Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 142 of 627 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 9393
  1. #2116
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    you do realize medicine and care today is a million times better then it was in 1918 if the spanish flu happened today it would look like covid 19...
    Yes, but that was not the question, I answered. I answered what was worse the pandemic in 1918 or the pandemic today as far as damage to the economy. Which is why I said that the damage was way worse in 1918. Thank you, your point also strengthens my point. But you know what and I may not know, the answer is the presumption you made that medical treatment is so much better in regards to a new influenza virus. We have ventilators which we did not have in 1918. We have medications that alleviate the symptoms. But each new strain of a flu we pretty much don't have a treatment until vaccines are developed after the fact, right ? We have a generally healthier population but that is what is so scary about a recurrence of a flu. It can wipe out thousands or millions despite our advanced medications. It can still happen like 1918 the next time. We can't be complacent or over confident because our medical system is more advanced then in 1918 because these new virus are always evolving THERE ARE ALSO many virus that have not yet, transferred from other birds and animals to people. A new strain of flu can leap into our species from anywhere in the world at potentially any time. Last few times from China. Next from geese on the Great lakes. Or a chicken farm in Arkansas. What else is terrifying is from our farms that continue to use antibiotics bacteria become resistant to our known antibiotics and we suffer from bacterial infections with no treatment. Imagine that scenario? I think this whole thing is the planet giving us a warning. The Earth has an eco system and it may be defending itself from the damage we have inflicted. The Earth can unleash virus, bacteria, and fungal attacks on us that can wipe us out and the Earth won't miss a spin. It's not like we have been the stewards of creation as we were supposed to be in Genesis.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-12-2020 at 09:56 PM.

  2. #2117
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If you are talking only economics,
    Look at the WWs. The economy suffered until the Pres put things into order.
    Also the Great Depression? That was fairly significant

    World economies have suffered many times. We never see it. We are number 1. This shows we are not. Our president shows he sucks.
    How many times are you gonna say trump sucks ?

  3. #2118
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How many times are you gonna say trump sucks ?
    As many times as you suggest Democrats suck.

    The dude deserves all the criticism he gets. He's the leader of this country and leader of the free world if you take into account that America is still far and away the biggest economic superpower. His (along with others) ineptitude and inaction has caused the deaths of thousands of people.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-12-2020 at 09:30 PM.

  4. #2119
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    As many times as you suggest Democrats suck.

    The dude deserves all the criticism he gets. He's the leader of this country and leader of the free world if you take into account that America is still far and away the biggest economic superpower. His (along with others) ineptitude and inaction has caused the deaths of thousands of people.
    Well both sides deserve as much criticism as trump gets . No one prepared for this pandemic , although I am not exactly sure how one could be prepared for a virus that was never seen before , but still

  5. #2120
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,683
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    watch it in its entirety!!!

    Especially the punch to the duodenum
    ok i will!!!

  6. #2121
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,683
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    As many times as you suggest Democrats suck.

    The dude deserves all the criticism he gets. He's the leader of this country and leader of the free world if you take into account that America is still far and away the biggest economic superpower. His (along with others) ineptitude and inaction has caused the deaths of thousands of people.
    Trump certainly has not handled this ordeal well at all. Not even close. But to say that he is solely responsible for thousands of deaths seems like quite a stretch imo.

  7. #2122
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,786
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Trump certainly has not handled this ordeal well at all. Not even close. But to say that he is solely responsible for thousands of deaths seems like quite a stretch imo.
    I didnt say he was solely responsible. I said him and others. Fact is he was warned in January of this being a potential pandemic and initially downplayed it as "one man in China".

    If action is taken even 2 or 3 weeks sooner, thousands of lives are saved.

  8. #2123
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    45,786

  9. #2124
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,277
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I didnt say he was solely responsible. I said him and others. Fact is he was warned in January of this being a potential pandemic and initially downplayed it as "one man in China".

    If action is taken even 2 or 3 weeks sooner, thousands of lives are saved.
    Thing is everyone downplayed it back then even the great mr Fauci said it was nothing to worry about

  10. #2125
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    He very well may be. He is touting them like a used car huckster! I think what people are objecting to is his repeated endorsement of a yet unproven drug combo contrary to his own experts! Most professionals will not hang their hat on anecdotal evidence.
    Here's the real problem that most people ****in forget...

    Scientists won't tout a treatment until it's been studied by guidelines that have been laid down by the scientific community... but here's the rub... those take not weeks.. but years in some cases to come to any conclusions... WE DON'T HAVE YEARS... people are dying now.. and by the time the scientific community proves that they will help... well, the disease may have run its course and be history... with how many deaths????

    Non-Scientists... like Donald.. and many governors.. who are dealing with the death of people... well, they hear what Europe is saying.. Malaria treatments (of which, Hydrocloroquine is the primary one) are showing highly effective....

    Which is what Trump is promoting... because he wants what we all want... this **** to get over ASAP...

    We all know that no treatment will ever be the panacia for all... it may help some and adversely affect others... Hell, even MASH covers that in the RED/White blues episode with Cloroquine vs Primaquine...

    Don't blame Trump because he's acting like all of use NON-Scientific people react. Just because he bacame president... does not mean he's suddenly a scientist... He just know's what he's heard from his counterparts in other countries and is trying to get ahead of it here in his. Don't blame him because Democrats resist simply because he's NOT democrate, or others simply because of Trump Derangment syndrome say he's Full-O-*****.... and others because it's not been proven by scientists... The first group is just wrong... and I wish the disease on them... the latter at least have some basis in reality... even if the scientists won't tell us either way for at least another year or two at best... probably when this has already completed it's cycle.

  11. 04-13-2020, 01:19 AM
    Reason
    Off color, inappropriate, insulting

  12. #2126
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    38,085
    My best guess on a best case scenario:

    In about 3 weeks they will be able to start opening back up parts of the country that are currently 'closed'. But it's going to be a slow rollout that may take a few months to finish. To make sure we can avoid a second wave.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 04-13-2020 at 03:52 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  13. #2127
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,302
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    My best guess on a best case scenario:

    In about 3 weeks they will be able to start opening back up parts of the country that are currently 'closed'. But it's going to be a slow rollout that may take a few months to finish. To make sure we can avoid a second wave.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    To avoid the 2nd wave?

    This is not ending until we get a vaccine.

    IMO Life won’t be normal until late summer 2021.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #2128
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Interesting? How the hell did you twist “no **** Sherlock” which I fact is a statement that it originated in China to me deflecting blame?
    I was actually confirming your statement but you did actually twist a statement of agreement into one of disagreement. Talk about twisting words to suit a narrative?

    You k ow after that, you may not even qualify to be representative of the education system here
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How many times are you gonna say trump sucks ?
    Until you answer the above post.
    AND
    Until he actually steps up and does a good job.
    Or until you say he's handled this piss poorly.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #2129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,734
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    To avoid the 2nd wave?

    This is not ending until we get a vaccine.

    IMO Life won’t be normal until late summer 2021.
    I'm not as pessimistic. The issue is that they don't have the tests still. If the president truly wanted to get the tests needed, he would tell, yes tell a few companies to make billions. People need multiple tests.

    If we had the tests we truly need, they could test people and find out who has immunity and they can go back to work without risk of contracting or carrying the virus.
    If he had been on the ball with this, he would have done that in February.



    Ignorance is bliss

  16. #2130
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    42,734
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    My best guess on a best case scenario:

    In about 3 weeks they will be able to start opening back up parts of the country that are currently 'closed'. But it's going to be a slow rollout that may take a few months to finish. To make sure we can avoid a second wave.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

    I agree about your timeline.
    I don't think we avoid a second wave but I think we can keep it from being a tidal wave like this one is. I hope I am wrong abut that and that this thing just dies off.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •