Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 103 of 627 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 9393
  1. #1531
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Andrew Cuomo @NYGovCuomo
    I wish I could promise New Yorkers this will be over soon. I can't.

    Here's what I can promise.

    I will continue to give you the facts and I will make decisions based on science and data.

    New Yorkers deserve nothing less.
    10:04 AM ∑ Apr 5, 2020∑Twitter Web App
    Meanwhile what about the crime that has risen since prisoners were released?

    Huge spikes, Iím talking like 65%+ in robberies....DeBlasio and Cuomo were horrible with this decision.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  2. #1532
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    It happened again. Somerset County NJ officials ordered 35K N95 masks for front-line healthcare workers. 24 have died in Somerset already. The Trump Administration took their entire order without warning. Where'd it go? WTF is going on? Is this appropriate with lives on the line?

    http://archive.is/iLgyv

  3. #1533
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Dr, save you science bullspit

    Where were THEIR warnings prior?

    2010-2016? Nothing
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  4. #1534
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Make the lockdown in the Country more universal for the Country...

    Stop all flights in and out of the Country

    Stop domestic flights

    Slow interstate travel unless medical and commerce.

    The States overall suck

    President must lockdown entire country for 30 days.

    Science data is doing a lot but not enough help.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #1535
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Meanwhile what about the crime that has risen since prisoners were released?

    Huge spikes, Iím talking like 65%+ in robberies....DeBlasio and Cuomo were horrible with this decision.
    Then there is the fact that despite the stay at home orders , cuomo and deblasio both are fine with the subways operating with more trains instead of less or being shut down . And why isnít the medical ship that arrived last week still not being used ? And if cuomo is doing a better job than trump why does his stare have more infections than any other state ?

  6. #1536
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Dr, why was the Wuhan Whistle blowed arrested? He dies Feb 7

    Nothing on China Dr.

    You all ignore them.....

    And quit saying it is here now...

    The Communist Party knew about this from the beginning.

    Patient zero came from Wuhan...


    WHO said in Dec that said there was no human to human transmission of the virus, basically protecting China..


    Save your bullspit xenophobia crap...

    Iím not talking about the citizens Dr Iím talking about their Gov...

    Get a reality check and quit calling me xenophobic.

    That is an ignorant comment by you.

    When this is over China must answer questions by the rest of the entire World.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #1537
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Schiff and Pelosi need to stop their bullspit investigations of Trump WITH EVERYTHING...

    How about Schiff and Pelosi focus on SAVING THE US?

    Geez, only from those two idiots!

    Thst is all they care about!

    And you all know it is over the top!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  8. #1538
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have great respect and gratitude for what you do. You may know far more on this topic depending one your role.
    It is my understanding from people in the medical field, former military high ups and people who have worked in the government, that there were plans in place and there were suggestions to every level of government to have certain preparations. Everyone dropped the ball.

    Again, where does the buck stop? I believe at the top. I believe that a warning of this type of thing in 2016 and again in 2018, should have prompted at least reviews of this possibility. Again, on every level. But it needs to start with the POTUS telling states they need to prep.

    The virus is not Trumps fault. His response is.

    I think the way this has been handled by the leader of our country, has been atrocious. I think he is setting himself and his family up, to profit from they plague. That is why I comment on him the way I do, those are my feelings about him as a person and a leader.
    Based on his actions alone, I think he has been disorganized, ineffective and dishonest.

    If you disagree, I respect that but sometimes, the media isn't just lying. Sometimes they are reporting.
    My military time ended in 85, but I do work for the Government. Yes plans were in place as like all things. I am not affiliated with one party or the other. I support my job and I applaud the good and dislike the bad. What had happened and what is still happening is unchartered waters. We could have done better. Information that we were taking in was not all truthful. We were more or less expecting this to be a lot slower than it was. You really don't want to hit the panic button and have people running around freaking out. No one wants to fail under their watch. No one reacts the same. People have strengths and weaknesses. I am not in a position to say what is right or wrong. In my opinion our Government has too much red tape and the decision makers have to take too many punches before they can start delivering their own. Yes I agree with everyone on this board that things should have been done differently and I hope for the best for all. I understand I am new to PSD and what I text may not come out perfect and people read it different than what I mean.

  9. #1539
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Then there is the fact that despite the stay at home orders , cuomo and deblasio both are fine with the subways operating with more trains instead of less or being shut down . And why isnít the medical ship that arrived last week still not being used ? And if cuomo is doing a better job than trump why does his stare have more infections than any other state ?
    Okay I generally tend to ignore you but I'm going to address this one because I have way more knowledge on this topic considering it's my line of work.

    1.

    Normal service :

    You have customers that have to travel from point A to B, each train is carrying 200 passangers and consists of 10 cars, each car has 20 passangers and they're able to give each other some space.

    2:

    You have the same amount of customers that need to travel from point A to B. 400 in total, same total as above. You cut service and now only run 1 train an hour, now you have 400 people in the same 10 car train. Leaving less space between each person.

    You have now made the issue worse by not giving people as much space.

    That's just a fact and the idea of cutting service is absolutely terrible and not sure how you could come to thinking that's a good idea.

    2:

    The hospital ship just changed their protocol so they can take in more patients. They also will not take people who are positive for covid-19 patients on board. Which is the current bulk of patients that need care. They're testing people, off the ship, on the dock.


    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1176176

    3: I've already said time and time again Cuomo has not handled this well. NYC is the epicenter because you just can't physically avoid people as much as you try, with the amount of occupied multiple dwellings, it's just physically impossible. There is not another city in this country that comes close to the density that NYC has.

    That's also a fact. But we know you don't let facts get in your way.

    Okay back to ignoring the ignorant I go.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 04-05-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #1540
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Then there is the fact that despite the stay at home orders , cuomo and deblasio both are fine with the subways operating with more trains instead of less or being shut down . And why isnít the medical ship that arrived last week still not being used ? And if cuomo is doing a better job than trump why does his stare have more infections than any other state ?
    More trains less congestion, more open space. Some people need to work, unfortunately mass transit is their only means of transport. Do I wish it were different and not the case? Yes

    The ship, Comfort, is not being used due to fed red tape. Originally it was intended for NON COVID patients. NY had to petition the feds to get special permission for Covid-19 patients.

    The last question is simply ignorance to the basic science in play, NYC and NJ are the most densely populated places in the Country! NYC is a hub for international travel and commerce. The virus doesn't discriminate. Personally I feel much more comfortable with Cuomo's response than the other guy.

  11. #1541
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Thatís the thing with the shutdown you donít have nearly as many customers using the subways now , so why did they up the amount of subway trains being in service ?

  12. #1542
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    More trains less congestion, more open space. Some people need to work, unfortunately mass transit is their only means of transport. Do I wish it were different and not the case? Yes

    The ship, Comfort, is not being used due to fed red tape. Originally it was intended for NON COVID patients. NY had to petition the feds to get special permission for Covid-19 patients.

    The last question is simply ignorance to the basic science in play, NYC and NJ are the most densely populated places in the Country! NYC is a hub for international travel and commerce. The virus doesn't discriminate. Personally I feel much more comfortable with Cuomo's response than the other guy.
    Well I donít feel any better with cuomoís response to this than trump and you have given me no reason to think that . You keep shouting ďfactsĒ ďfactsĒ but nowhere have you shown how cuomo has been doing any better than trump . Other than their different speaking styles . And I donít give a crap about speaking styles Since actions speak louder than words .

  13. #1543
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,406
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  14. #1544
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Meanwhile what about the crime that has risen since prisoners were released?

    Huge spikes, Iím talking like 65%+ in robberies....DeBlasio and Cuomo were horrible with this decision.
    Is that a scurrilous correlation or a direct correlation ? The crime rate may have peaked at the same time that some prisoners have been released, however, have the prisoners themselves who have been released been the direct perpetrators in these crimes ? I donít know the answer and the answer will determine if those elected officials merit criticism about it. You mention robberies going up. Well people living in poverty or check to check who may now not be working will take and rob, that is logical in desperate times. The highest rate of crime increase has been car break ins as well as assaults, which can be tied to stress and hostility that this lock down has caused. Also you have opportunists who do bad. Well to that end I am a home owner and have a licensed fire arm and my wife and I are trained in case any one attempts to break in, I told you I am a conservative. I believe in the right to defend yourself, although I hope to not inflict a gunshot to someone for robbery alone. However, I pray that anyone who trespasses into my home makes no movement indicating intended harm or they will be dead.

  15. #1545
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    My military time ended in 85, but I do work for the Government. Yes plans were in place as like all things. I am not affiliated with one party or the other. I support my job and I applaud the good and dislike the bad. What had happened and what is still happening is unchartered waters. We could have done better. Information that we were taking in was not all truthful. We were more or less expecting this to be a lot slower than it was. You really don't want to hit the panic button and have people running around freaking out. No one wants to fail under their watch. No one reacts the same. People have strengths and weaknesses. I am not in a position to say what is right or wrong. In my opinion our Government has too much red tape and the decision makers have to take too many punches before they can start delivering their own. Yes I agree with everyone on this board that things should have been done differently and I hope for the best for all. I understand I am new to PSD and what I text may not come out perfect and people read it different than what I mean.
    Fro, my perspective you have been informed, honest and fair in all posts. I may not agree with everything but I do with the majority and I have not taken any offense to you thinking differently from me and don't feel like you have insulted anyone.
    And I've ben here a long time. I will look forward to the time when we are posting about baseball.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •