Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 63 of 380 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 5686
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,922
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Have YOU brought anything new here too?

    How about it?

    Look in the mirror, you are no different than me, you are just on the opposite side....

    And you know what?

    We should be all together in this....But all I hear is negative crap about how bad Trump has been doing.
    Because I back up my opinions with facts. You blame previous administrations, go on completely unrelated rants to the points people are making, and are in support of everything the president is doing. He's good for your stock portfolio, i get it. There are more important things in this world than money (like human lives).

    Its scary you believe this dumb ****. No way this world should be going back to any type of normalcy for the indefinite future. The virus determines the timeline, not the president.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because I back up my opinions with facts. You keep blaming previous administrations and are completely okay with everything the president is doing. He's good for your stock portfolio, i get it. There are more important things in this world than money (like human lives).

    Its scary you believe this dumb ****. No way this world should be going back to any type of normalcy for the indefinite future. The virus determines the timeline, not the president.
    Has he even been good for his stock portfolio ? I doubt it.

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because I back up my opinions with facts. You blame previous administrations, go on completely unrelated rants to the points people are making, and are in support of everything the president is doing. He's good for your stock portfolio, i get it. There are more important things in this world than money (like human lives).

    Its scary you believe this dumb ****. No way this world should be going back to any type of normalcy for the indefinite future. The virus determines the timeline, not the president.
    If you knew anything about economics you would know the world staying like this indefinitely would end up killing far more people than the virus would . So yea things have to start opening back up in the not too distant future . And you say you are posting facts but in all if your posts you constantly leave out the biggest fact and that is the US government on EVERY level dropped the ball on this , not just one man.
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-29-2020 at 02:48 PM.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If you knew anything about economics you would know the world staying like this indefinitely would end up killing far more people than the virus would . So yea things have to start opening back up in the not too distant future .
    Umm no and that's a moronic stance. The world has 7.8 billion people. If you re-open the world soon and let's say 200 million people catch this disease (which is only 2.5% of the world's population) at the rate this virus kills (it's almost 4.5% of the people affected globally) that's nearly 9 million deaths.

    That's assuming only 200 million get it. Put the world back to its everyday lives and you'll see that number become exponentially larger.

    I don't need your help with math btw.

    There are ways to pay for this stuff later. This country will do it. Other countries don't have the same financial resources but there are ways to support their citizens to some extent financially and in no way will staying at home for another month cause the magnitude of death this disease will if the world treats it like you suggest.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-29-2020 at 03:03 PM.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,782
    3-million people became jobless in the first week before the oncoming small-business massacre happened and people were already forecasting a 15-30% GDP decline.

    When asked to place the effect of the shut-down in historical context the closest thing I can come up with is Sherman's March to the FCKNING SEA.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Umm no and that's a moronic stance. The world has 7.8 billion people. If you re-open the world soon and let's say 200 million people catch this disease (which is only 1.5% of the world's population) at the rate this virus kills (it's almost 4.5% of the people affected globally) that's nearly 9 million deaths.

    That's assuming only 200 million get it. Put the world back to its everyday lives and you'll see that number become exponentially larger.

    I don't need your help with math btw.

    There are ways to pay for this stuff later. This country will do it. Other countries don't have the same financial resources but there are ways to support their citizens to some extent financially and in no way will staying at home for another month cause the magnitude of death this disease will if the world treats it like you suggest.
    If you bothered to actually read what I said I was talking about what the effect of an indefinite shut down would be . Nowhere did I say that everything should be going back to normal soon . I said that things would have to start opening back up sometime in the not too distant future . And last I checked a month is the not too distant future .,
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-29-2020 at 03:13 PM.

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If you bothered to actually read what I said I was talking about the effect of an indefinite shut down would be . Nowhere did I say that everything should be going back to normal soon . I said that things would have to start opening back up sometime in the not too distant future . And last I checked a month is the not too distant future .,
    It might be longer than that pal. The way this virus spreads, it could be till June or July before we see any normalcy and that is incumbent on American citizens staying at home. Heck, the world staying home. If we continue ignoring those things, it will be longer.

    And the president should be lock step with the medical community on how things are going to go. Not pushing his own agenda.

    Its okay to admit you didn't understand the gravity of this virus btw. The way you talk, it certainly doesn't sound like you do.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-29-2020 at 03:13 PM.

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It might be longer than that pal. The way this virus spreads, it could be till June or July before we see any normalcy and that is incumbent on American citizens staying at home. Heck, the world staying home. If we continue ignoring those things, it will be longer.

    And the president should be lock step with the medical community on how things are going to go. Not pushing his own agenda.

    Its okay to admit you didn't understand the gravity of this virus btw. The way you talk, it certainly doesn't sound like you do.
    And like you do? I know how fast the virus spreads and I know how bad it is , I have family in ny . But I do know that things will have to start opening back up eventually or the economy will collapse . And more people will suffer from a collapsed economy than from the virus . Famine , and violence from it have killed more people in history than any virus ever has .

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,545
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, don’t post media sources that just show negativity towards Trump.

    He could himself find a cure and those media sources wouldn’t even acknowledge it so save your opposition bullspit.
    Media sources? The NY Times Nicky. Before Trump disparaged them as fake news they were the most trusted source in the country if not the world. They lean a bit left of center, but are highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for news information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  10. #940
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And like you do? I know how fast the virus spreads and I know how bad it is , I have family in ny . But I do know that things will have to start opening back up eventually or the economy will collapse . And more people will suffer from a collapsed economy than from the virus . Famine , and violence from it have killed more people in history than any virus ever has .
    I have a better grasp of it than you do.

    No you don't because you keep agreeing with this idiot in office. Duh about the financial ramifications. We are all aware that people need to get back to work at some point but right now saving lives should be most important. Not getting back to work by Easter because you have a president who also doesn't understand the gravity of what is going on around him.

  11. #941
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I have a better grasp of it than you do.

    No you don't because you keep agreeing with this idiot in office. Duh about the financial ramifications. We are all aware that people need to get back to work at some point but right now saving lives should be most important. Not getting back to work by Easter because you have a president who also doesn't understand the gravity of what is going on around him.
    First of all trump said he hoped things could start opening by Easter but he has never said he would do so . All he has done is voice his opinions on this virus . Everything he has done lately has been what the officials told him to do . Second you keep saying that I feel things should be getting back to normal soon . Nowhere did I ever say that .

  12. #942
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    33,940
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What about his comment?

    You are even bias towards me.....hilarious!
    No. Why wish misery on anyone?

    I've never wished you ill will. Why wish someone else misery?


    Let me ask you Mush, what do you think of people beating up or verbally assaulting Asian people and saying "you caused this"?



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,545
    Nicky you claim I am too negative. Truth is, I post fact not fiction. In all honesty are you ok with this nonsense? Only a reality TV president would brag about his popularity and TV ratings while the country is in the middle of a public health crisis. He has lost touch with reality, body count is mounting and he's tweeting about HIMSELF! He is not well. You can't make this stuff up.

    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
    Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!
    83K
    1:06 PM - Mar 29, 2020


    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
    “President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...
    1:48 PM · Mar 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
    ...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...
    10.4K
    1:48 PM - Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-29-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  14. #944
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    First of all trump said he hoped things could start opening by Easter but he has never said he would do so . All he has done is voice his opinions on this virus . Everything he has done lately has been what the officials told him to do . Second you keep saying that I feel things should be getting back to normal soon . Nowhere did I ever say that .
    And his opinions are idiotic and directly contradict the medical community and the doctors advising him. Again, he shouldn't be trying to dictate a timeline. He should leave that to people much more qualified than him and echoing the same messages. He should leave the petty twitter ******** for another day and stop looking for gratitude in regards to signing a bill. That's his ****ing job.

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And his opinions are idiotic and directly contradict the medical community and the doctors advising him. Again, he shouldn't be trying to dictate a timeline. He should leave that to people much more qualified than him and echoing the same messages. He should leave the petty twitter ******** for another day and stop looking for gratitude in regards to signing a bill. That's his ****ing job.

    He is not dictating any timeline he is giving his opinion , two different things . Again his actions during the pandemic not his words show that he has been listening to the advice the experts have given him . He was one of the first world leaders to impose travel bans over two months ago . But of course he was attacked for that too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •