Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 360 of 534 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 8000
    [QUOTE=Kinkotheclown;33494218]I agree with your principle but the numbers are vastly different.

To Flimflam's point, 450 white people shot vs 240 black people. Police shootings are sometimes justified. People do bad things and the pilice have to shoot them. However the outrage is not about police shootings it' does involve that. Yet, this young man was not shot bit choked to death over nine minutes. That was murder and three other cops did not intervene. If your black how can you not protest? Can I choke Posada on video while he is handcuffed on the ground for nine minutes and get away with it ? Only after the video surfaced did he even get fired.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    [ Police shootings are sometimes justified. People do bad things and the pilice have to shoot them. However the outrage is not about police shootings it' does involve that. Yet, this young man was not shot bit choked to death over nine minutes. That was murder and three other cops did not intervene. If your black how can you not protest? Can I choke Posada on video while he is handcuffed on the ground for nine minutes and get away with it ? Only after the video surfaced did he even get fired.
    I Absolutely Agree

I was only referring to the the shootings mentioned

That has little to do with the countless other things that transpired and the countless times one race is given the benefit of the doubt over another

I would argue that as horrific as the the crime committed was, it’s equally horrible that 4 other cops watched.

I wish nonviolence would work but sometimes it doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I Absolutely Agree

I was only referring to the the shootings mentioned

That has little to do with the countless other things that transpired and the countless times one race is given the benefit of the doubt over another

I would argue that as horrific as the the crime committed was, it’s equally horrible that 4 other cops watched.

I wish nonviolence would work but sometimes it doesn’t
    Protesters are often young and in a crowd people get violent. That is not ok, if these protesters break the law arrest and prosecute them. Enforce the law. What makes blacks angry is that they see how when they are mistreated and kill ed by a police officer the perpetrator is not punished equally under the law. Was the latest victim " Resisting arrest " or threatening the officer while on the ground handcuffed ?
    Last edited by flimflamman; 05-30-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Anyway, I am off to paint my gate outside after taking my wife for a check up at her doctor. It's a beautiful day outside. Guess what I work from home but my company laptop broke. I get to get paid while the new one comes. Paid vacation for like a week. If any of you are praying people pray for our nation and for a new leader who cares about more then his ratings and the stock market.

I am going to bet your analysis of the numbers is going to be " Not too smart " . Has your analysis of the statiistics incorporated per capita per racial group and likely hood of blacks versus whites being in police custody for the same exact infraction ?? Just for starters. I bet if you even looked at the article you pointed it would undermine the very point you think your making.
    The point i was making is for people that are supposed to be keeping us safe, seeing that somewhere around 800-1000 people a yr die at their hands isn't ok. Thats alot of killing we don't hear about. I'm absolutely not making the point that we don't hear enough about just white people dying, it was ALL people. Why is it countries like Canada, UK and Australia had less than a 100 police related deaths combined and we have 8X that

Something is not right when so many people of any race are dying at the hands of the people they are supposed to be protecting.

I agree with your principle but the numbers are vastly different.

To Flimflam's point, 450 white people shot vs 240 black people shot, looks like a big difference at face value but when you consider where those shootings occur and the national percentage of black people is roughly 15%, it changes that picture dramatically.
    200 mil white people- 450 shot by cops .0000225%
    30 million black people- 240 shot by cops .000008%

It is at least 4 times as likely based on those numbers.
    Clown i wasn't trying to say, poor white people they get shot alot and people don't talk about it, nor was i trying imply what happened to the African - American man wasn't a tragedy, it was. The idea that 4 other cops just sat by and watched this happen is almost as egregious as the actual act itself. Your also absolutely correct that just by population % African- American people are far more likely than white people to get into a confrontation with the police. The last thing i am is a racist or an apologist for racism. I hoped U'd know that about me

My original point is to many people die at the hands of the police in this country when you look at the death totals in other countries
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-30-2020 at 04:31 PM.

I am going to bet your analysis of the numbers is going to be " Not too smart " . Has your analysis of the statiistics incorporated per capita per racial group and likely hood of blacks versus whites being in police custody for the same exact infraction ?? Just for starters. I bet if you even looked at the article you pointed it would undermine the very point you think your making.
    Flimflam, Dayners is a long time poster in very good standing. I have come to know him quite well off the board due to our administrative duties. I can see how you might read it as you did, the percentages make the case. However I can reassure you that was not his intent based on my experience on and off the board. Please don't rush to judgement. I honestly believe his point was a more broad based indictment of police brutality against all people.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Police shootings are sometimes justified. People do bad things and the pilice have to shoot them. However the outrage is not about police shootings it' does involve that. Yet, this young man was not shot bit choked to death over nine minutes. That was murder and three other cops did not intervene. If your black how can you not protest? Can I choke Posada on video while he is handcuffed on the ground for nine minutes and get away with it ? Only after the video surfaced did he even get fired.
    I agree completely. Horrific incident that could have easily been avoided. What infuriates me further and in many ways what enrages many of the protesters..... what would have happened if there was no video? How many lives have been taken and dismissed by administrative chicanery. The blue wall of silence, blue code or blue shield, call it what you will, is real and has buried the truth to many "mysterious" deaths and disappearances.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-30-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Thanks Doc, I apologize to everyone on here who misunderstood the point i was trying to make, the last thing i was trying to convey in an obviously poorly worded post by me was to sound racist in anyway, shape or form.

My views are ALL lives matter and the fact that one race gets harassed far more than others and much worse by the police in this country is a travesty and speaks to a much larger problem in this country IMO. Alot of people think and act like were better than other people in the world because were American. If the last couple months have proven anything, we a nation as a whole haven't been able to handle these kind of events "better" than any other countries that we routinely look down on or criticize in the media
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-30-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Trump wanted a race war.

He may just get what he wanted. I don't think it will turn out the way he thinks.
    https://youtu.be/L6CdZ4nJojA

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Flimflam, Dayners is a long time poster in very good standing. I have come to know him quite well off the board due to our administrative duties. I can see how you might read it as you did, the percentages make the case. However I can reassure you that was not his intent based on my experience on and off the board. Please don't rush to judgement. I honestly believe his point was a more broad based indictment of police brutality against all people.
    I thought it was Posada

I thought it was Posada
    Loooool day got mistaken for posada. Low blow.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Loooool day got mistaken for posada. Low blow.
    Yeah that one hurts

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    So I guess the coronavirus is over now????????

Nobody talks about it anymore.......

We are on to a new narrative.
    No. Though I'm sure that would make you thrilled if everyone pretended like it was.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Clown i wasn't trying to say, poor white people they get shot alot and people don't talk about it, nor was i trying imply what happened to the African - American man wasn't a tragedy, it was. The idea that 4 other cops just sat by and watched this happen is almost as egregious as the actual act itself. Your also absolutely correct that just by population % African- American people are far more likely than white people to get into a confrontation with the police. The last thing i am is a racist or an apologist for racism. I hoped U'd know that about me

My original point is to many people die at the hands of the police in this country when you look at the death totals in other countries
    No man, I didn’t take it in a bad way
    I know you and didn’t take it as you’re being remotely dismissive of the situation

I was referring to the article and the graph.
    So much of that stuff is put into the media but we never take the time to really look