Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1264
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,180
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What part of "good news" did you not understand?

    "Good News: The Stimulus Bill provides $367 billion for small business loans and $130 billion for hospitals. This is a big step in the right direction...."
    The bad part of this is there is no transparency in the 500 billion dollars given to businesses. I bet most of that money goes to Trump's holdings and his Mar-A-Lago friends. Only 250 billion go to American citizens and 130 billion goes to hospitals. How does that happen when we're fighting a pandemic both on the front lines and in people's pockets?

    Canada has it right. They are giving their unemployed (due to the virus) 2,000$ a month for the next 4 months. Meanwhile a 1200 dollar payment that might come in May is the best the US could do.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,131

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,129
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The bad part of this is there is no transparency in the 500 billion dollars given to businesses. I bet most of that money goes to Trump's holdings and his Mar-A-Lago friends. Only 250 billion go to American citizens and 130 billion goes to hospitals. How does that happen when we're fighting a pandemic both on the front lines and in people's pockets?

    Canada has it right. They are giving their unemployed (due to the virus) 2,000$ a month for the next 4 months. Meanwhile a 1200 dollar payment that might come in May is the best the US could do.
    Might want to check some of your statements again.

    ''One last holdup, according to two congressional aides, surrounded a final condition for the more than $500 billion in corporate rescue funding: Schumer insisted on language requiring the terms of those loans to be disclosed to the public within seven days. The change was made, and the final bill circulated to Senate offices shortly after 10 p.m.''

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...us-2-trillion/


    ''Boost unemployment insurance, adding $600 per week for up to four months on top of what beneficiaries normally receive from states. It expands eligibility to self-employed people and independent contractors''



    ''Stop President Donald Trump and his family members' businesses from receiving emergency taxpayer relief. The provision also applies to Vice President Mike Pence, heads of executive departments, members of Congress and their family members''


    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coro...lief-plan.html



    ''There was intense partisan debate over the $500 billion proposal to provide loans to distressed companies, with $50 billion in loans for passenger air carriers. Democrats initially contended there was not enough oversight on how the money would be disbursed, but the Trump administration agreed to an oversight board and the creation of an inspector general position to review how the money is spent.''

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...rus/index.html


    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 03-26-2020 at 01:28 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,129
    Doctor: I treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100% success


    https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/doctor-t...tGR9xhzbeTY9Rg

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,131
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Doctor: I treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100% success


    https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/doctor-t...tGR9xhzbeTY9Rg

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    So Trump was right. Get this to every infected patient now, and by Easter we're back to normal.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,180
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Might want to check some of your statements again.

    ''One last holdup, according to two congressional aides, surrounded a final condition for the more than $500 billion in corporate rescue funding: Schumer insisted on language requiring the terms of those loans to be disclosed to the public within seven days. The change was made, and the final bill circulated to Senate offices shortly after 10 p.m.''

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...us-2-trillion/


    ''Boost unemployment insurance, adding $600 per week for up to four months on top of what beneficiaries normally receive from states. It expands eligibility to self-employed people and independent contractors''



    ''Stop President Donald Trump and his family members' businesses from receiving emergency taxpayer relief. The provision also applies to Vice President Mike Pence, heads of executive departments, members of Congress and their family members''


    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coro...lief-plan.html



    ''There was intense partisan debate over the $500 billion proposal to provide loans to distressed companies, with $50 billion in loans for passenger air carriers. Democrats initially contended there was not enough oversight on how the money would be disbursed, but the Trump administration agreed to an oversight board and the creation of an inspector general position to review how the money is spent.''

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...rus/index.html


    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Those provisions didn't come into existence until the Democrats passed their own version of the bill which still hasn't technically passed in both houses yet. There's already talk of the Republicans blocking its potential passing in the house because of the oversight and the unemployment insurance . There's actual thinking that people might make more in unemployment than when employed and that people will use it as a crutch. That's the actual talk coming from Republicans on said bill.

    Whatever the case is, you can't expect any relief until May. The way the federal government drags their feet, you won't see any of this aid immediately so it becomes even more imperative that they pass this thing sooner than later.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,129
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Those provisions didn't come into existence until the Democrats passed their own version of the bill which still hasn't technically passed in both houses yet. There's already talk of the Republicans blocking its potential passing in the house because of the oversight and the unemployment insurance . There's actual thinking that people might make more in unemployment than when employed and that people will use it as a crutch. That's the actual talk coming from Republicans on said bill.

    Whatever the case is, you can't expect any relief until May. The way the federal government drags their feet, you won't see any of this aid immediately so it becomes even more imperative that they pass this thing sooner than later.
    You're speaking in possibilities, I'm speaking in what has currently happened and what the language of the bill currently is.

    It passed 96-0 in the senate. Which the republican party has the majority. Now it's going to the house of reps for a vote in where the democrats have the majority. I don't see how it's not going to pass.

    Trump wants this bill passed as soon as possible. I don't see how the Republicans go against him. He's already said he's fine with the bill as it currently is(not in these exact words)

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 03-26-2020 at 03:19 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Those provisions didn't come into existence until the Democrats passed their own version of the bill which still hasn't technically passed in both houses yet. There's already talk of the Republicans blocking its potential passing in the house because of the oversight and the unemployment insurance . There's actual thinking that people might make more in unemployment than when employed and that people will use it as a crutch. That's the actual talk coming from Republicans on said bill.

    Whatever the case is, you can't expect any relief until May. The way the federal government drags their feet, you won't see any of this aid immediately so it becomes even more imperative that they pass this thing sooner than later.
    Absolutely agree with that. Unbelievably Canada got it done right and way faster than our government could dream of. If there was every a time to put aside partisan politics and come together for the people its now. Right now with all the extra garbage BOTH sides are trying to slide into this relief package i feel both parties are scumbags. Alot of people are going to need help well before May and the scary part is going to be when they start getting desperate enough to do anything to get money. Just avoiding the possibility of people getting desperate and doing bad things to feed their families without food or who could be losing their houses should be enough to get these rat *** politicians off their *** and come together and get this relief package done asap to avoid the possibility of extreme public unrest.

    I grew up on the coast in the Olympic Peninsula in a small town in Washington of about 25,000 people. In the last 5 days they have stationed over 50 national guardsmen in that town. They are driving around in Hummers with people in full riot gear and one man on the gun on the back of the Hummers. Thats making people even more scared according to my friends that are still living up there. They need to get people aid instead of scaring people with the National Guard

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    So Trump was right. Get this to every infected patient now, and by Easter we're back to normal.
    Lets hope so, at the very least it worth trying

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    17,312
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    He should, I made that very point days ago when he raised the same issue.
    Dr, you damn well know it ONLY TAKES ONE PERSON to get into the US who was exposed and that person starts the chain reaction.

    You people are freaking hilarious!

    Always trying to deflect blame from the damn originator!
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    17,312
    For the people who deflect and ignore where this damn thing came do not believe in reality.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,811
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Doctor: I treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100% success


    https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/doctor-t...tGR9xhzbeTY9Rg

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Mentioned this a few gays ago. It is promising. Wasn't a controlled study, but it was 350 patients! Many NY hospitals are adding mass (1500mg) intravenous doses of vitamin C to the regimen as well.

    New York hospitals have federal permission to give a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to desperately ill patients on a “compassionate care” basis.
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-26-2020 at 07:29 AM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  13. #568
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,905
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why do you take him So seriously?

    word for word?

    I would never want a President that doesn’t have any kind oh hope for anything.


    And he never said Monday...

    Do you have hope the Yankees win every game?

    Of course you do...

    It s the same how Trump thinks.

    If find it very disturbing that people would rather hear that we are all doomed and will never recover.

    For Christ sakes, all we hear is negative Bullspit from CNN and their sister stations.

    I’m not saying don’t report negative FACTS, BUT SPECULATING gloom and doom is ridiculous!

    As for as Cuomo?

    He turned down 15000 ventilators in 2015.

    What about that Clown?

    It just seems we can only spotlight Negative things with Trump.
    I take him seriously because he is the president. You should actually be able to take the president seriously. The idea that don't think you should, shows you what a joke and buffoon he's become.

    Yes, I would like president to have and promote hope but they can do that while still being honest and giving tough truths. No one suggests speculating doom and no one wants a leader who will say we won't recover.
    You are the one spinning that.

    Cuomo didn't buy ventilators. It was a bad move in hindsight. But why at this time would the president withhold them? Why would the president outbid states and create bidding wars between states for these devices.?

    Let me ask this, have you heard Trump ever take accountability for mistakes?

    I hear him take credit for anything he can, but I don't hear or see him own his mistakes or miscalculations.

    Mush, the reason that there is so much attention paid to the negative with him is because it's mostly negative crap that comes out of his mouth.
    I've seen some great things he's said but he follows it up with pettiness and absurdity. That is who he is.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,905
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Mentioned this a few gays ago. It is promising. Wasn't a controlled study, but it was 350 patients! Many NY hospitals are adding mass (1500mg) intravenous doses of vitamin C to the regimen as well.

    New York hospitals have federal permission to give a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to desperately ill patients on a “compassionate care” basis.
    What does that mean?



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,905
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    For the people who deflect and ignore where this damn thing came do not believe in reality.
    Who said it didn't come from China? Who on this board said that?

    Who is deflecting that? Who is ignoring it?

    What people have said is that it's ****ing irrelevant because it's here. You would rather point he finger and blame than actually deal with the situation. That is some seriously weak willed crap.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •