Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Sign LB Blake Martinez for 3/30

#Giants have agreed to terms with LB Blake Martinez, source says
    - Galaforo

3/30 terms were from Rapoport

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I like the price but he canít cover me lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Solid add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Solid add.

I keep hearing he canít cover. You know him well enough to say something about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    I keep hearing he canít cover. You know him well enough to say something about that?
    He canít cover but heís solid run stopper. Heís shown a solid ability to get to the QB. Need to grab a LB that cN cover
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    He canít cover but heís solid run stopper. Heís shown a solid ability to get to the QB. Need to grab a LB that cN cover
    Heís not an edge rusher though right? So doubt weíre getting another ILB honestly. But wouldíve preferred Littleton even if heís a little more expensive if this guy canít cover

Sounds like the new Ogletree.

I have a feeling DG is gonna piss away our cap space again.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Heís not an edge rusher though right? So doubt weíre getting another ILB honestly. But wouldíve preferred Littleton even if heís a little more expensive if this guy canít cover
    I mean they have connley and they could look at Simmons. If they draft Simmons you donít have to worry about anybody covering TEs thatíll probably be him most of the time or peppers who Iím hoping can improve.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean they have connley and they could look at Simmons. If they draft Simmons you donít have to worry about anybody covering TEs thatíll probably be him most of the time or peppers who Iím hoping can improve.
    I canít imagine we donít draft a tackle in the first round. Martinez and peppers / Connolly / Carter are gonna be our ILB

Btw, after I read up on him a little Im starting to get a little more positive. Most people who find him underwhelming base this (solely) on PFF stats

Btw, after I read up on him a little Im starting to get a little more positive. Most people who find him underwhelming base this (solely) on PFF stats
    They say if he has guys around him that can play youíll see how valuable he is. I read packers didnít have much help around him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I canít imagine we donít draft a tackle in the first round. Martinez and peppers / Connolly / Carter are gonna be our ILB
    Iíd like to think we take Simmons. But yeah itíll probably be a tackle. I just hope that T comes in ready to be a big facyor
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Not great in coverage but heís aggressive at the line. This is a new direction with Judge. If heís carrying on the Belichick method then this is about role players who will buy into their system so theyíll find a way to use him to their best ability.

We havenít had an LB who can cover since Jacquan Williams.

Wouldíve preferred a sideline to sideline type LB like Littleton. I believe the draft is filled with LBs who can play the run as well as Martinez and lead the team in tackles. Just off the top of my head youíve got prospects like Ken Murray, Patrick Queen, Zack Baun, Akeem Gaither-Davis, Logan Wilson, Shaq Quarterman.

Then again, DG might decide to draft Simmons and that alone will improve our LB unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast