Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 327 of 627 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 9393
  1. #4891
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    36k deaths would mean about 0ver a million people infected In a week’s time Since the death rate of the virus Is about 5% . So again those numbers make little sense . Seems to me that this study is just some “experts” at one college throwing a few numbers around and saying its fact .
    Depends on the base.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #4892
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Just admit that “study” is flawed at best

  3. #4893
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You miss the essential point. It wasn't deaths in a week. It was the spread that RESULTED in more deaths over time.

    I am at a loss to explain how they calculate the estimate, but I understand the method.
    Im sure you understand it... [emoji108]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4894
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Glad to hear you feel good.

    Thanks to both of you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  5. #4895
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    By summers end the virus will be long gone. Fck baseball season, I’m already over their greedy *****. Tan Tom is what I’m waiting for. Dude has already formulated practices at a local High School. Those idiots better let fans in. I’ve spent over $3000 and I want my seat for the games.

    I think 2nd wave is just a scare tactic. They gotta say it for CYA crap. I’m NOT saying a wave won’t come, I just feel it won’t be as bad as the idiotic scientists are currently saying. And I only call them idiots not in a bad way just their forecasting. I respect all scientist and all of their hard work they do for the people. But their numbers so far are way off and not even in the ballpark.


    You better make a sign and start protesting because you're not getting in.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  6. #4896
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yeah, I guess those thousands that went to the hospitals was because they were doing so well.
    Thousands were hospitalized , over a million infected . I rest my case

  7. #4897
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,406
    Nothing says Memorial Day weekend like remembering those who sacrificed and lost in the face of grim danger by completely ignoring basic guidelines thus putting those who sacrifice into the face of further grim danger.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #4898
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Thousands were hospitalized , over a million infected . I rest my case
    Jorge I know you prefer alternative facts, but....328K deaths world wide, 94K in US alone. The totals increase daily. We have no clue how many people are infected and likely will never know without a broad based testing protocol. Most numbers we see in the media are projections based on models. Very similar to the one you are criticizing from the Times article. The number of deaths that may have been avoided is based on modeling algorithms. They are projections.

    If million are infected the hospitalization rate is in the 100 thousand with the death rate approximately 5%.

  9. #4899
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How could 36k lives have been saved in a week when the US just hit 90k deaths after 3 months of the shut down ? The math just doesn’t add up . Now if it said 36k less infections or 3600 less deaths then maybe it would make sense. And on top of this, these are the same experts who said hundreds of thousands would have been dead by now when the lock downs first started .
    Please show when and where these experts claimed we'd have "hundreds of thousands" of deaths by May 21, 2020. And no, referring to Mush's "doctor friend" who predicted millions of deaths doesn't count.

  10. #4900
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I just don’t understand how almost a month’s worth of deaths could have been prevented by closing down one week earlier . It just makes no sense . Either way I am always skeptical of anything the media says .
    You stop the flow of the spread before it gets out of control. What's so hard to understand?

  11. #4901
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Just admit that “study” is flawed at best
    Just admit the countless times you’ve been wrong and the countless times you’ve hidden like a coward and refused to respond when confronted with facts that destroyed your argument .

  12. #4902
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,190
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You stop the flow of the spread before it gets out of control. What's so hard to understand?
    He has no idea how a virus spreads. That's why he and Mush constantly refer to this having similar death tolls to heart attacks and strokes. It's absolute cluelessness.

  13. #4903
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,190
    It boggles my mind how people would argue that if lock downs, testing, etc were done sooner then more lives would be saved. That's common sense and a failure on multiple levels of government.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-21-2020 at 05:59 PM.

  14. #4904
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge I know you prefer alternative facts, but....328K deaths world wide, 94K in US alone. The totals increase daily. We have no clue how many people are infected and likely will never know without a broad based testing protocol. Most numbers we see in the media are projections based on models. Very similar to the one you are criticizing from the Times article. The number of deaths that may have been avoided is based on modeling algorithms. They are projections.

    If million are infected the hospitalization rate is in the 100 thousand with the death rate approximately 5%.
    The main reason why we will never have an accurate number of infections Is because most of those infected don’t get sick and never get themselves tested . Most of the ones who get tested are the ones who get sick and want to see what they have
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-21-2020 at 03:21 PM.

  15. #4905
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The main reason why we will never have an accurate number of infections Is because most of those infected don’t get sick and never get themselves tested . Most of the ones who get tested are the ones who get sick and want to see what they have
    No, imo the reason we don't have accurate numbers is our fearless leader insists testing isn't a priority! You may recall recently stated: “More testing only reveals more infections and therefore increases the numbers (cases). In a way, by doing all this testing we make ourselves look bad”

    We know asymptomatic carriers can transmit the virus. That in itself is a huge risk. The only way to get ahead is to know who has it and where it is, reducing the spread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •