Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 145 of 627 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I can only assume he (trump) may want to move more quickly than the governors. Based on Cuomo presser it seems they will be working together and the decisions will be collectively agreed upon.
    If I was a betting man, I say he's looking at May 1st. I can picture it in his press conference like "May 1st will be a beautiful day, a wonderful day, etc"

The task force is just a front anyways. They'll be lock step with whatever Donald wants and he'll make his decision irrespective of their input.

I just hope the governors don't listen. New York is a much different beast in this as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-13-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Btw, its funny Trump is saying the decision to reopen the states from an economic standpoint is his decision when 2 weeks ago he said the decision to close individual states were up to those state's governors.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If I was a betting man, I say he's looking at May 1st. I can picture it no in his press conference like "May 1st will be a beautiful day, a wonderful day, etc"

The task force is just a front anyways. They'll be lock step with whatever Donald wants and he'll make his decision irrespective of their input.

I just hope the governors don't listen. New York is a much different beast in this as well.
    By putting together a task force they are not listening to the president . But itís ok since they are the ones saying they are gonna open the economy of their states not trump .

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If I was a betting man, I say he's looking at May 1st. I can picture it no in his press conference like "May 1st will be a beautiful day, a wonderful day, etc"

Yes I can hear it as well "Spring is in the air, a time of rebirth and renewal, a time for hope and prosperity, as you know - hope springs eternal", maybe not quite that eloquent but you get the gist.

You also suffer from selective hearing in addition to selective reading. What they said: the health of their constituents was paramount. Safety is primary concern. DO NOT act prematurely! They would ONLY consider opening commerce in consultation with the experts, ie scientists and the medical community. Trump on the other hand has Ivanka and Jared on his so called "task" force and not ONE medical professional or scientist! At the very least he could have put his puppet, the surgeon general for appearance sake.
    I am the one with selective hearing or reading ? Trump never said he was going to reopen the economy , he has said he wanted to do so and when the time comes to make that decision he will Weigh in the opinions of everyone and hopefully make it at the right time . But of course like the media , you take one part of what trump says and run away with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    By putting together a task force they are not listening to the president . But itís ok since they are the ones saying they are gonna open the economy of their states not trump .
    Jorge, realistically, is there one member of his so called task force willing to stand up and confront him? Is there one member he believes is smarter than him? They are simply window dressing to help legitimize his decision to open things up prematurely. Rubber stamp syncophants.

If you believe that task force is an objective entity. The lack of qualified medical professionals on it suggests otherwise. Its Trump's family and people close to the Trump administration who will surely tell him its good to go whenever he wants to okay it.

Even if by some happenstance they tell him to wait, he won't.

I am the one with selective hearing or reading ? Trump never said he was going to reopen the economy , he has said he wanted to do so and when the time comes to make that decision he will Weigh in the opinions of everyone and hopefully make it at the right time . But of course like the media , you take one part of what trump says and run away with it .
    Jorge get real sir. He wanted to open things up yesterday or did you forget "how lovely it would be to have things open by easter, the churches full, a wonderful beautiful day ect. ect. blah blah"

The media is a fckn disgrace!

The Dems were calling him xenophobic on Jan 31 for the ban.

Were was the worry from the Dem then?

Like Jan 15?

No matter what he does is wrong.

Here is the difference....

Obama got a free pass everyday until the final few months in his 2nd term while Trump gets grilled everyday by these disgraceful morons that are called the media.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Everybody get their money yet?

Iím still waiting......

Still........
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Basically the dumb *** food hoarders will use this to pay their credit card payments...MORONS!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The media is a fckn disgrace!

The Dems were calling him xenophobic on Jan 31 for the ban.

Were was the worry from the Dem then?

Like Jan 15?

No matter what he does is wrong.

Here is the difference....

Obama got a free pass everyday until the final few months in his 2nd term while Trump gets grilled everyday by these disgraceful morons that are called the media.
    Mush, Trump tweets very divisive things. Trump has absolutely politicized this. The media is trying to hold him accountable.
    They do some messed up stuff, I agree. But not everything is.
    Just a week ago, he was concerned with his poll numbers and his tv ratings.

The president should be putting all partisan crap aside and be focused only on this, not creating divides and casting blame.
    He needs to leave his ego out of this. That goes for any president.

He is horrible with that.

Ignorance is bliss

Its not that different than people's eating habits in the winter. When you're forced in doors all the time, you don't tend to have the best diet. Not to mention, you're forgetting one major factor. STRESS!!!. People binge eat when they are stressed out.

As for when you get your money, its based on your income in 2019. People with lower incomes are getting it this week. I believe they said those making 30 grand get it next week, those who make 40 grand start getting theirs the week after and so on.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-13-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Clown it's being reported by scores of periodicals and publications at the moment. ZDnet was just the first to carry the story.

for example: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....08.20057794v1
    Right on!
    It makes sense. The extra weight on the chest could be a big factor.

Ignorance is bliss