Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Jimmy Graham is only 3 seasons off of being good. He was still good in Seattle.

We'll see. Hate the contract now, maybe in hindsight we'll be saying otherwise.
    Only 3 seasons? That's an eternity in sports. I don't know that I think it's impossible Jimmy has good ball left in him, it's likely he's better than what we had last year, but I don't see any justification for this contract. He wasn't going to get that kinda money elsewhere and there were better alternatives that got paid less. I think it's fair to say Pace rushed the market here.

Graham should be a good upgrade to what we had last year, which of course isn’t saying much because of the garbage we had. I would hope the combination of a better QB and Graham will see a significant improvement in production from the position.

So I went off espn stats for Graham and Ebron, since this is a hot topic/debate.
    For the last 6 years comparing the 2 since Ebron has been in the league and Graham was 4 years in (his last year at NO until now).

Graham:
    91 GP (avg 15/yr) 539 targets 348 rec 64.4% 4,020 yds, 11.6 avg, 33 TD

Ebron:
    83 GP (avg 14/yr) 452 targets 283 rec 62.6% 3,195 yds, 11.2 avg, 27 TD

I don’t think we over paid. Maybe JG is past his prime, maybe not though. If we can get this type of production (avg) we got a good deal I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanchwarmer View Post
    So I went off espn stats for Graham and Ebron, since this is a hot topic/debate.
    For the last 6 years comparing the 2 since Ebron has been in the league and Graham was 4 years in (his last year at NO until now).

Graham:
    91 GP (avg 15/yr) 539 targets 348 rec 64.4% 4,020 yds, 11.6 avg, 33 TD

Ebron:
    83 GP (avg 14/yr) 452 targets 283 rec 62.6% 3,195 yds, 11.2 avg, 27 TD

I don’t think we over paid. Maybe JG is past his prime, maybe not though. If we can get this type of production (avg) we got a good deal I think.
    But that is using 6 years, when he has been down and out for 3. Wonder how this would look over the past 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    But that is using 6 years, when he has been down and out for 3. Wonder how this would look over the past 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    So he has been down and out? Or just underutilized? Over the 6 years Ebron has been in the league, and those “down and out” years he still has out performed Ebron. Including his 11 game year.
    The best ability is availability, and Jimmy has that in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanchwarmer View Post
    So he has been down and out? Or just underutilized? Over the 6 years Ebron has been in the league, and those “down and out” years he still has out performed Ebron. Including his 11 game year.
    The best ability is availability, and Jimmy has that in spades.
    i just like that last sentence.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345