Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Judge: ‘We have best team out there’

Aaron Judge on Yankees’ chances: ‘We have best team out there’
    By George A. King IIISeptember 18, 2020 | 5:34am

“I think they are the same as when the season started,’’ Judge said of the Yankees’ expectations, before they swept three games from the Blue Jays with a 10-7 victory on Thursday night at the Stadium. “I feel we have the best team out there. We had a lot of key guys miss some time. We are getting back to full strength at the right time, right at the stretch. This is the best time to be hot.’’

https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/aaron-...eam-out-there/
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Aaron Judge on Yankees’ chances: ‘We have best team out there’
    By George A. King IIISeptember 18, 2020 | 5:34am

“I think they are the same as when the season started,’’ Judge said of the Yankees’ expectations, before they swept three games from the Blue Jays with a 10-7 victory on Thursday night at the Stadium. “I feel we have the best team out there. We had a lot of key guys miss some time. We are getting back to full strength at the right time, right at the stretch. This is the best time to be hot.’’

https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/aaron-...eam-out-there/
    Then Oct pitching stymies the offense and Judge is stuck there answering why from the media.

I love Judge but he says too much too soon. Remember him and the stupid loud playing of New York New York in the clubhouse in Boston a few Oct’s ago?

They need to do something first and then after he gets a ring then he can say whatever.

The problem I see is they do not play well away from Yankee Stadium.

9-14 is atrocious.

How many games will they play in Oct?

Uh, NONE!

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The problem I see is they do not play well away from Yankee Stadium.

9-14 is atrocious.

How many games will they play in Oct?

Uh, NONE!

Why can't you THINK before you post nonsense like that? WHY? I'm just curious. Right now TODAY, they hold the home field spot.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why can't you THINK before you post nonsense like that? WHY? I'm just curious. Right now TODAY, they hold the home field spot.
    Yeah they do by percentage points

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah they do by percentage points
    Wrong
    The twins are 32-22. The yankees control their destiny. If they win out and the Twins win out, the Yankees finish with a better record by one game. It has nothing to do with percentage points. It has to do with their record.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Wrong
    The twins are 32-22. The yankees control their destiny. If they win out and the Twins win out, the Yankees finish with a better record by one game. It has nothing to do with percentage points. It has to do with their record.

Hate to do this but I have to go with Posada on this one. His statement isn't wrong. Yankees are ahead of the Twins by percentage points. Of course percentage points won't matter in the final standings, but RIGHT NOW Yankees are ahead of the Twins.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Hate to do this but I have to go with Posada on this one. His statement isn't wrong. Yankees are ahead of the Twins by percentage points. Of course percentage points won't matter in the final standings, but RIGHT NOW Yankees are ahead of the Twins.

They are also ahead in the loss column.
    My feeling is that if neither team loses, the Yankees get the 4 seed. That makes them a game ahead.
    Percentage right now is an issue, I agree but by sheer W-L, the Yankees control their own destiny.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

They are also ahead in the loss column.
    My feeling is that if neither team loses, the Yankees get the 4 seed. That makes them a game ahead.
    Percentage right now is an issue, I agree but by sheer W-L, the Yankees control their own destiny.

I know they're ahead in the loss column. That's why they're ahead by percentage points. You get a feeling? LOL!!! It's not a feeling, that's a fact though I don't see that happening. I don't think even the most diehard Yankee fan thinks they're winning 18 in a row. I wouldn't even want that to happen, and once they clinch, you know Boone is going to rest the daylights out of players. I'm agreeing with you 100%. My main point was Posada's post wasn't wrong, as much as it pains me to say that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I know they're ahead in the loss column. That's why they're ahead by percentage points. You get a feeling? LOL!!! It's not a feeling, that's a fact though I don't see that happening. I don't think even the most diehard Yankee fan thinks they're winning 18 in a row. I wouldn't even want that to happen, and once they clinch, you know Boone is going to rest the daylights out of players. I'm agreeing with you 100%. My main point was Posada's post wasn't wrong, as much as it pains me to say that.

If he can never admit he's flat out wrong, I am unable to admit if he's right!

Ignorance is bliss