Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins Sign OLB Kyle Van Noy

The #Dolphins are signing former #Patriots LB Kyle Van Noy to a 4-year deal worth $51M, source said. Big-time spending.

Apparently its 30mil gtd.

Literally an hour ago it was rumored that he was about to agree with the Jets lol
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-16-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I like all of these moves, but I'm officially at the point where I feel like we've ****ed up because we are KILLING it in FA. It just never works out in our favor.

Can confirm Kyle Van Noy to Dolphins. First reported by

@MikeGarafolo

. Also heard from a connection that C/G Ted Karras is on deck for the Fins.

Miami.front office getting all the guys flores needs and wants, this is a good off season so far

Van Noy is decent, but my gosh not worth this contract. So they'll go 4/51 for him, but won't go 3/42 with Conklin . . . a bigger need? I get he's going to bring leadership and versatility, but the contract is not that cool imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Van Noy is decent, but my gosh not worth this contract. So they'll go 4/51 for him, but won't go 3/42 with Conklin . . . a bigger need? I get he's going to bring leadership and versatility, but the contract is not that cool imo.
    You are making some assumptions, the biggest one being that they didn't offer this money to Conklin.

Teams can make all the offers to free agent players they want, the player still needs to make up the other half and sign. Maybe he wanted to go to Cleveland (for whatever reason)? Maybe he simply wasn't interested in here, unless Miami drastically overpaid?

I really disagree that Noy isn't worth this deal, he's been exceptional for the Patriots and we run the same system. Guess time will tell.

Noy is such a underated guy, he's top self and fits what Flores wants to do on D.

Was a bit surprised on the amount but it's always about the structure of the deal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It feels like a lot but 10mil is the new 7mil. The cap keeps going up. Not worried about the money. Van Noy is literally the biggest piece to Flo's defense outside of the roaming safety.

I think this is as much about getting a vet that Flores knows and trusts to instill his way of doing things as anything. He's a reliable, but not flashy player. Chip in with a few sacks, like a lot of guys we have, plus some responsibility tackles as he knows where to go, but is not an athletic freak or anything. But most of all, he's a vet being woven in with the youth movement this team is about to go on.