Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 627 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 9393
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The only people who would get free healthcare are the ones who don’t pay taxes since everyone who pays taxes would be paying for that “free” healthcare
    And when those jobless people or not tax payers go to the ER, who do you think ends up paying for it?
    The ER charges far more than would a simple visit to a Dr.

I also have no problem paying a little more taxes so that someone who doesn't have a job can have basic medical care.
    I don't care if they are an addict. I don't care if they are scamming the system to simply live and extremest modest existence. They should be allowed to get medical treatment when needed.

I'm guessing you are a "pull yourself up by your own boot straps" kind of guy.

Here's a question are you still working? I hope you are. But if not or if you are in danger of losing a job, will you accept help from the government?

If you are working , are you going to request a check from the government to assist?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Here is an idea.

Anyone who is a dependent and doesn't pay taxes, under a certain age, who is on their parents or caretakers(aunts/uncles etc due to death of parents situations) is insured under their Healthcare.

If you don't pay taxes after say age 21 and if not in college, of after graduating college, you have to pay the premiums for Healthcare.

Not a real difficult concept.

You can also pay for your own Healthcare, from private insurance, if you so chose to. Like clown said, if you want extra coverage, it could also be an option.

I've never been one for universal health care coverage, but with the amount premiums are on the rise for those with Healthcare, due to having to basically pay for coverage of those without health care, there really isn't much difference here. Hospitals charge more to insurance companies basically to cover losses to those uninsured, which in turn causes premiums to rise, which in case turns us to pay more out of pocket(higher deductibles, etc)

It's like car insurance, premiums are on the rise, because who do you think pays for car coverage if you're in an accident with an uninsured motorist? The insurance company? Lol, no. In simple terms they do, but technically we the insured pay it in our premiums, known as uninsured motorist coverage.

Also, government shouldn't have full control over the health care system, there would need to be a system in place, that's much better than the VA system(which is a total disaster), maybe have it run by insurance companies. The insurance companies can underwrite it.

Some Republicans are funny. They claim to be pro life, but once the child is born they stop caring. Don't have insurance? Don't care. Can't get a or don't have a job? Don't care. Always trying to support corporations over individuals. Trickle down economics has never worked and never will, as long as greed and corruption exists. Need to let that idea go.

Yes I realize it is much more complicated than this. I also realize my ideas are flawed. But, IMO..the current system is broken and needs to be fixed. It's not working anymore. People shouldn't be dying just because they are poor.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    For me, this health crisis demonstrates the need for a centralized system.
    There are governors in ****ing bidding wars for PPE. The price has been driven up to a ridiculous point. This is not the time for "supply and demand".
    I think there is a way that Pharma and Drs can all make tons of money for themselves and their companies while still having a centralized system.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Right. That's why most of the world has some sort of free/universal health care.
    Would people like George look down upon if we helped everyone? That's really the root.

"Look at them. They are the problem with the country. Why help them? They don't deserve it"

The irony is the amount of people who also talk about being religious are the ones who have this view point.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Japan has spent 2 billion dollars to help move production of products from Japanese companies out of China and back to Japan.

US, take note.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I will give this to Trump 100% if he follows through with it.
    He has been working with Kenya and a couple other African countries to bring production there.
    Again, he has to follow through but it could be a really good thing to get out of China to an extent.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good news! Preliminary study of 10 patients with severe COVID19 shows that after 1 dose of convalescent plasma:
    Virus disappeared in blood in 7 days
    Clinical symptoms rapidly improved within 3 days
    Lung lesions improves within 7 days

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...-fight-it-off/
    It's weird that the study is from China. We have Drs doing it here. I wonder if it's been inn ecfiective or they are just keeping quiet about it.
    It also may be too early. I think the first I saw of it was last week.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For me, this health crisis demonstrates the need for a centralized system.
    There are governors in ****ing bidding wars for PPE. The price has been driven up to a ridiculous point. This is not the time for "supply and demand".
    I think there is a way that Pharma and Drs can all make tons of money for themselves and their companies while still having a centralized system.
    This is a travesty bordering on criminal. Why was the "supply" turned over to private industry "sold" to the highest bidder!? Is that the role of government?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday that he has inked deals with a consortium of nonprofits and acquired technology that will provide 200 million medical masks a month for his state and possibly others in the U.S.

“We've been competing against other states, against other nations, against our own federal government for PPE — coveralls, masks, shields, N95 masks — and we're not waiting around any longer,’’ Newsom told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Tuesday night.

“We decided enough is enough: let's use the power of the purchasing power of the state of California as a nation-state," he added. https://www.politico.com/states/cali...-month-1273702

I am not wishing ill on anyone. This is purely hypothetical

Would George take the plasma of a Chinese person if he was sick or reject the commie blood?

Ignorance is bliss

It's weird that the study is from China. We have Drs doing it here. I wonder if it's been inn ecfiective or they are just keeping quiet about it.
    There are several trials underway in the states, most notably at the Mayo clinic also in various hospitals in NYC. I think the China study was the first completed and published. I expect in the next few weeks we will see more data in print.

It is too early, but it indicates larger studies are in order.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/07/mayo...ronavirus.html
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.

This is a travesty bordering on criminal. Why was the "supply" turned over to private industry "sold" to the highest bidder!? Is that the role of government?

California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday that he has inked deals with a consortium of nonprofits and acquired technology that will provide 200 million medical masks a month for his state and possibly others in the U.S.

“We've been competing against other states, against other nations, against our own federal government for PPE — coveralls, masks, shields, N95 masks — and we're not waiting around any longer,’’ Newsom told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Tuesday night.

“We decided enough is enough: let's use the power of the purchasing power of the state of California as a nation-state," he added. https://www.politico.com/states/cali...-month-1273702
    I hope NY, Fl, Il and other states with large cities and populations, do the same. Because then when this has rippled through them and they are on the mend, they will have the supplies fro give to the middle of the country.

Ignorance is bliss

The answer to the dilemma may lie in the FDA red tape.

"Because COVID-19 convalescent plasma has not yet been approved for use by FDA, it is regulated as an investigational product. A health care provider must participate in one of the pathways described below."

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-b...lescent-plasma

There are several trials underway in the states, most notably at the Mayo clinic also in various hospitals in NYC. I think the China study was the first completed and published. I expect in the next few weeks we will see more data in print.

It is too early, but it indicates larger studies are in order.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/07/mayo...ronavirus.html
    It makes the most sense in NYC as you have the largest group and can see the fastest results.
    If it works it will be ****ing amazing. It will also be a bit maddening that such a simple solution wasn't the first thing tried. That's not an indictment of anyone. It's the way we think as people.
    This thing is so bad, the answer must be impossible to find.
    Oh, no it wasn't. It was right there.

Ha!

****, I can't find the remote. Where the hell is it? Oh crap, I'll go and check if I left it in the kitchen? No.
    Maybe it's upstairs when I went to the bathroom? Nope not here.

I sit back down on the couch. Ouch. Oh damn. I was sitting on t.

Ignorance is bliss

Would people like George look down upon if we helped everyone? That's really the root.

"Look at them. They are the problem with the country. Why help them? They don't deserve it"

The irony is the amount of people who also talk about being religious are the ones who have this view point.
    Yup. There are certainly some who I believe deserve zero help. But that's the rapists, murderers, child molesters. Those types of people.
    I also believe help should only be a temporary thing. People shouldn't be able to live off government assistance forever imo. It should be meant as a means of helping people for 6 months, a year, something like that. People need to prove they're trying to help themselves as well.
    If you're making zero effort to better your own life, and are content staying at home living off food stamps forever, that's BS.

I am not wishing ill on anyone. This is purely hypothetical

Would George take the plasma of a Chinese person if he was sick or reject the commie blood?
    I think we both know the answer to that

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yup. There are certainly some who I believe deserve zero help. But that's the rapists, murderers, child molesters. Those types of people.
    I also believe help should only be a temporary thing. People shouldn't be able to live off government assistance forever imo. It should be meant as a means of helping people for 6 months, a year, something like that. People need to prove they're trying to help themselves as well.
    If you're making zero effort to better your own life, and are content staying at home living off food stamps forever, that's BS.
    Agreed. The problem is the way the system is set up.
    A single mom with three kids- If she stays at home and doesn't work, she can feed her kids, she can get Medicaid and the pubic assistance. If she gets a job that pays her 500 a week but doesn't offer benefits, she can barely afford rent and food and can't get insurance.
    She also has to pay for childcare if she doesn't have family to do it.

If you had those two choices, what would you do?
    Take, food and insurance and a place to live to raise your kids?
    Or work and not be able to afford two of those 3?

That is a specific case but there are many like that. There are very few who want to live like that.
    Giving everyone insurance allows them to take jobs that pay less and still be able to exist.

Ignorance is bliss

And when those jobless people or not tax payers go to the ER, who do you think ends up paying for it?
    The ER charges far more than would a simple visit to a Dr.

I also have no problem paying a little more taxes so that someone who doesn't have a job can have basic medical care.
    I don't care if they are an addict. I don't care if they are scamming the system to simply live and extremest modest existence. They should be allowed to get medical treatment when needed.

I'm guessing you are a "pull yourself up by your own boot straps" kind of guy.

Here's a question are you still working? I hope you are. But if not or if you are in danger of losing a job, will you accept help from the government?

If you are working , are you going to request a check from the government to assist?
    I am semi retired because I invested what money I made from working , in real estate here in Florida . I pay for my own health insurance as well . But I see you twisted what I said about health insurance being not being free . My point was that free health insurance isn’t free expect to those who pay no taxes . Never once did I look down the n anyone who doesn’t pay taxes . And btw the rest of the free world may have universal healthcare but they aren’t doing any better than the US with this virus , in fact many countries have much higher death rates from the virus than the US does .