Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
    The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.
    Trump's administration was briefed on the playbook’s existence in 2017, said four former officials.

By DAN DIAMOND and NAHAL TOOSI

03/25/2020 08:00 PM EDT
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...council-149285
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

So trump was the only elected official In this entire world that had this “ playbook” ? No other leader in any other country had it?

Heres a thought. In times of crisis and national emergency the Governor of NY can invoke eminent domain to convert buildings in midtown Manhattan into hospitals, 725 5th Ave. would be a good place to start. Also consider 845 United Nations Plaza and Park Avenue & 59th Street.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    Is this so we all have to think alike?
    Think what you like. But think critically and independently. Not think like a cult member who fights to the last breath to defend the dear leader Think. The thought process is that of a cult member. They don't care what others outside of believers believe . It's what I think about MAGA people. I have said this for years and I see no reason to change. He said he knew his supporters and that he could kill someone in broad day light and they would still love him and never abandon him. The cult of personality is so powerful.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 03-29-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Think what you like. But think critically and independently. Not think like a cult member who fights to the last breath to defend the dear leader Think. The thought process is that of a cult member. They don't care what others outside of believers believe . It's what I think MAGA people. I have said this for years and I see no reason to change. He said he knew his supporters and that he could kill someone in broad day light and they would still love him and never abandon him. The cult of personality is so powerful.

Same thing could be said about those who attack and criticize trump at every turn .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Same thing could be said about those who attack and criticize trump at every turn .
    How is your family doing this period ? Point for your reflection, you responded to my post nearly immediately after I posted to defend dear leader. You must have been at your post at the ready to defend your dear leader. I have not posted for an evening and the morning but you were here to defend Trump and did so immediately. What does that say if not cult like devotion ??? You have critized Cuomo have I defended Cuomo once, no. If Cuomo messed up let him face the consequences later at election time, no big deal to me. I don't have a devotion to any elected official. But Trump supporters do to where they stay vigilant to defend him as if they are serving some religious practice.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 03-29-2020 at 11:19 AM.

[QUOTE=flimflamman;33434036]How is your family doing this period ?[/QUOTE

They are fine . They are more worried about the economy than the virus. How is yours doing ?

[QUOTE=Posada20;33434040][QUOTE=flimflamman;33434036]How is your family doing this period ?[/QUOTE

They are fine . They are more worried about the economy than the virus. How is yours doing ? The economy doesn't matter if your dead or it kills someone you love.

Due to a lack of COVID19 testing, this deadly coronavirus has been spreading UNDETECTED in the U.S. for months.

Dr. Dena Grayson
    @DrDenaGrayson
    · 16h
    Warning sign#NYC sets the fastest pace of #COVID19 deaths that are *MORE THAN DOUBLING* every 2 days, followed by #Spain (Catalonia, Madrid) and #Paris (Ile-de-#France).

Deaths in #Louisiana and NJ are *doubling every 2 days*, as #coronavirus deaths in #FL accelerate.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Heres a thought. In times of crisis and national emergency the Governor of NY can invoke eminent domain to convert buildings in midtown Manhattan into hospitals, 725 5th Ave. would be a good place to start. Also consider 845 United Nations Plaza and Park Avenue & 59th Street.
    I am surprised the National Guard Unit hasn't set up a portable hospital, or at least a staging space. I know that area has a lot of people but it could help with the hospitals being overwhelmed.

just curious about the ages of people here and do any of you have pore-existing conditions that will make you more vulnerable to the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    I am surprised the National Guard Unit hasn't set up a portable hospital, or at least a staging space. I know that area has a lot of people but it could help with the hospitals being overwhelmed.
    They already have the javits center being prepped with over 1000 beds . And there is a navy medical ship on its way to nyc too

Dr, I see your game..

You are just trying to show how bad Trump has been.... This is your platform....you have nothing else to get him on anymore, economy was Roaring! This is all you got, sad.

Before you say anything negative about Trump AND telling us all how bad he has been doing how about telling US ALL where this VIRUS ORIGINATED from?

You sure seem to ignore that!

You know, accountability?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-29-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Dr, putting POLITICS ASIDE, I don’t know what anybody could have done to stop th is from traveling the world....

You act like he was supposed to but some huge barrier around the country and nothing gets in.......

Thst is the real problem, anything he did the politics just comes out like xenophobia...

No matter what he does right or wrong it will be bad.....he can’t do anything right no matter what he does according to the opposition to Trump.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-29-2020 at 01:44 PM.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nicky I have responded to this several times earlier. NO president could have been prepared in terms of equipment and material need. However our response was late and less than optimal. Again, as I have said several times....his transition team was briefed, he was left a manual on response, he ignored it. Time lost in denial could have been better spent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/u...-pandemic.html
    Dr, don’t post media sources that just show negativity towards Trump.

He could himself find a cure and those media sources wouldn’t even acknowledge it so save your opposition bullspit.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels