Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why do people keep saying Diggs didn't want to play with Cousins? I think it's more he doesn't want to play in a Kubiac scheme. This will be year two in the system now, expect Irv Smith to gobble up Digg's targets and Cook will have an even better year when we cut Elflein and replace him with someone decent.

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    If Rick gets Jerry Jeaudy and Kinsaw in the first or Ruggs and Kinsaw in the first then i would never again
    say Stevey Ray Vaughn sucks ***. I promise.🤗🤗🤗🤗

VCU-Oh this i gotta see!!!!😂😂😂
    Why on EARTH would you ever say Stevie Ray Vaughn sucks?!!!!

As deep as this draft is at WR, hopefully this doesn't result in a replace Moss with Williamson kinda situation. In fact, as deep as it is, maybe neither 1st rd pick is WR at all, but 2nd is.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sucks. He's a douche but he was a really good receiver. I'll miss his talent. Not the other stuff.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Why do people keep saying Diggs didn't want to play with Cousins? I think it's more he doesn't want to play in a Kubiac scheme. This will be year two in the system now, expect Irv Smith to gobble up Digg's targets and Cook will have an even better year when we cut Elflein and replace him with someone decent.
    there's only so many times you can stand wide open in the middle of the field and your QB doesn't see you before it gets a bit frustrating....imagine his last 2 years if that hadn't happened!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Sitewolf, do you have any links to back this up? I never noticed this when I watched the games.

I am totally on board with this move. He didn't want to be here and was enough of a ******* to ship. We at least got full market value for him. After seeing what Pittsburgh went through with Laveon Bell and then Pittsburgh and everyone else who crossed paths with Antonio Brown dealt with, this sends a message that Divas are not going to be tolerated in Minnesota. I would try to keep Anthony Harris at all cost with the current situation of our corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    That Cousins signing 2 years ago set the pieces in place for everything to blow up in their faces. Now they extended him (i was so looking forward to just one more year of him now its 3) and we lose Diggs because he didnít wanna play with him (who could blame him).

I expect a long lonely couple years until we get a new young qb who cant actually be somewhat of a duel-threat and are able to build up a bunch more firepower.

The Vikings made this bed now they gotta sleep in it ...

The Cousins deal was dumb in that it tied up too much money. We have a below average offensive line and his record is what it is in big games. With that said, he's a top 10-12 qb in our league. If he had a stud offensive line, he would have top 5 numbers. In fact I think he top 4 numbers this past season. I think this extension helps with cap space?

Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    The Cousins deal was dumb in that it tied up too much money. We have a below average offensive line and his record is what it is in big games. With that said, he's a top 10-12 qb in our league. If he had a stud offensive line, he would have top 5 numbers. In fact I think he top 4 numbers this past season. I think this extension helps with cap space?
    This year it saved 10 mil in space, and 9 of that is in dead money to pay Diggs. Now we have our number 1 WR gone, an aging Thielen, defense that probably wont be as good, 1 more year of Dalvin (unless he holds out) and in two years Cousins will be 45 mil against the cap. I just dont see this ending well. Heck, it never started well either ...

There is one silver lining though. Kirkís no trade clause is gone and we have a lot of draft capital to make a run at a qb if need be. Why try over and over to fix the oline if you can get a qb that has some semblance of mobility and can move and improvise in the pocket. Then the oline isnt as critical. Do i think it happens? No. But right now i have my fingers crossed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Sitewolf, do you have any links to back this up? I never noticed this when I watched the games.
    It happened quite a bit. Diggs is open a lot and simply missed or the play just doesn't go his way. I don't have anything to link but some guys on Twitter made a video that showed it.

Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    I am totally on board with this move. He didn't want to be here and was enough of a ******* to ship. We at least got full market value for him. After seeing what Pittsburgh went through with Laveon Bell and then Pittsburgh and everyone else who crossed paths with Antonio Brown dealt with, this sends a message that Divas are not going to be tolerated in Minnesota. I would try to keep Anthony Harris at all cost with the current situation of our corners.
    Harris is open for trade and only a mid to late round pick will get him. He will not stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    This year it saved 10 mil in space, and 9 of that is in dead money to pay Diggs. Now we have our number 1 WR gone, an aging Thielen, defense that probably wont be as good, 1 more year of Dalvin (unless he holds out) and in two years Cousins will be 45 mil against the cap. I just dont see this ending well. Heck, it never started well either ...

There is one silver lining though. Kirkís no trade clause is gone and we have a lot of draft capital to make a run at a qb if need be. Why try over and over to fix the oline if you can get a qb that has some semblance of mobility and can move and improvise in the pocket. Then the oline isnt as critical. Do i think it happens? No. But right now i have my fingers crossed for it.

No, we didn't lose any additional money. That 9 million was already being paid to Diggs so it's just a sunken cost. The money we saved with Kirk's extension basically went to Anthony Harris. Diggs cleared up an additional 5.5 million.

Currently, we have around 6 million in cap space including what it'll cost to sign our draft class. If Harris is traded, that will jump to about 17. That's enough to make a couple moves.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

He poured himself into a worse situation lol. Enjoy having passes thrown over you by Josh Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    He poured himself into a worse situation lol. Enjoy having passes thrown over you by Josh Allen.
    I suppose being overthrown is better than being open and not even looked at, while the qb checks down ...

Great trade. Diggs didn't want to be here and we got a pretty damn good return on a wide out. Obsi or however you say his name and Beebe will fill in nicely and i expect Smith's role to jump. I hope we draft a "decent" QB and trade Cousins, especially before that crazy 45 mil hits!!

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Great trade. Diggs didn't want to be here and we got a pretty damn good return on a wide out. Obsi or however you say his name and Beebe will fill in nicely and i expect Smith's role to jump. I hope we draft a "decent" QB and trade Cousins, especially before that crazy 45 mil hits!!
    I donít see Beebe contributing at all

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast