Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 131 of 378 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 5660
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    OK, here is my philosophical question.
    You have two choices, that's it. You have to pick answer 1 or answer 2

1-Covid rips through the country and claims many lives, it slows and we find a vaccine in the fall but the original numbers feared will come true and hundreds of thousands die. The economy is in trouble. Biden wins

2- The virus slows. A vaccine is created. The economy slowly recovers and regains its form. Trump stays president.

I pick 2

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

But what if, Covid rips through the country and claims many lives, it slows and we find a vaccine in the fall but the original numbers feared will come true and hundreds of thousands die. The economy is in trouble. Trump is re-elected!
    Last edited by drt1010; 04-10-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I wonder how long the quarantine will actually last. I really can't see majority of the public agreeing to a stay at home order for much longer than maybe 3 months or so. Zero chance people are content just chilling for 6 months + imo.

Every day since April 4 (34,196 new cases) the new case number has been lower than that. So we're at almost a week straight of fewer than that peak number. The numbers still aren't great, but the fact that they aren't still climbing the way they were has to be a good sign.
    Also, daily deaths have gone slightly down over the past 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I wonder how long the quarantine will actually last. I really can't see majority of the public agreeing to a stay at home order for much longer than maybe 3 months or so. Zero chance people are content just chilling for 6 months + imo.
    I think we need at least another month. I still think after that, people need to be really smart. There should be no venues where people have to be within 6 feet of each other. It may sound extreme but come the fall, I think it returns. If it is not eradicated and only those who've had it have immunity,, it won't stop until there is a vaccine or everyone has gotten it.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

But what if, Covid rips through the country and claims many lives, it slows and we find a vaccine in the fall but the original numbers feared will come true and hundreds of thousands die. The economy is in trouble. Trump is re-elected!
    Then we a phenomenally stupid nation.

Every day since April 4 (34,196 new cases) the new case number has been lower than that. So we're at almost a week straight of fewer than that peak number. The numbers still aren't great, but the fact that they aren't still climbing the way they were has to be a good sign.
    Also, daily deaths have gone slightly down over the past 3 days.
    The numbers and hopefully the science will dictate.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Honestly Klown, and im not trying to insult anyone here, when was the last time u think the majority of this nation looked smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Then we a phenomenally stupid nation.
    Well.....he does still have nearly 50% approval according to recent FOX poll!

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-fox-news-poll

Probably won't see anyone charging the mound on Chappy, WOWhttps://twitter.com/AChapman_105/sta...40195494236163

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think we need at least another month. I still think after that, people need to be really smart. There should be no venues where people have to be within 6 feet of each other. It may sound extreme but come the fall, I think it returns. If it is not eradicated and only those who've had it have immunity,, it won't stop until there is a vaccine or everyone has gotten it.
    A month I could do. But eventually I'm going to need to go back to work. As will millions of others. I'm still fortunate to be getting paid while off, at least thru next week, then I have about 3 weeks of PTO I can use. Can probably make that last 5 weeks or so by using 30 hrs a week. But eventually gonna need to actually go and do my job. Both for money and my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Probably won't see anyone charging the mound on Chappy, WOWhttps://twitter.com/AChapman_105/sta...40195494236163
    I could take him

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Honestly Klown, and im not trying to insult anyone here, when was the last time u think the majority of this nation looked smart?
    Never!
    But there is a difference between, "not really smart" and "completely ****ing stupid".

I could take him
    Just the first 7 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You don’t seem to get it. Forget the rate.

34,500 vs 15,000

I’m talking numbers.

34,000 families lost love ones too.
    The flu is part of everyday life. They have vaccines for it but not everyone gets them and it doesnt cover every strain even when you do. The corona virus is much more dangerous. 3% is a very high rate and the only reason why 100s of thousands of people are not going to die from this is because there isnt enough available testing to know the severity of its spread and the fact that people are observing social distancing and staying home.

That trend has to continue though. We cant just take that good news about the slowing of the virus and all of a sudden go back to normal life.