Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Could Luke Voit Win the MVP?

He currently leads the AL in OPS and is second in the majors. I don't think he'll win the mvp, but it seems more than likely he'll finish in the top 5, maybe top 2 or 3, if he continues to hit like he has been. To receive that type of production from another teams trash heap is nearly unheard of. If he wins the mvp that will be mind blowing.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I don't think so. He's a subpar defender.

If anything DJ returning yesterday and the Yankees winning, shows him to be the frontrunner from this team.

Voit is having a great year. But I think DJ is a more valuable player in every aspect.

Ignorance is bliss

There is no clear-cut definition of what Most Valuable means. It is up to the individual voter to decide who was the Most Valuable Player in each league to his team. The MVP need not come from a division winner or other playoff qualifier. I think Voit has a shot.

“The rules of the voting remain the same as they were written on the first ballot in 1931: (1) actual value of a player to his team, that is, strength of offense and defense; (2) number of games played; (3) general character, disposition, loyalty and effort; (4) former winners are eligible; and (5) members of the committee may vote for more than one member of a team.”
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Webslinger, if the Yankees take second place in the East and Voit leads the league in homers I could see him getting MVP.

He deserves it , he is playing with pain , and doing well . That to me defines mvp

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Webslinger, if the Yankees take second place in the East and Voit leads the league in homers I could see him getting MVP.
    Since i made this thread Voit has dipped in OPS and BA. I don't think he has a chance at this point. But a case can be made for team MVP, although he has tough competition from Sanchez and DJ.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 09-13-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Since i made this thread Voit has dipped in OPS and BA. I don't think he has a chance at this point. But a case can be made for team MVP, although he has tough competition from Sanchez and DJ.
    Surely, you jest?
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Sanchez ?! Really ? Lol

Not a chance barring a crazy last two weeks. He's having a great year with the bat but there are better hitters than him (that also bring value to their team with the glove). You want an all bat guy to win it, there's Nelson Cruz. You want a more balanced player to win it, there's Rendon, Anderson, and Ramirez. You want a beast starting pitcher having a historical season, you have Bieber. Of course, there's Mr. Trout as well. Voit would be lucky to crack the top 10 in AL MVP voting if you ask me.

If I were to pick a top three as of right now, I'd go with Bieber, Trout, and Cruz.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Sanchez has as much chance of winning team MVP as Posada has winning poster of the year.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Hahahahahahahha

Post of the season!

Ignorance is bliss

Shane Bieber will win it in the AL followed by Mike Trout 2nd and Jose Abreu 3rd (especially if the White Sox win their division).
    I have DJ LeMahieu 4th, Nelson Cruz 5th, Tim Anderson 6th, Anthony Rendon 7th, Luke Voit 8th, Jose Ramirez 9th and Brandow Low 10th.

in the NL I have: Fernando Tatis Jr. 1st, Freddie Freeman 2nd, Mookie Betts 3rd, Trea Turner 4th, Jacob deGrom 5th, Manny Machado 6th, Mike Yastrzemski 7th, Yu Darvish 8th, Trevor Story 9th and Ronald Acuña Jr. 10th.

In any case Voit has been a great acquisition. Makes up for Stanton .... almost.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    In any case Voit has been a great acquisition. Makes up for Stanton .... almost.
    I would argue he's better than Stanton. I would rather a team of him than one of Glass Mike's

Ignorance is bliss

As a Giants fan, I'm definitely glad that Stanton vetoed the agreed upon deal between the Marlins and Giants (even though I was really disappointed at the time).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast