Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 128 of 352 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 5267
  1. #1906
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,503
    Quote from a grocery worker interviewed on MSNBC: "I feel like 'essential' just stands for exhausted and expendable."
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  2. #1907
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,869
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Quote from a grocery worker interviewed on MSNBC: "I feel like 'essential' just stands for exhausted and expendable."
    This is one thing unfortunately we can't get around. People need food, they need cleaning supplies, etc. Stores have to be open. That said, there are ways for these grocery chains to be taking care of their employees better. Whether its providing them with PPE, paying them a better hourly rate, etc.

    Its one of those things where you can work or join the 17 million people out of work because of the virus.

  3. #1908
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,845
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-dis...132059427.html

    Didn't take long before these morons at Fox News started to suggest that the coronavirus death toll was inflated. They must be getting their cue from Rush Limbaugh.
    Well, a Minnesota doc openly admitted they've been given pages of death certificates and told to put down COVID19 as cause of death.
    I'm also sure there are people who maybe had COVID19, but were asymptomatic and died of something else. But they probably go ahead and put COVID19 as the cause of death even though it might have had zero to do w it.
    I'm also sure there are people who have died from it who didn't get tested and therefore don't count at all towards the numbers.

  4. #1909
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,607
    Cuomo just shut down golf courses.

    Mush would probably lose his ****.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #1910
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,845
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Cuomo just shut down golf courses.

    Mush would probably lose his ****.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He'd still play. He'd be like woohooooo got the course all to myself!

  6. #1911
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,503
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is one thing unfortunately we can't get around. People need food, they need cleaning supplies, etc. Stores have to be open. That said, there are ways for these grocery chains to be taking care of their employees better. Whether its providing them with PPE, paying them a better hourly rate, etc.

    Its one of those things where you can work or join the 17 million people out of work because of the virus.
    Well....If we are in a war, as our newly minted ans self proclaimed wartime president announced, ALL essential workers deserve combat pay!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  7. #1912
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    17,992
    Every death counts but in 2019 we had 34,500 Influenza deaths in the US....

    CNN just goes on and on about the deaths with Coronvirus but where were they last year with the 34,500 that perished to the common flu?

    We currently have 15,777 and of course we will have more but just saying why do they just focus on certain numbers...
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  8. #1913
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,503
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Cuomo just shut down golf courses.

    Mush would probably lose his ****.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    IDK, golf courses seem like a safe place. Plenty of open space and fresh air. Room to enforce social distance. Don't allow carts evryone walks! My home course has been shuttered for weeks (they stay open year round). I am pissed.
    Close the clubhouse and dining rooms, but the course?

    I am going to have to discuss this with my new fave candidate senor Clown.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  9. #1914
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,503
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Every death counts but in 2019 we had 34,500 Influenza deaths in the US....

    CNN just goes on and on about the deaths with Coronvirus but where were they last year with the 34,500 that perished to the common flu?

    We currently have 15,777 and of course we will have more but just saying why do they just focus on certain numbers...
    It wasn't completely ignored, the seasonal flu isn't a pandemic. It's generally not novel, is fairly well known and course of action and treatment is available. But your point is taken.

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/healt...-bn/index.html
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  10. #1915
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,869
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Every death counts but in 2019 we had 34,500 Influenza deaths in the US....

    CNN just goes on and on about the deaths with Coronvirus but where were they last year with the 34,500 that perished to the common flu?

    We currently have 15,777 and of course we will have more but just saying why do they just focus on certain numbers...
    The flu doesn't have a death rate of 3% of the people it inflicts like the coronavirus has had in the US. To put that into perspective, the flu only kills 0.1% of the people it infects.

    The flu doesn't spread a-symptomatically like this does either. Do you understand how dangerous that makes this virus?
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-09-2020 at 03:00 PM.

  11. #1916
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,869
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Well....If we are in a war, as our newly minted ans self proclaimed wartime president announced, ALL essential workers deserve combat pay!
    Well this president is a moron so what do you expect? The Senate and Congress laughingly believe 1200 bucks is sufficient when 17 million people have lost their jobs since this virus began. Yes I understand there are improved unemployment benefits but good luck trying to get them.

    I've been on the phone with them for a week and still can't get a hold of a real person and that's after submitting it online.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-09-2020 at 03:12 PM.

  12. #1917
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,869
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Well, a Minnesota doc openly admitted they've been given pages of death certificates and told to put down COVID19 as cause of death.
    I'm also sure there are people who maybe had COVID19, but were asymptomatic and died of something else. But they probably go ahead and put COVID19 as the cause of death even though it might have had zero to do w it.
    I'm also sure there are people who have died from it who didn't get tested and therefore don't count at all towards the numbers.
    Sure but what % of people are we talking about? Its hard to put a quantifiable number on those things and like you said, there are plenty of people who are dying from COVID-19 who were never tested for it. I bet you that number is more significant than we are giving it credit for.

    Either way, that's not the type of inflation Fox News is talking about. They are trying to divert attention away from how serious this virus is.

  13. #1918
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,503
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well this president is a moron so what do you expect? The Senate and Congress laughingly believe 1200 bucks is sufficient when 17 million people have filed for unemployment since this virus began. Yes I understand there are improved unemployment benefits but good luck trying to get them.

    I've been on the phone with them for a week and still can't get a hold of a real person and that's after submitting it online.


    Well maybe part of the problem has to do with priorities:

    -Stop vote-by-mail
    -Ban abortions
    -Bailout corporations
    -Keep churches open
    -Delay stay-at-home orders
    -Close Obamacare marketplaces
    -Convince people to risk lives to save economy
    -Blame Obama
    -Pretend they never called it a hoax
    -Blame Obama
    -Blame China
    -Blame Obama
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  14. #1919
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,869
    The Republicans and Democrats should be working on a new stimulus package as well. I'm sure it will become a debate about pork spending when the priority should be getting money to American citizens but whatever.

    I know the Republicans were looking to add 250 billion dollars to the small business loan sector which is a good idea but its not enough. Honestly I wasn't impressed with either stimulus package because I don't believe the government really understands the gravity of this economically.

  15. #1920
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Republicans and Democrats should be working on a new stimulus package as well. I'm sure it will become a debate about pork spending when the priority should be getting money to American citizens but whatever.

    I know the Republicans were looking to add 250 billion dollars to the small business loan sector which is a good idea but its not enough. Honestly I wasn't impressed with either stimulus package because I don't believe the government really understands the gravity of this economically.
    the democrats had agreed to that package in return for another huge package of equal value for there priorities..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •