decisions, except that moron in Florida. Holy ****, remove that man as governor.
    I’d wait until June 1 if I was the Gov of Florida... I live here and see what is happening. This State has many elderly folks living here and they need to be protected.

And I’m appalled at the lack of urgency from the damn people who continue to be out and about...it looks normal out on the roads? You'retelling me all of those people at 7am are going to places that are deemed essential?

Florida is a joke with the Coronvirus and you will see a high death rate in the next 2 weeks....
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Interesting? How the hell did you twist “no **** Sherlock” which I fact is a statement that it originated in China to me deflecting blame?
    I was actually confirming your statement but you did actually twist a statement of agreement into one of disagreement. Talk about twisting words to suit a narrative?

You k ow after that, you may not even qualify to be representative of the education system here
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I have stated time and time again that both sides suck . Meanwhile you and other keep parroting everything the media says word for word .
    That's kind of funny. Doc and I just disagreed on something. I also questioned something he posted and he posted more reliable info from multiple sources and I was happy to see that.
    Each of us have agreed with comments Mush has made regarding politics.
    Each of us have echoed your feeling that the media paints a picture.

Perhaps we are not the ones "parroting". A term I presume you took from Cuomo's outburst when he referred to republicans feeling the need to "parrot" things they didn't believe.
    So you read an article or part of it and thought you'd like to work in that word. Good job. You used it correctly but not accurately.

Why do you keep using the word suck for your description of both sides? (Same reason I use it? because It's accurate?)

Yes, you have made it clear you don't like either side but you have yet to make a negative comment about how the C&C has handled this, even though George, he said he has the power to supersede the governors. I didn't think he had that total power. Neither did you.

You still haven't owned up to the above post. (Weak)

Ignorance is bliss

I’d wait until June 1 if I was the Gov of Florida... I live here and see what is happening. This State has many elderly folks living here and they need to be protected.

And I’m appalled at the lack of urgency from the damn people who continue to be out and about...it looks normal out on the roads? You'retelling me all of those people at 7am are going to places that are deemed essential?

Florida is a joke with the Coronvirus and you will see a high death rate in the next 2 weeks....

Mush, did you see the Miami herald stuff? I read they were trying to sue him to get him to release the numbers, not names, of those in retirement communities and rest homes because he hasn't reported them.
    He strong armed the attorneys and hey backed down but the herald is still going after him.

Being there, how hot of a topic is that?

It makes sense he's terrified to release those numbers.
    It's also insane that "Covid doesn't seem to affect kids" so we open the schools. What about the teachers? What about the parents and grandparents of those kids? What about everyone else this kids contact directly or
    indirectly ?
    It's unreal that people this stupid get into positions of power.

Ignorance is bliss

Obviously everybody’s lifestyles are different from one another. My point is you can’t even go to the movies, a restaurant, the gym, some golf courses(why not golf?), schools, visit your relatives in nursing homes, go to the dentist, go to the library, go to Disney World, Busch Gardens, Universal, water parks, a basic car wash, and all kinds of other activities people do day in day out.

This did not happen with those other events you listed Clown.
    True. It did not happen with those events. This is a very different thing.

Regrading your post to Doc, Pelosi is horrible. I have said that over and over. She's as guilty of politicizing things as much as Trump is. Shumer isn't as bad as her but he's been weak.

They are all way too concerned with election and party lines and not enough with people.

I wish people looked at and voted on policy alone and not party.

Ignorance is bliss

Dr, you act like they would be doing this on their own?

You damn well know Trump will get advised by experts who know when it is the right time.

But with some of you people the Country should never open.

Dr, when is the right time in your opinion?
    I'm no epidemiology expert Nick. I'm a shrink. Imo at the very least there should be few if any new cases and more important, testing must be done on a much larger scale. We also need extensive serological testing to determine immunity. At this stage it's not clear if and how long immunity even lasts, antibody research will provide those clues.