Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 627 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 9393
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed. The problem is the way the system is set up.
    A single mom with three kids- If she stays at home and doesn't work, she can feed her kids, she can get Medicaid and the pubic assistance. If she gets a job that pays her 500 a week but doesn't offer benefits, she can barely afford rent and food and can't get insurance.
    She also has to pay for childcare if she doesn't have family to do it.

If you had those two choices, what would you do?
    Take, food and insurance and a place to live to raise your kids?
    Or work and not be able to afford two of those 3?

That is a specific case but there are many like that. There are very few who want to live like that.
    Giving everyone insurance allows them to take jobs that pay less and still be able to exist.
    All valid points. Definitely not fair for the kids to suffer. Someone like that, I don't blame them for staying home. Especially if she's getting pubic assistance. I'd love a designated person to manscape for me. I'd have them do so baby cool shapes and designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I am semi retired because I invested what money I made from working , in real estate here in Florida . I pay for my own health insurance as well . But I see you twisted what I said about health insurance being not being free . My point was that free health insurance isnít free expect to those who pay no taxes . Never once did I look down the n anyone who doesnít pay taxes . And btw the rest of the free world may have universal healthcare but they arenít doing any better than the US with this virus , in fact many countries have much higher death rates from the virus than the US does .
    Here's the issue imo, the moment the genome sequencing of the coronavirus was published in January, we should have started mass producing tests right away. South Korea did as well as other nations. Why didn't we? Without tests we were driving blind. Our response was slow and inadequate. Our death rates reflect it.

The US, China, and Italy (in that order) have the highest number of coronavirus cases in the world.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...=homeAdvegas1?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Here's the issue imo, the moment the genome sequencing of the coronavirus was published in January, we should have started mass producing tests right away. South Korea did as well as other nations. Why didn't we? Without tests we were driving blind. Our response was slow and inadequate. Our death rates reflect it.

The US, China, and Italy (in that order) have the highest number of coronavirus cases in the world.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...=homeAdvegas1?
    As unprepared as the US was in this , the rest of the world isnít doing any better especially with the death rates . And how do the death rates in the US reflect the slow response when the death rate here is much lower than in other parts of the world?

Nick and Jorge I realize you need to demonize and lay blame. You now have a new target for your animosity.

The New York Times @nytimes
    2h
    Breaking News: The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia, genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case https://nyti.ms/2wtvFEo

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The only people who would get free healthcare are the ones who donít pay taxes since everyone who pays taxes would be paying for that ďfreeĒ healthcare
    I am semi retired because I invested what money I made from working , in real estate here in Florida . I pay for my own health insurance as well . But I see you twisted what I said about health insurance being not being free . My point was that free health insurance isnít free expect to those who pay no taxes . Never once did I look down the n anyone who doesnít pay taxes . And btw the rest of the free world may have universal healthcare but they arenít doing any better than the US with this virus , in fact many countries have much higher death rates from the virus than the US does .
    So because you had to actually clarify your statement, maybe George, just maybe you were unclear and I didn't twist anything but instead, simply responded to what was written.

Now that you have shown yourself to be inaccurate, you make it about me (or anyone) "twisting" what you said.

Here's a novel thought, when someone misreads what I wrote, I don't accuse them of twisting (unless it's been repeatedly happen ing in a specific argument or with the intent to change the argument and that takes quite a few posts) I simply say, " I wasn't clear with my statement. What I meant is..."

As for the rest of the world, we will see. We are just starting, many of the European countries are seeing a slow down. We may have months before that happens here. But right now we are running at a 3.5% death rate and the rest of the world is slightly over 6%. But again, we are just starting and that rate could change dramatically if we don't have the PPEs and hospital beds needed.

Roor George getting his words twisted. For the record, you really don't need help with that. You do just fine on your own.

Ignorance is bliss

I still think the Dems will bring in someone else to be the nominee . Like cuomo
    um...NO LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Nick and Jorge I realize you need to demonize and lay blame. You now have a new target for your animosity.

The New York Times @nytimes
    2h
    Breaking News: The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia, genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case https://nyti.ms/2wtvFEo
    This is the weird thing, I have family who all got really sick in January. Horrible sore throat and cough along with fever. It wasn't the flu. They were told it was a bad cold. It makes me wonder.

Imagine if it started here?

Ignorance is bliss

This is the weird thing, I have family who all got really sick in January. Horrible sore throat and cough along with fever. It wasn't the flu. They were told it was a bad cold. It makes me wonder.

Imagine if it started here?
    Yeah it came from Europe but where do you think Europe got it from ? I mean my parents were in Europe 4 months ago and never got sick from that trip . Now tell me where was the virus 4 mo the ago ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-09-2020 at 10:53 AM.

As unprepared as the US was in this , the rest of the world isnít doing any better especially with the death rates . And how do the death rates in the US reflect the slow response when the death rate here is much lower than in other parts of the world?
    Some countries response was worse than our own! My point, we should have started testing MUCH sooner. The countries that implemented early testing programs were much more successful in their containment.

>>Scientists around the world were waiting at their computers in early January when China released the coronavirus genetic code, the blueprint for creating tests and vaccines. Within days, labs from Hong Kong to Berlin had designed tests and shared their research with others.

Within about two weeks, Australia had its own tests, and even citizens in the most far-flung regions of the country could be tested. Laboratories in Singapore and South Korea ramped up test kit production and ordered extra supplies. That quick work allowed them to test hundreds of thousands of people, isolate the sick and ó so far, at least ó contain the spread of the disease.

By contrast, anxious citizens in the United States and many parts of Western Europe have endured byzantine delays, or have been denied testing altogether. As the coronavirus pandemic shuts down world capitals and paralyzes entire economies, political leaders are rushing to make testing more widely available.

Researchers say a viral test is relatively easy to develop. Rather, scientists say, the chasm between the testing haves and have-nots reflects politics, public health strategies and, in some cases, blunders.

The world may be paying for those missteps right now. Testing is central to the effort to fight the spread of the virus. Countries that test widely can isolate infected people and prevent or slow new infections. Without early and widespread testing, health officials and policymakers will be flying blind, epidemiologists say.

As the virus reached into the United States in late January, President Trump and his administration spent weeks downplaying the potential for an outbreak. The Centers for Disease Control opted to develop its own test rather than rely on private laboratories or the World Health Organization.<<

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/w...es-states.html

Yeah it came from Europe but where do you think Europe got it from ?
    No **** Sherlock.

No **** Sherlock.
    So stop deflecting blame from China by constantly stating the virus here came from Europe . Put the blame where it really belongs , and that is with China , they unleashed this virus on the rest of the world .

How about because they were the ones who unleashed the virus on the world and then covered it up and lied to the rest of the world about it? I mean I am not surprised WHO wants the US to work with china , they are the ones who helped China with the cover ups
    I guess you haven't been updated. Now they say it came from Europe.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Some countries response was worse than our own! My point, we should have started testing MUCH sooner. The countries that implemented early testing programs were much more successful in their containment.

>>Scientists around the world were waiting at their computers in early January when China released the coronavirus genetic code, the blueprint for creating tests and vaccines. Within days, labs from Hong Kong to Berlin had designed tests and shared their research with others.

Within about two weeks, Australia had its own tests, and even citizens in the most far-flung regions of the country could be tested. Laboratories in Singapore and South Korea ramped up test kit production and ordered extra supplies. That quick work allowed them to test hundreds of thousands of people, isolate the sick and ó so far, at least ó contain the spread of the disease.

By contrast, anxious citizens in the United States and many parts of Western Europe have endured byzantine delays, or have been denied testing altogether. As the coronavirus pandemic shuts down world capitals and paralyzes entire economies, political leaders are rushing to make testing more widely available.

Researchers say a viral test is relatively easy to develop. Rather, scientists say, the chasm between the testing haves and have-nots reflects politics, public health strategies and, in some cases, blunders.

The world may be paying for those missteps right now. Testing is central to the effort to fight the spread of the virus. Countries that test widely can isolate infected people and prevent or slow new infections. Without early and widespread testing, health officials and policymakers will be flying blind, epidemiologists say.

As the virus reached into the United States in late January, President Trump and his administration spent weeks downplaying the potential for an outbreak. The Centers for Disease Control opted to develop its own test rather than rely on private laboratories or the World Health Organization.<<

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/w...es-states.html

EVERY elected official in this country was down playing the virus 3 months ago . Even the media was downplaying it . Even Fauci was down playing it too

https://www.gopusa.com/anuary-2020-a...o-worry-about/

Yeah it came from Europe but where do you think Europe got it from ? I mean my parents were in Europe 4 months ago and never got sick from that trip . Now tell me where was the virus 4 mo the ago ?
    HELLO? Not everyone gets it. Jeeezzzz..........
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    HELLO? Not everyone gets it. Jeeezzzz..........
    Of course you ignored my second question. And the point of that post