Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 564 of 620 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9290
  1. #8446
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,690
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sounds like fearful leadership to me lol
    I'll take overly careful over grossly incompetent all damn day.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  2. #8447
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36,995
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I don't think it's motivated by fear 28. I think it's caution and safety at the forefront. Life is precious to some, preserving each and everyone matters. Unless you live in the US where we all seem to be expendable, particularly if you are a senior or a person of color. If you happen to be a senior person of color.....I don't like your odds.
    Maybe it's bc I'm 31 and healthy, I just don't really worry about it. I wear a mask anywhere I go, and gloves too in peoples homes for work, wash/sanitize my hands wayyyy more than I ever used to. I'm all for social distancing too. Hell I'll probably miss that part when things eventually get back to normal. I just don't agree with full on shut downs.

  3. #8448
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I don't trust any megalomaniac. Given the opportunity he would seize power in a heartbeat. Look behind the curtain Nick. The man is flawed to the core. His narcissism craves power and control. For him there is NO power like absolute power!
    Ok, when he is 90 years old and still in power then Iíll believe you.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  4. #8449
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    A little perspective Nicky. New Zealand just had its first 4 cases in 102 days, so she locked down Auckland immediately.

    The whole damn city for 4 people. That's FEARLESS leadership.
    Dr, I doubt the actual death numbers in the US. I believe a lot is fabricated for effect.

    Living in the world of Covid is manageable. For the most part healthy people who get the virus are not going to die. And that is the crap I canít stand. The media, the Dems use the deaths as a scare tactic. For the most part healthy people who get it will be ill for 3-8 days.

    Professional Sports is going on no matter what the virus does. Again, it is manageable.

    You cannot shut down the entire US economy over a stupid virus. So using a tiny tiny Country like New Zealand is hilarious Dr. And Iím not saying ignore it or be stupid but it is still manageable.

    Iím irritated on how political this virus has become. If you take the politics out then maybe people would be more serious with it in helping to avoid the spread.

    And then the death numbers is not accurate one bit. Iím talking about the shady crap going on with people dying with other issues and then they get stacked in the Covid pile and that is sickening for anybody who does that garbage.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  5. #8450
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I said this a week or so back, Yes. I think he would start a conflict to try and stay in office. He is going to do anything he can to keep control

    Mush, I am going to ask you try something. how about addressing each of us as individuals and not as Dems.
    You have essentially labeled anyone who doesn't like trump as a liberal or a dem.

    And before you cry about people labeling you, the reason you got that label was because you began with the liberal/dem compartmentalizing of anyone anti Trump.

    If you disagree with my on my feelings about the issue, that's fine. But it doesn't make me a liberal, a conservative a moderate, a left or a righty.
    The same goes for Doc and Day, and Flimflam, Metsone, SPliffrtone, RC... 7-8 of the most common posters are all far left according to your commentary.

    I had Called you out being far right because you seemingly refused to flat out denounce racism, sexism, homophobia and for calling anyone who criticized Trump," lefties." while refusing to acknowledge his constant mistakes and foolishness.

    I would actually argue that some of the people you accuse of being liberal are actually more conservative than you. They just despise all Trump represents.

    Clown, get serious. The Country is divided down the middle. 90% of the Democrats hate Trump. 15% of the Republicans hate Trump. So most of the people on this forum who participates are mostly democrats. And I have never called anybody who is a Democrat a bad person or made fun of them or ridiculed them. I donít care about allegiance of any party. I do t always agree with the Democrats view. Does that make me a bad person? But according to you if I have any spec of support of Trump Iím just as bad as he is. So if I agree with his economic policies and disagree with everything else does that mean Iím a piece of trash?

    I have NEVER SAID I agreed with kids being taken away from a parent. I also know there is a lot of shady crap going on that kids are used as political tools and that is sickening.

    Again, my final explanation with my view of US immigration. I support anybody who complies with policy and doesnít use loopholes or use political tools to get in the Country. Do it legally. Loopholes need to be closed.

    What is wrong with that?

    My issue with people on here is you have to agree with just one side and we all know what side that is. And If not then you are scum ****. Or that is how you are looked at on here.

    I can guarantee you that if anybody got to know me personally that you would welcome me as a loyal friend.

    I play golf with 3 Democrats and we constantly talk and laugh about politics during our rounds of Golf. The donít label me as garbage just because I would disagree with their views. And I feel that is how me and Posada get treated at times from a few not all just a few.

    And personally I donít give a damn what People day about me or think of me...and I donít run to the teacher. Anybody who runs to the teacher needs help.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  6. #8451
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Why is College Sports going dark this fall?

    Because of a virus?

    Politics has now entered College sports.

    One question?

    How many deaths have been reported with all athletes in College and in Pros?

    How many?

    Did you say zero?

    Yes you did. ZERO!

    The age group and how healthy the college athletes and the Pro athletes are make it safe to play.

    Who runs these Colleges? Liberals and they want everything to shutdown because Trump doesnít. Do everything opposite of Trump.

    So political and so ridiculous!
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  7. #8452
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,724
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why is College Sports going dark this fall?

    Because of a virus?

    Politics has now entered College sports.

    One question?

    How many deaths have been reported with all athletes in College and in Pros?

    How many?

    Did you say zero?

    Yes you did. ZERO!

    The age group and how healthy the college athletes and the Pro athletes are make it safe to play.

    Who runs these Colleges? Liberals and they want everything to shutdown because Trump doesnít. Do everything opposite of Trump.

    So political and so ridiculous!

    pan∑dem∑ic
    /panˈdemik/

    adjective
    (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin
    ďThe greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.Ē --- Seneca



  8. #8453
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    pan∑dem∑ic
    /panˈdemik/

    adjective
    (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

    Oh stop it Dr.

    This thing is manageable and you know it.

    If Trump was telling us that the same virus was bad the opposition like you and others would be saying it is ok and manageable.

    So how many deaths with the athletes Dr?

    Did you find any?


    The key word is MANAGEABLE.

    I canít name one pro player who is in ICU after they were tested positive.

    Can you?

    Most of the Marlins players are back. Obviously the other still have to stay in quarantine and they will be back as well.

    Why did they stop these games?

    What was the purpose of having 60 player rosters?

    Damn, The Cards have played 5 games. Why didnít they call up the others who were available and use them to play the games?

    MLB is run by idiots!

    So what if they have 22 rookies playing, the game must still go on.

    Again, they had extra rosters to counter this virus and they donít even use those extra players.

    What a freaking joke!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  9. #8454
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,724
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Oh stop it Dr.

    This thing is manageable and you know it.

    If Trump was telling us that the same virus was bad the opposition like you and others would be saying the opposite.

    So how many deaths with the athletes Dr?
    Yes I see how well it's been managed. 163K and counting. By far the worst response in the world.

    I agree it' manageable, in order to do so you need competent leadership. We failed on that score. We can't wish it away, it will not magically disappear.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin
    ďThe greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.Ē --- Seneca



  10. #8455
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yes I see how well it's been managed. 163K and counting. By far the worst response in the world.

    I agree it' manageable, in order to do so you need competent leadership. We failed on that score. We can't wish it away, it will not magically disappear.
    Dr, how many deaths with these athletes?

    Not the old and people who have underlying heath issues.

    Iím talking strictly SPORTS.

    And if you want to debate the actual number of deaths then we can do it later as well. Not all of those that you said are all from Covid and you know it.

    Dr, how many front line workers like people in grocery stores, gas stations, ect have had people dying?

    If it was that bad all of those places would be closed. Oh they are essential and they donít count.

    Iím not saying there is no virus. Iím not that stupid and obviously see how it has affected the entire globe.

    Iím Just saying it is manageable to live and manageable to play sports with athletes that are healthy and in better shape than most in the entire world.

    I go above and beyond with wearing my mask so I understand.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-12-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  11. #8456
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,269
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Clown, get serious. The Country is divided down the middle. 90% of the Democrats hate Trump. 15% of the Republicans hate Trump. So most of the people on this forum who participates are mostly democrats. And I have never called anybody who is a Democrat a bad person or made fun of them or ridiculed them. I donít care about allegiance of any party. I do t always agree with the Democrats view. Does that make me a bad person? But according to you if I have any spec of support of Trump Iím just as bad as he is. So if I agree with his economic policies and disagree with everything else does that mean Iím a piece of trash

    I have NEVER SAID I agreed with kids being taken away from a parent. I also know there is a lot of shady crap going on that kids are used as political tools and that is sickening.

    Again, my final explanation with my view of US immigration. I support anybody who complies with policy and doesnít use loopholes or use political tools to get in the Country. Do it legally. Loopholes need to be closed.

    What is wrong with that?

    My issue with people on here is you have to agree with just one side and we all know what side that is. And If not then you are scum ****. Or that is how you are looked at on here.

    I can guarantee you that if anybody got to know me personally that you would welcome me as a loyal friend.

    I play golf with 3 Democrats and we constantly talk and laugh about politics during our rounds of Golf. The donít label me as garbage just because I would disagree with their views. And I feel that is how me and Posada get treated at times from a few not all just a few.

    And personally I donít give a damn what People day about me or think of me...and I donít run to the teacher. Anybody who runs to the teacher needs help.
    First bolded. When the hell was that said? What was said was that if you don't flat out reject and fight against the idea of racism/sexism in the way it's been used by this president, you are condoning it. I actually went as far as to say I know many, very nice racist, sexist people. You can be both.

    "So if I agree with his economic policies and disagree with everything else does that mean Iím a piece of trash"

    Look at that writing. It sets itself up for conflict. You wonder why people read what you write in a certain way?
    I will answer that sentence with a categoric, No. It does not make you a piece of trash.
    Here's what that comment says to me. I applaud your agreement with his economic policies. I have zero issue with that. What I have had an issue is with the thought you "disagree with everything else".
    It sounds like you are saying that you are willing to look the other way, away from all the racist, misogynistic crap because it makes you a dime.
    If that is true, that's also fine. But then don't be shocked when people call into the light that you are condoning that behavior and therefore are part of the issue.
    If your neighbor beat his kids and wife but he was also a client who made you money, would you tolerate it?
    I am guessing you wouldn't. So why would money be a reason to tolerate this POTUS's verbal tactics?
    Why have you never, until very recently, outwardly condemned what he says and does?
    What about, I voted for him because he would make me money but seeing how he acts, has made me realize I made a mistake
    Or
    I hate everything he represents but he makes me money.

    I have complete respect for people who have made those comments. It's honest and it isn't hiding. You hid.

    As far as not calling democrats bad? You may want to revisit your writing.
    Things like "Look at the damn dems and ridiculous..." "All you lefties want..."
    You categorize with hugely (yugely) broad strokes and then cry foul when people take you to task.

    I have little doubt you are a great and loyal friend.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  12. #8457
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,269
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why is College Sports going dark this fall?

    Because of a virus?

    Politics has now entered College sports.

    One question?

    How many deaths have been reported with all athletes in College and in Pros?

    How many?

    Did you say zero?

    Yes you did. ZERO!

    The age group and how healthy the college athletes and the Pro athletes are make it safe to play.

    Who runs these Colleges? Liberals and they want everything to shutdown because Trump doesnít. Do everything opposite of Trump.

    So political and so ridiculous!
    Mush, maybe it isn't as political as you think.
    Yes, this has been politicized. But it is still a huge threat.

    Let me ask you this,
    Do you think the people in charge of the NCAA committee have politics or money in mind? These are not men and women who are swayed by the same game that most of the population is. They know what needs to be done.

    To further that, my wife works for a big Pharma company. They are not going back to the office until at least January. Now, if a Pharma company, who's sole purpose is money, wants their employees to stay home to prevent the spread of a virus, can't you see that the threat is real?

    They are cancelling NCAA sports Mush, it's not political.
    If you keep saying it';s only political, you're the one who's swallowed the hook



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  13. #8458
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,269
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I just don't think shutting everything down makes sense. I get being careful and taking precautions, but shutting down life and living in fear isn't the way to go imo.
    I guess I don't see that as living in fear.
    Not leaving your house because you are scared of it? Yes. Stopping people from going to bars, restaurant, shops where large numbers interact in a small space? I don't think that's fear.

    Do I think NZ is a bit hardcore? Yes.

    Let's use those wolves another time
    There are wolves in town. Stay close to home. Stay very aware. Stay cautious. Visit neighbors, live life but be cautious. I think that is reasonable.

    There are wolves in town. Get inside and lock your doors. Don't come out till they've gone.
    That's extreme. I wouldn't call it cowardice but would say it's a bit excessive.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  14. #8459
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,024
    Also, college athletes are in controlled environments and surrounded by the best health care.....

    It is manageable folks!


    This is all political BS

  15. #8460
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,724
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Also, college athletes are in controlled environments and surrounded by the best health care.....

    It is manageable folks!


    This is all political BS
    Controlled environments? They are on college campus Nick!

    Political BS? Tell that to the 163K families mourning their loss.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin
    ďThe greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.Ē --- Seneca



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •