Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 104 of 627 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9393
  1. #1546
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well I donít feel any better with cuomoís response to this than trump and you have given me no reason to think that . You keep shouting ďfactsĒ ďfactsĒ but nowhere have you shown how cuomo has been doing any better than trump . Other than their different speaking styles . And I donít give a crap about speaking styles Since actions speak louder than words .
    I have asked you several questions and you have not responded. That is so irresponsible for a meaningful conversation,. Judging from the frequency of your posts you have the time,. Why donít you provide points and stay focused on a topic ? I have asked you what are you going to do to help your fellow Americans during this crisis ? I have asked you to explain what conservative beliefs are since you said I am no conservative, both not too hard. You simply make points with no meaningful contribution. I did not vote for Cuomo but going back to a point discussed prior that I challenged you and an other here for, the blaming of China in a responsible way. Cuomo managed to discuss this crisis in a manner not calling it the Chinese virus and sending anger directed to China like the President has. That communication style directly resulted in China providing 1,000 ventilators to the State. Do you think China would have given the State 1,000 ventilators to a State calling it a Chinese virus. That directly shows me how communication style directly has shown itís value.

  2. #1547
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Then there is the fact that despite the stay at home orders , cuomo and deblasio both are fine with the subways operating with more trains instead of less or being shut down . And why isnít the medical ship that arrived last week still not being used ? And if cuomo is doing a better job than trump why does his stare have more infections than any other state ?
    The medical ship isn't being used because it operates under different rules and they cannot accept patients the way a regular hospital can. That is no fault of the state or local government. Could an executive order change it? I don 't know. But if it can, it should be given

    Those workers may work for the garbage, coned or infrastructure, so they are needed. How would you like them to get to work?
    If they should stay at home, how do you want them to survive?



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #1548
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Thatís the thing with the shutdown you donít have nearly as many customers using the subways now , so why did they up the amount of subway trains being in service ?
    For others who do not live in or are familiar with NYC subways. The subways network includes dozens of lines in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and the Bronx. The various train lines flow through out the boroughs and interconnect with each other at various key stations. For example I may take the 6 train in the East Bronx and it may be empty relatively. However, as the train arrives at 59 in order to connect to another train going West It will converge with other train lines like the 4,5 N and R. Suddenly relatively empty trains deposit passengers and the concentration increases. The system has a capacity, in how many trains can arrive given the factors of speed of the trains and distance it is simply dictated by math. At those key hubs concentration is inevitable. I mentioned earlier those photos graphs of NYC residents and workers from elsewhere in close proximity as being irresponsible is not that informative. Many new Yortkers are exiting the trains at key hubs to walk miles to work from the hub stations like 59, 42, 149, and many others. Itís math, NYC during a shut down and off peak still has more activity then many cities have at full rush hour.

  4. #1549
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Fro, my perspective you have been informed, honest and fair in all posts. I may not agree with everything but I do with the majority and I have not taken any offense to you thinking differently from me and don't feel like you have insulted anyone.
    And I've ben here a long time. I will look forward to the time when we are posting about baseball.
    Well to be honest I have attacked 3 different people on here. 2 of them I think read what I put down wrong and think I was defending someone. My response to them was in fun in a round about way. Not my typical reaction but I was enjoying it at the time. The third person posted a statement that hit too close to home. He was quoting someone else but I am sure he meant it otherwise it wouldn't have been posted. Be safe.

  5. #1550
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, save you science bullspit

    Where were THEIR warnings prior?

    2010-2016? Nothing
    When you drive in your car and go the doctor do you think to yourself save your science bull **** . Busting your balls. Lol.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-05-2020 at 11:50 AM.

  6. #1551
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,405
    NY saw their first decrease in deaths since this started a month ago. They also had about 3k less new infections reported today. They may be at the apex, too soon to tell. But, possible.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #1552
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    NY saw their first decrease in deaths since this started a month ago. They also had about 3k less new infections reported today. They may be at the apex, too soon to tell. But, possible.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Or possibly a plateau, a leveling. As Cuomo suggested, good news regardless, but let's wait and see where the data leads us in the next few days.

  8. #1553
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Join the club. I am limiting myself to one post per week. I find the posts of many on this forum both dishonest and disgusting, including those of at least one of the moderators. This is not to single out or insult anyone else and I actually appreciate any statistical postings related to the virus. With no malice or insults intended, I just honestly find most of these posts to be idiotic, demeaning and a self-satisfying circle jerk among certain posters which continues unabated. Still, I like to defend free speech, so I am self-quarantining to prevent myself from really informing some of them what I think about their comments.

    However, there is absolutely no balance. The only partial balance is the volume of posts by Mush, regardless of their accuracy or tone. He remains a voice crying in the desert against the venom of these posts and unbridled hatred of our President. For example, in one of my last posts, I mentioned some of the good things that Trump was doing like sending a hospital ship to New York and I was shot down with a diatribe about my comment being stupid and wrong and Trump's effort being inconsequential, because the ship wouldn't dock for another 6 weeks, because that's what some critic in the media said. Then it pulled into New York within a week.

    Some people here worry that Republicans have their heads up Trumps butt, when it is they who mimic whatever the media says. Even, when Trump reached out to Mike Lindell at my pillow and Lindell converted 75% of his production to making face masks, all the media focused on and people on this message board would talk about is his religious fanaticism, which they perceived as a character flaw, when it actually worked for him, providing strength to conquer his crack addition, turn his life around and become a major success. I'm still waiting for the praise for this American success story's contribution to society to combat this pandemic.

    Well, that's enough for now. I refuse to partake much in this less than civil discord. Regardless of your prejudice or political perspective, carry on and please stay safe and well and let's come out of this crisis successfully.
    You mention Mike Lindell and his faith. I myself am a son of a Assembly of God minister, and Presbyterian Sunday School mom. My wife is a Eastern Orthodox Christian although she attended Lutheran and Baptist churches with her moms family ( our family is very mixed, my mom is of English decent, my father Puerto Rican/German my wife is Greek and Puerto Rican ). We pray and attend Church weekly and certainly believe in the transformative power of God in the life of a person like Liddell. Itís not a character flaw. Your conflating criticism of Trump with criticism of Christian values or of the United States. This for me is unjust. You attribute evil intent upon people exchanging their American right to express displeasure on some one who leads them and in my case I voted for. To be honest, my Christian faith and conscious leads me to critique him. For me he has misled and deceived Christian believers desperate to have a person in the White House who shared their pro life and evangelical values. So in the Spirit of the day Christians gathered together to the breaking of the bread, to do what Christ requested requested they do in his honor and break the bread that is his body and share the cup of wine that is his blood. I apologize to you if I have offended you.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-05-2020 at 12:12 PM.

  9. #1554
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Folks, follow the guidelines and before you know the peak will come and we will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    Stay safe and stay away from all for at least 6 feet. Do your part. California is doing well! I commend their Gov for taking charge early.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #1555
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Trump is confusing but he is overwhelmed folks....

    We must give him a pass on this....

    Letís show some compassion to him as well....afterall he is human too.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #1556
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759

    D

    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Trump is confusing but he is overwhelmed folks....

    We must give him a pass on this....

    Letís show some compassion to him as well....afterall he is human too.
    I sense your a decent person seeking to find fairness. He is human, however, not the kind of human that deserves our support. Let him live a blessed life in which he enjoys his family, wealth, hobbies for the rest of his days. I wish him all the joy a man can have living in his splendid homes. Just not as our President. His thought process has been on display in this crisis and in many other activities. I donít want him handling an other crisis. Is that fair to say ? Let him live a life of sheer bliss when he leaves the White House. May he occupy a role on tv to entertain and bring joy to his supporters. Maybe a daily Trump show, may he host a radio show as well. But not in his current position.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 04-05-2020 at 12:27 PM.

  12. #1557
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Folks, STAY SMART, stay 6 feet apart!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #1558
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Folks, STAY SMART, stay 6 feet apart!
    Letís turn the conversation to what we can do to help others in this crisis. What you say .

  14. #1559
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,227
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Trump is confusing but he is overwhelmed folks....

    We must give him a pass on this....

    Letís show some compassion to him as well....afterall he is human too.
    No Mush. I respect what you are saying but I fully disagree.

    He has shown no compassion, no empathy and no sensitivity to this. He literally railed on a reporter for trying to hurt his poll numbers less than a week ago.

    His primary efforts should be to get states what they need and doing it without his typical favoritism. Politics should not be a part of this. He should be giving states what they need regardless of what their governors and mayors think of him.
    He should stop railing against the dems and just get stuff done. He should have thicker skin right now. He's blaming the way people see him more than he is doing things.

    Is he overwhelmed? Maybe but I personally don't see that. I see a man who wants to be right more than anything else. But for sake of argument, let's say he is overwhelmed, Mush, this is what he signed up for when he swore the oath. He took an oath and that oath doesn't have an "overwhelmed" contingency, excuse written into it.

    Bush was fantastic. Guiliani was fantastic. They were not my favorite leaders but they led and made people feel like it would be ok.


    Trump has yet to do that.
    I actually have compassion for him. That doesn't mean I don't think he's acting like a turd. That's the difference. I can say I think he's a horrid person and leader but I genuinely want him to succeed and do better because I believe we all have that capacity, however buried it may be.
    He has done nothing but hustle people his entire life. He can't hustle his way out of this and it shows.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #1560
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,227
    The concept of free speech and the defense of it?

    You and I agree. All good
    You and I don't agree.
    I tell you I disagree and provide the reasons. You don't adequately defend your position. I explain that.
    You say I am trying tow withhold your free speech and thought.

    Hmm. No. My free speech gives me the right to disagree, just as yours does. My free speech gives me the right to call you out if I disagree or see flaws in the logic or have evidence to prove otherwise. Yours right offers you the right to dod the same me.

    But when a persons feelings get overly involved and they say things like, you are violating my free speech or you want me to think like you? Come one with that poop.
    If you can't defend your positions, maybe they actually need to change and maybe that's really hard for people in general.
    But don't complain about free speech and free thought because you have been challenged. That is weak.
    If you feel slighted because you have deep rooted beliefs? Have those beliefs and simply say, we just disagree.

    It is also hysterical that these same people love to use the term "snowflake", when they are the ones melting when the heat hits.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •