Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 406 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It doesn't matter who the president is, why didn't he follow this is the question? Why did he not listen to experts?
    It matters because at this moment in time HE holds the fate of too many lives in his hands.

He takes every opportunity to remind us he inherited a broken system. We were totally unprepared. But yet here is a manual, prepared by experts providing a road map and it's ignored. Why? My gut tells me, because it has Obama's fingerprints on it! Petty and vindictive and it will cost lives.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Our lives will change economically. But maybe we all be better off if we become more humble, less materialistic, and more concerned with the well being of not just us.
    I
    We can only hope.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, Clown,

I know we have it here. I know it is bad. I’m not arguing that.

My arguments are with China’s numbers and how we surpassed them.

The spin comes out now. The US has surpassed China...

Why are we even mentioning their numbers to begin with?

They are far from correct yet the media will still use theirs for a comparison to the US and that is a SPIN JOB!
    Nick, I hear you. Can we trust China, should we trust China? No. But the data is coming from WHO. They are a totalitarian regime that was able to put things in effect that wouldn't fly here or in any democratic society. Their lockdown was enforced by the military. Imo they reacted quickly to test and confine. We did the opposite in many ways, we denied it.

What can't be denied is what is here now and our collective response. What can be learned from S Korea and China -quick testing, social distancing and confinement are the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick, I hear you. Can we trust China, should we trust China? No. But the data is coming from WHO. They are a totalitarian regime that was able to put things in effect that wouldn't fly here or in any democratic society. Their lockdown was enforced by the military. Imo they reacted quickly to test and confine. We did the opposite in many ways, we denied it.

What can't be denied is what is here now and our collective response. What can be learned from S Korea and China -quick testing, social distancing and confinement are the keys.

If we shouldn’t trust China then why should we believe they were successful against the virus like they are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Roho Red View Post
    In the Asian countries the people hang out at the Malls and Markets whether they have money or not. This is the same for Middle East countries. People hang out to socialize. Both of these cultures have huge religious gatherings daily. Both of these cultures live in fear and the common person will not tell you everything. The United States by far is more prepared and has way more than both of these cultures combined. They just utilize what they have better. We just complain about it.
    Of course. Chinese people do a lot of Western culture type things and there are plenty of densely populated cities in China. That said, they aren't doing what I showed in that video as we currently speak. They're not gathering in parks in large numbers, they are not congregating in city streets, they are not doing their normal routines. They are not gathering for religion either. They are staying home. India just locked their country down for 3 weeks for example.

The US might be better prepared but the people don't do the right things. If American people and the American government (state, federal, local) had taken this more seriously from the start, the curve might have been flattened already but they didn't and now the apex has yet to come.

What if the people who are congregating together at the parks are coworkers, roommates, family members, neighbors who have already been in close contact with each for weeks. They know each other have shared close proximity with each other. So they figure and perhaps correctly they can't infect each other they already have or havent.
    Why would you even take a chance? I hope you're being facetious. Hard to know over an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Let’s cut the BS, China doesn’t tell the world the real numbers...

Explain this....

China’s curve hits a high and then all of sudden has a very steep drop. That doesn’t add up....

Explain that one Dr and Clown.
    Through the magic of being a mod, i can see your deleted post. Look, I'm just quoting the guy you voted for. He's a moron. He thinks getting back to work within the next 2 weeks is a realistic possibility for everyone.

No, I want a president who takes this virus seriously and main concern isn't his re-election in November or governors "appreciating" what he does for them throughout this process. Also he needs to grow up and spend ****ing less time on Twitter. Be the president, act like a grown man, understand this is going to take some time before everything is back to normal and if that means passing more legislation to help people and businesses in the interim so be it. This isn't people living off government. There's a worldwide pandemic that is now concentrated mostly in the USA so we need to play it carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Why would you even take a chance? I hope you're being facetious. Hard to know over an internet forum.
    A walk in the woods after a week lock down is like a week on a beach resort

A walk in the woods after a week lock down is like a week on a beach resort
    If you're separated from people, sure. There were a decent amount of people in close proximity to each other in that video. Not to mention the people sharing exercise equipment. I mean yikes.

If you're separated from people, sure. There were a decent amount of people in close proximity to each other in that video. Not to mention the people sharing exercise equipment. I mean yikes.
    I don't believe I was in the photo your mentioning, lol. My family and dog went walking in the woods. Parking lot was full but we spoke to no one else. People were with their families and friends in separate groups.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    It matters because at this moment in time HE holds the fate of too many lives in his hands.

He takes every opportunity to remind us he inherited a broken system. We were totally unprepared. But yet here is a manual, prepared by experts providing a road map and it's ignored. Why? My gut tells me, because it has Obama's fingerprints on it! Petty and vindictive and it will cost lives.
    I was just taking out politics. It's the presidents job regardless of party affiliation to do the right things.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore him.
    He has a poster of an orangutan on the all of the bridge under which he lives.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

New follow-up study by Dr. Raoult.

N=80 (COVID-19) patients.

Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin.

-93% tested negative in at day 8

-97.5% had no virus in lungs after 5 days.

https://mediterranee-infection.com/w...ID-IHU-2-1.pdf

His methods and design on previous study came under attack. This is a follow up to the original with much larger sample.

New Hampshire had to close hiking trails because they were so crowded.

If you don't live in the city, you are lucky. You might have a yard or parks that are big enough that you rarely even see people.
    I walk my dog in the woods at least an hour a day. I bump into friends and we keep at least a few feet apart and since we are walking the same direction, I'm not concerned with coughing or spitting on one another, we avoid petting each others pups right now (although it happens and when it does ,you wash hands and the dog when you get home) and when someone else comes through, you move off the path so the person can get through with a good 6 feet of distance.

People need to socialize and should be allowed to do it, as long as they are smart. That''s the issue, they aren't.

My wife and I were talking about this and I think this distancing is going to stick around for the foreseeable future, even after this crisis ends. We will get used to that space and want to have it all the time.

New follow-up study by Dr. Raoult.

N=80 (COVID-19) patients.

Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin.

-93% tested negative in at day 8

-97.5% had no virus in lungs after 5 days.

https://mediterranee-infection.com/w...ID-IHU-2-1.pdf

His methods and design on previous study came under attack. This is a follow up to the original with much larger sample.
    This would truly be incredible.

If I'm not mistaken, he's only using seriously ill people?
    So basically if you are healthy enough to fight it, you fight it. If you aren't, you have a chance.